question

intersup avatar image
intersup asked

searched with serial number but different from what I have?

Hi,

I searched the product I have with serial number but the model on the result page were different from what I have.

The model I have is 12|12|30 Non-isolated DCDC charger but the result page showed 24|12|30.

Is this normal?

support
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @intersup

What is the serial number of your DCDC charger?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
intersup avatar image intersup Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi, the serial number is hq22036yxgd.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @intersup

This serial is correctly registered for a 12|12|30 DCDC charger as can also be seen from Part No on the Victron support page. The answer below from Matthias is correct in this case in that the support page only shows an example image from the product group and not the exact product.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 Likes 2 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

It sometimes only shows the product category not the exact product and in that case it's possibe that the picture doesn't match.

It also shows the product number and that you can use to check with the price list:

https://www.victronenergy.com/information/pricelist

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

It's not normal, though not necessarily unheard-of - very occasionally the lookup tables for the serial numbers can get a little glitched.

But also -and this may seem a silly question, but bear with me- are you certain you have a 12/12-30? I've seen about half-dozen instances this year alone where someone inadvertently had a different unit than they thought, thus why I have to ask.

2 comments
2 |3000

intersup avatar image intersup commented ·

Yes I am sure that I have 12|12 - 30 as shown in the attached photo.

Is there any possibillity I have 24|12 - 30?

photo-2024-05-03-065523.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ intersup commented ·
Nope, that's as solid of proof as it gets! I did check the printed input and output voltage range just to be sure it agreed with the printed model version, but everything's legit there - looks like the SN lookup table for that one must have justten got a little wonky.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.