Digital Multi Control Image

Digital Multi Control

Issues changing from Digital Multi Control to Cerbo GX

I am replacing my Digital Multi Control with a Cerbo GX and a GX Touch 50. Everything worked fine with the DMC, but when I remove it and replace it with the Cerbo GX, my Quattro comes on but keeps turning off and on about every 5 seconds.

sdesharnais asked
sdesharnais edited ·

0 Answers

Digital Multi Control - 200/200A vs 200/200A GX

Hi there!

Besides the difference in price and look, I'm wondering what the functional difference is, between the
Digital Multi Control 200/200A
and the
Digital Multi Control 200/200A GX

Thanks in advance :)

offgrid asked

0 Answers

Current limit display won’t turn off on Digital Multi Control

I have a DCM connected to a Multiplus 12/3000/120. I also have a VE Bus BMS and an Octo GX. Recently I installed a VE Bus Smart Dongle and although the Multiplus seems to operate correctly when I turn the DCM switch to Off all the lights go out except for the numeric current limit display, this now stays illuminated in all three DCM switch positions. How can I restore the DCM to normal operations?

Tim Chapman asked
joeccv commented ·

3 Answers

Digital Multi Control - not able to set current limit over 7 amp

Digital MultiControl 200A GX
Quattro FW 2634497

Using VEConfig or VictronConnect settings I cannot make the 16A current limit "stick" in the settings when I select "overruled by remote" when the Multicontrol is connected.

Any idea?

JF Seatern asked

0 Answers

Digital Multi Control - Inverter Only

Setup: The DMC is connected to the Multiplus-II via RJ45-UTP. A Lynx Smart BMS 500 and a Cerbo GX are part of the system.

The DMC offers the following settings: Charger only, Off and On. When the physical switch is set to "On", it activates the charger and the inverter at the same time.

Is it possible to configure the DMC in a way that the Multiplus-II is set to "Inverter Only" if the physical switch is set to "On"? I don't want to enable the charger at the same time. Current workaround is to physically disconnect A/C input to ensure that only power from the batteries is taken and not from the grid.

Thanks a lot,
David

flare1000 asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

DMC 200/200A with non-parallel MultiPlus

For anyone not familiar with RV shore power (at least in the US/Canada), there are two options - 30 amp and 50 amp. 30 amp is entirely straightforward - 2 wires plus ground, 120V 30A across the two wires. 50 amp should really be called “100 amp” because it is three wires plus ground, so there are two “legs” with 120V 50A across each leg (100A total). You could run 240V appliances across the two hot wires, but there are no 240V appliances in my RV, so each leg originally attached to 1/2 of a split breaker panel, with half the appliances on each leg.

When I added the batteries/solar/inverters, etc, I installed two MultiPlus 24/3000/70 inverter/chargers, one attached to each shore power AC input leg. I then attached the AC output of each MultiPlus to 1/2 of the split breaker panel. So even though I have two Multiplus units, their outputs are not connected to each other. I.e., it is neither a split phase nor parallel installation. The only connection between them is the connection to the battery bank.

I now wish to add a DMC 200 control panel so I can quickly adjust the input power limit when I attach to a generator or 30 amp shore power. In both cases, a dogbone connector sends the single phase 30A power to both legs of the 50A shore power connector, so I need to set the MultiPlus input power limit to 15A each to avoid overloading the generator or popping the shore power breaker.

(finally) My question is: Can I connect the two MultiPlus units together (master/slave) via RJ45 and then attached a single DMC 200 to the master even though they are not connected in a parallel or split-phase configuration? Put another way, is it OK to connect the two MultiPluses with RJ45, even though their AC outputs are not connected together?

Thanks!

matt-m-1 asked
matt-m-1 edited ·

3 Answers

programming DMC with a Multiplus 3000

Trying to configre the DMC to set a current level for my genset that is higher than my shorepower setting (V.E. Bus Multisystem+external transfer switch). I have initially used VEconnect to set up the Multiplus parameters. With the DMC and Multiplus on, when I push the button on the back of the DMC to start the programming nothing happens-no flashing LEDs. What am I missing?

tator asked
tator answered ·

4 Answers

Digital multi control. GX or not?

My system will have a Multiplus, a CCGX & a ve bus Bms. The Multiplus will not be easily accessed. I want to be able to turn the inverter off/on remotely. Can I do this with a Digital Multi Controller plugged into the remote port in the ve bus Bms? If so, do I need the GX version or a standard Digital Multi Controller?

campdaily asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX with Digital Multi Control - any benefit of having both?

Hi,

I am installing a Multiplus II on my boat. I already have installed two MPPT solar chargers and a Smart Shunt. I have bought both a Cerbo GX with the 50 touch display and a Digital Multi Control for the Multiplus II. I realize that some of the Cerbo touch functions are disabled and controlled by the Digital Multi Control if both are connected per section 2.4.1 of the Cerbo manual.

My question is this: Do I need the Digital Multi Control if I have the Cerbo GX with the 50 touch display? Is there anything that the Digital Multi Control can do that the Cerbo GX with the 50 touch display can not do?

Thank you,

Ralph

ralphd asked
hjohnson answered ·

4 Answers

Can I use a "Cerbo GX + GX Touch 50" instead of "Digital Multi Control 200 + BMV-700"

Hi, I am installing a new system with the core components being a Multiplus 12/3000 inverter/charger, 2 x LiFePO4 Smart Batteries (12V/200Ah) & a VE.Bus BMS. I have been recommended to include a "Digital Multi Control 200 + BMV-700", but I'm wondering if it would be better to replace those 2 items with a "Cerbo GX + GX Touch 50". I would like the ability to monitor/control things remotely, and I have read (in other posts here) that you cannot change any settings remotely (nor via the touch panel), that can be set via the physical switches on the DMC (which takes priority).

So my question is really, can you do everything via the Cerbo GX & Touch 50, thus doing away with the need for the DMC & BMV altogether?

solarboat asked
solarboat edited ·

4 Answers

how to use the motion sensor

After reading this article :

I would like to know HOW COULD I USE THE MOTION SENSOR?

mojimoji asked
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

1 Answer

Flashing LEDs on multicontrol when in 'off' position
Hi all
Just finished setting up my Multiplus 12/3000/120 with the digital multicontrol remote.

When the unit is switched off via the multicontrol all the LEDs on the multicontrol flash rapidly. They are fairly dull however.. The multicontrol works as it should otherwise and the multiplus responds correctly (shutting off when this occurs). It is fine when turned on or 'charger only' and only the appropriate LEDs are lit..

I have tried different cables and updated the Multiplus firmware.

It functions completely normally when I tried unplugging the Multiplus from the Cerbo but then the above issue happens as soon as it plugged in again

Had anyone come across this before?
Thanks!

cmwood asked

0 Answers

Multiplus, Digital Multicontrol and Cerbo GX

Hi,

When I connected the Digital Multicontrol AND the Cerbo at the same time to a Multiplus 3000 it stops working.

If I only connect one of the 2 it starts working again.

Is this normal? can I only connect one of the two? any tips.

Thanks,

carloa asked
thiemen answered ·

2 Answers

Digital Multi Control 200 GX Cutout Size

Looking for the actual cutout dimensions for this unit. Looking at the detailed drawings, I can not determine this. Apparently, the cutout template ships in the package. Many thanks for the actual cutout dimensions.

graham-perry asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

73 Posts
70 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

Stefanie
52 Points