question

peter-williams avatar image
peter-williams asked

BMV712 Smart Bluetooth

On our boat, I currently have Multiplus, 7 Solar panels, each with MPPT and 6 lead acid batteries plus an old analogue battery gauge which I am thinking of replacing with a BMV712 Smart so I can get all the information about my batteries, loads, inputs from solar, shore power etc. The worry I have is that the gauge would be located maybe 7m away from our MPPTs in a different part of our boat. Right now, if I sit next to the location for the gauge, my iPhone cannot see the MPPTs on bluetooth. It's just too far away/hidden by the structure of the boat. Is the bluetooth "component" for the 712 located in the (included) shunt which I could install near the MPPTs, or is it in the gauge itself ? I'm worried that if its in the gauge, then I won't be able to access all the information about my system. Many thanks.

BMV Battery MonitorBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Peter Williams

BT is in the gauge itself.

The one with it by the shunt is the (ip22 or ip65) smart shunt, but it does not have a gauge.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-williams avatar image
peter-williams answered ·

screen-shot-2024-06-14-at-50518-pm.pngThanks, I thought that might be the case. Do each of the devices (BMV, MPPTs need to see each other or just the iPhone?

I think I saw somewhere on Youtube that you can get a Cerbo-like diagram showing loads, inputs etc on an iPhone. Is this the case & if so, what additional hardware (if any) do I need to see this type of information? I can't see anything in my Multiplus (12/3000/120) manual about bluetooth.

2 |3000