question

thunderboss avatar image
thunderboss asked

Is anyone else having issues with connecting via Bluetooth to a EasySolar II GX

When i try and connect to the device from with Victron Connect App. It show device and allows you to enter the factory passkey (found on device) and tries to connect then come up with error message as shows. When i check my phone it show a connection is made with Bluetooth to device but that is it. Tried using a different phone and tablet also the same problem. Also tried the network reset button. no luck

screenshot-20240617-144352.jpg screenshot-20240617-131034.jpg

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Bluetooth was cerbo only as far as I remember.

Even then it is only for initial network configuration or for supported iot devices like ruuvi.

All documented in the manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

easy solar 2 (GX) doesnt have bluetooth ... only the built in smartsolar mppt has

5 comments
2 |3000

thunderboss avatar image thunderboss commented ·
Then why does it have it as available to connect to within the devices menu in victron connect then. I'm not convinced if is correct.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ thunderboss commented ·

What versions are you running? - app, multi firmware, GX firmware?

It is most likely that something is not up to date, or that it is reporting devices that can be seen via the VRM tab as being unavailable via local (bluetooth) connection.

The specs are clear - no bluetooth. There is no GX device that responds to bluetooth for reporting or daily use.

Base your expectations on what is documented, assuming firm/software is all up to date.

The current app only reports the GX's VRM shortcut in the local tab when out of range of any device.

0 Likes 0 ·
thunderboss avatar image thunderboss nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Latest version for everything. Updated all firmware and reinstalled app. GX definitely has Bluetooth because I can toggle it on and off within setup menu and change pass code. Is this only for Smartsolar. Also try to find missing generator control menu from with GX...

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ thunderboss commented ·
Best way is via the VRM remote console.

There's a standard MPPT with Bluetooth in the EasySolar, that's what you're seeing.

1 Like 1 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ thunderboss commented ·

@ThunderBoss The above is correct. BT is only useful for initial network config.

As to whether your GX has BT, check out #23 in GX feature comparison.

0 Likes 0 ·