question

hutchinsel avatar image
hutchinsel asked

Multiplus control panel - new install - all lights flashing

Verified cat 5 cable is fine. Paired w a Quattro 5k. System was installed 1 ye ago. Just added remote panel. All LEDs are flashing. Inatalled on a boat. Not currently connected to shore power/ no GenSet. Solar charging 12vdc. Cerbo GX installed. Up to date firmware on all devices.

Trying to troubleshoot - doesn't appwar to be a troubleshooting guide.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Troubleshooting guide/ LED error codes are listed in the back of the Quattro manual - you didn't specify which Quattro, so I can't tell you which manual, but they're all here.

Your description is generally indicative of a communication error, so if you're not using a genuine Victron RJ45 UTP cable that's the first thing I'd personally try, swap it out with a Victron cable and see if that resolves the issue, otherwise run through and find the LED error code and go from there!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Led error codes are in the quattro manual or the Victron toolkit app. So that's the place to start.

Sounds like the bootloader error though.

Next is some logical steps and checks.

Nothing (no errors or a lack of device) appears in the GX?

How and where has the cable (for the remote panel) been connected?

If you remove the remote panel does it all go to normal?

5 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

0 Likes 0 ·
hutchinsel avatar image hutchinsel commented ·
The quattro is a 5k 120v. The led flashing is on the remote panel not the quattro panel. The error codes appwar to refer to the quattro panel so i guess that's a cable issue then. Will look again at cable. I don't have access to a victron supplied cable - i have to make due w cabling i make. I made all of the other cables so i am confused as to why the issue here.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ hutchinsel commented ·

So the panel does not affect the main system in function or otherwise?

The error lights are on the panel only?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ hutchinsel commented ·

So the panel does not affect the main system in function or otherwise?

The error lights are on the remote control panel only? Comms definitely

0 Likes 0 ·
hutchinsel avatar image hutchinsel Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Cut end at remote put new one on . I am getting intermittent connectivity. There was some corrosion on old rj45. Guess i will replace quattro end again.

0 Likes 0 ·