monitoring

Grid Lost alarm not written to modbus register

Hi everyone!

I recently installed the following system:

3x MP2 5000
4x Pylontech US5000
1x Fronius Symo 15-3
1x Cerbo GX

I must say that I am really pleased with the quality of the Victron components and the documentation/knowledge available to do things in a DIY manner. However reading the modbus registers on my Cerbo I encountered an issue while testing.

I am pulling data from all modbus registers once a second. This data is written to InfluxDB and aggregated/downsampled to 3 minutes granularity. The 1s data is retained for 24h allowing me to do real time dashboarding e.g. to monitor alarm states.

[image]

Testing most alarms is difficult but the Grid-Lost alarm can be tested easily by pulling the main breaker on the Grid-Side aka AC-IN. The Cerbo reports a Grid-Lost Alarm about 15-30s after the grid was lost. The Modbus Register 64 (Unit: 227 or 100) should write a "2" for an alarm state but remains at "0".

Unfortunately this is not very confidence inspiring since I am building a whole alerting system that relies on these registers being accurate.

Does anyone have an Idea why the register remains at 0?

Thanks!

leoo asked
leoo edited ·

0 Answers

Monitoring daily total AC output on Multiplus?

I just want to be able to look at the total power inverted by the Multiplus. I can make a widget on the CCGX which makes a nice graph so it is obviously storing that data but I just want to see the value in KW much like I can with the DC power consumed from the batteries as monitored with the smart shunt.

Is this possible?

jack-2 asked
JohnC edited ·

1 Answer

[Solved] EM24 for PV showing negative number for 1 phase

My new 3 phase ESS build is showing some odd numbers for the PV-inverter connected to a EM24. One of the phases is always negative 0-4W, while the other output numbers are as I see on the Solaredge (display/monitoring-site). I've noticed this https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/multiphase-regulation---further-information.html, but I think I'm still missing the watts produced on the mentioned phase. In the picture below the PV-inverter was outputting 3x ~320 W.

Maybe I misunderstood. Can someone help me understand?

[image]

cotje asked
cotje edited ·

2 Answers

Data log Multiplus

Hi.

Is there a way to get a datafile from the Multiplus without connecting it to a GX device? When I troubleshoot and need to see peak power from the AC loads, as an example, can i get this info anyway with only the USB-MK3 or similar device? Or do i have to connect it to a GX device?

Kjell Are Sangvik asked
nickdb answered ·

1 Answer

Understanding idle battery status

I'm trying to understand what the shunt is saying by reporting the battery at "Idle 29w". Wouldn't idle necessitate it being 0 watts since a positive number would mean charging, and a negative number would mean discharging?

[image]

love2learn asked
Alexandra commented ·

1 Answer

Can I measure 3 single phase loads with a single ET340?

Hi there. Is it possible to measure the loads of 3 separate single phase loads with 1 ET340 meter? I want to measure:

- total load coming from grid

- total load from inverters to house

- total load supplied directly from grid to house

Obviously I wanted to prevent installing 3 separate ET112's so I purchased a ET340. Wiring is all connected and meter is present on CCGX but not seeing any numbers. Many thanks

basz asked
Marc Heymans answered ·

2 Answers

Multiple Batteries

I'd like some validation that I'm on the right path. On my sailboat, I have three batteries (house, starter, and bow thruster). The house are LifePO4 and charged by a Multiplus II and I need to know both state of charge (SOC) and temperature, the starter and bow thruster batteries are mainly charged by the alternator with a ARGO FET isolator. I need to know state of charge for the starter battery and at least voltage for the bow thruster battery. I'm adding a CERBO GX. Plan is to use two Smart Shunts and use one to monitor house SOC and temp, and the second one to monitor starter SOC and bow thruster voltage. Is there a smarter way to do this?

dgr863434 asked
christern edited ·

0 Answers

batery monitor

Hello! I have a Viktron system in which there is a 10 kW color control quattro inverter and a lithium battery (from another manufacturer). In the viktron connect settings (settings/general/enable battery monitoring) Can I adjust the percentage of battery charge and temperature without using the BMV-700 device?

solar-vinnitsa-ua asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

Reading SMA tripower with the venus.

i have a offgrid system.

it consist of:

1x sma tripower 10000tl

3x quattro 10000 (3 phase installation)

2x smart solar charger 250/100.

Everything is going perfect .. i miss only the part for reading the SMA inverter.. i read and follow the post of sma inverters.. but still no luck..

silvester asked
at1 commented ·

4 Answers

monitoring panneaux sur microonduleurs

Bonjour,

Je souhaiterais savoir si il existe une solution pour avoir la production des panneaux photovoltaiques raccordés a la sortie AC de mon installation sur mon color control?

Merci.

titane asked
titane answered ·

2 Answers

Ideas for alerting on voltage difference between parallel batteries?

I have a setup with two 12V batteries. They are normally paralleled, but each has its own breaker and battery fuse. They are LiFePO4 with internal BMS.

What I am looking to do is monitor the terminal voltage of both, and generate an alert if there's a significant difference. That could happen if there is significant current flow and either battery's breaker has tripped, fuse has blown, or BMS has disconnected it.

It seems the midpoint voltage monitoring of things like the BMV-712 is almost what I want, except that it expects the midpoint voltage to be 6V for a 12V system. It doesn't appear that there's any way to configure it to expect two 12V voltages instead of 6 and 12.

Is there any product in the Victron ecosystem that does what I'm looking for?

tk-421 asked
kevgermany answered ·

2 Answers

GX comapatablty

So just to ask, as I am getting to see the wood from the trees. If I have a cerbo GX then getting a multi-plus GX is pointless. I could get a multi-plus, and the cerbo GX would do all the work with my smart solar MPPT and battery stack as well as the multi-plus itself ?

samson70 asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

Can the Cerbo GX be connected directly to solar panels without solar chargers or an inverter?

Hello,

I am curious about connecting a Cerbo GX to solar panels.

What is required to do this?

I suspect current transformers are required.

Which current transformers? How are they physically connected to the Cerbo GX?

blue-sails asked
blue-sails edited ·

2 Answers

What is the maximum number of energy meters with ethernet modbus-TCP connection?

Hello everybody,

what is the maximum number of energy meters with ethernet modbus-TCP comunicaction which can be conected to an GX device?

Device reference: EM24DINAV53DISX has been replaced by the EM330DINAV53HS1X27

Kind regards

Timo

aechile asked

0 Answers

Monitoring individual consumers with Cerbo GX

Hi community :)

Today I came across the SCQ25 QUADRO DIGITAL SHUNT MODULE from SIMARINE (https://simarine.net/product/scq25-quadro-digital-shunt-module/) This module can monitor up to 4 different consumers like AC, fridge, etc. to monitor their individual loads on the system. So, I was wondering - is there is any solution from or that works with the Victron Cerbo GX?

Could find any topic in the forum so decided to ask right away :)

tschoeki asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) commented ·

4 Answers

Followers

170 Posts
164 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

johanndo
60 Points
Mike Dorsett
50 Points