question

analagan avatar image
analagan asked

multiplus II will not turn on when connected to Digital Multi-control or Cerbo GX

I've upgraded from a multiplus compact which performed flawlessly, but it was too under powered for my needs. I now have a problem with the multiplus II 12/3000/120-50 2x 120. When a RJ45 cable is connected to either VE. Bus connectors on the multiplus, I cannot turn on the Multiplus II either remotely or from the rocker switch. After disconnecting both cables, the RJ45 connectors from the Digital Multi-control and/or the Cerbo GX, the inverter will turn on. Once started, the offending cables can be reconnected. The inverter is connected to both the Digital Multi-control and the Cerbo GX and will perform normally. But if turned off either remotely or locally, the inverter cannot be restarted unless both cables are unplugged. I've tried using Victron certified cables, but that failed to correct the problems. I've seen several post that are similar, but none of these had a solution. Does this sound like a firmware issue?

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxmultiplus ve.busDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Tim Chapman avatar image
Tim Chapman answered ·

Do you have a VE Bus BMS in the system? If so the DMC should be connected to that, not the Multi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

analagan avatar image
analagan answered ·

Tim Chapman. Thanks for your assistance. No, I do not have a VE Bus BMS in my system.

2 |3000