question

Joagie avatar image

Multiplus 12/1600/70 with MK3 - How to use multiple devices with a single VE.bus port?

Hi all,

I want to use a raspberry as the venus device. I want to connect my MPPT 100-50, BMV712 with the VE-Bus and my Multiplus with the MK3 Interface.

But I want to use the normal remote control the digital multicontrol 200/200a too. Is there a way to connect all 3 devices (multiplus, multicontrol and MK3) at the same time ? As far as I know all three divices have only one RJ45 connector.

Thanks for help

Hoagie

Multiplus-IIRaspberry PiMK3Digital Multi Control
2 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi

Yes you should be able to as it is a VE bus device if this connects to the Mulitplus then the mulitplus connects to the Raspi via the Mk USB device is should pick it up.

2 Answers
esterill avatar image
esterill answered ·

Hi, I would like to do this with some Multiplus 12|800|35 units. Can you elaborate on the straight through RJ45 splitter? Which one is this and/or what is the schematic? I have tried some Lindy 1 into 2 splitters but they do not work.

3 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @esterill,

The recommended known working part is Victron Part number - ASS030065510 - RJ45-splitter 1xRJ45 male/15cm cable/2xRJ45 female

Your Victron dealer should be able to supply it.

esterill avatar image esterill Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ ·

Thank you very much. I was unable to find this on the Victron website. I will order some now.

Thanks to you too, I have asked the web team to update the website to include this product so others can find it in the future.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Joagie,

It is possible to use a straight through RJ45 splitter to increase the VE.Bus ports available on these smaller units (and the other devices that only have 1 VE.Bus port).

alt text

1 comment Share

Great thanks a lot.