question

sac-rv avatar image
sac-rv asked

MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 only charging from solar, not shore power

I had my system professionally installed about 2 years ago. On the most part the system has worked without problems until recently.

Over the last couple of months I’ve noticed the MultiPlus is only charging the batteries from solar but when I turn my generator on it doesn’t charge from that. I’ll see power going to both legs but it is not charging the batteries.

In the past I’ve had problems with the Digital Multi Control after the batteries have gone to 0% where the controller is stuck at 16 amps charge rate on the display. The only way to resolve it is by unplugging it and plugging it back in.

So I’m wondering if the Digital Multi Control is causing this problem too. I haven’t unplugged it yet as I wanted to run this by the community first.

System components

MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V

Digital Multi Control 200/200A

SmartShunt 500A/50mV

Blue SolarSmart MPPT 150/85-Tr

Cerbo GX & Touch 50 monitor

5 - BattleBorn GC2 batteries

All components have the latest firmware.

In this picture, under the Generator, it used to see say 2,400W on L1 when the batteries are charging.

img-4063.jpg

Multiplus-IIMPPT SmartSolarDigital Multi Control
img-4063.jpg (1.0 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

It sounds possible that the x controller is restricting the charge current. I'd test the inverter by disconnecting the controller, and then manually checking the inverter settings using victron connect or ve bus configure program. If you don't have a Mk3 adapter, then use the digital controller to check by turning off any automatic modes - ESS, DVCC, etc, then make sure the battery charge currents are set to non zero values. Best to check without the controller though.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.