question

Jordy avatar image
Jordy asked

Rotary switch to operate quarto on off

Hello,

I would like to setup in node red a switch to control the quarto. The switch need to be a wired one what will be place on the electric board. function can be 0= off 1 = on (only charge) and 2 = inverter on

My first question is what type of connection is the best to use for this. the digital input or the open relay?

Is there someone that can help me a little in the direction with a example that I can import?

The GX function can be obsolete to control the unit if this has to be so...

Manny thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxNode-REDDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jordy

This can be done through software control in node red with no extra hardwiring.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jordy avatar image
Jordy answered ·

Hi Alexandra, thanks for the reply. Yes I have seen the software and I have the question what to use for input. I would like to use the wired rotary bottom to control the power.

maybe you can tell me more about the software

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Use digital inputs on the cerbo, relays are simply switches, on or off. They are not inputs.

From your rotary switch connect position 1 (charge only) to digital input 1+, connect position 2 (inverter on) to digital input 2+. Connect the digital input ground (from either one, doesn't matter which) to the common of the rotary switch. (DO NOT connect voltage positive to the switch, digital inputs are a pull-down) You do not need to connect anything to position 0 of the switch.

In node red you will read digital inputs 1 and 2 and set the inverter switch position accordingly. No digital inputs active means off, input 1 means charge only, and input 2 means inverter on. Use a filter node so you are not constantly sending commands to the inverter.

Edit to add: If digital input 1 is being used for generator run signal just use input 2 and 3 for your switch.

2 |3000