BMV Battery Monitor Image

BMV Battery Monitor

UTILISATION D'UNE SONDE DE TEMPÉRATURE DE BMV702 sur CGX ?!

J'ai une sonde température d'un BMV702 sous la main, puis-je l'utiliser directement sur l'entrée ANALOGIQUE INPUT TEMPERATURE de mon CGX ?!

Alexandre PY BLOUCH asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

2 Answers

BVM 700 discharge floor %

I have a bmv-700 with a bluetooth dongle monitoring four 64ah lithium iron phosphate house batteries in parallel in my rv. I am trying to find the definition of "discharge floor" in the bmv manual. In the app it is the third item under "battery" which can be changed by the user. 50% is the default. In the 4.2.1 section of the manual it should be listed "03.", but it is not. I can't find it listed anywhere in my physical manual, or the downloadable manual. I assume it is the bottom half of the monitor's way to calculate "state of charge"? But a percentage of what? Battery voltage? Battery ah capacity? Thanks

biflip asked
kevgermany commented ·

4 Answers

probleme sonde temperature BMV

Bonjour,

L'option 67 et 68 ne s affiche pas dans le BMV ne pouvais donc pas régler les options en rapport avec la sonde de température.

Merci.

janis4568 asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

1 Answer

BMV712 with SmartSolar

I am charging my LFP battery bank from 3 x SmartSolar MPPT controllers (2 x 100/30, 1 x 75/15). They are all set to the standard LFP charge profile of Absorption: 14.2V for 6h and float voltage of 13.5V.

They all receive the same battery voltage information from the BMV712 yet they all go into float at vastly different times. The first of which is before the the BMV712 has reached 90% SOC. I am considering setting up a raspberry pi to act as a Venus Control which i think will give SOC information to the controllers. Is that correct and/or is there anything else i can do to get everything talking to each other better?

chrisryan43 asked
kevgermany answered ·

3 Answers

how to integrate the BMV-712 into the Cerbo

Hello I have a setup as follows:

3Ph MP2'+ Solar RS450-100 + Fronius Symo + ~40kW Pylon US3000c' controlled by Cerbo GX /Touch 70 and VRM. All working as expected.

Bought a Hyundai (ITC-Power) 8kVA Genset 3Ph (in Single Ph mode), VE Smart dongel and a Quattro2 48/5000/Charger only. Connected and Setup everything; as per the Manual. Everything works somewhat as expected. I need to adj. AVR /Idler settings abit. Fuel-Level is monitored by the Cerbo.

Keeping the two systems isolated from the other. I managed to get Automatic Gen. Start/Stop function working from the Cerbo. Over the AUX1 input and Relay of the Quattro2, with warmup/cooldown timmers.

Now I wish to install a BMV-712 have it laying around for some time now. To monitor the output of the Genny/Quattro2 in the Cerbo as well the BMV-Relay as a safety device (ex: on AUX2)

The Question is how to integrate the BMV-712 into the Cerbo so oversight can be seen in VRM if possible in the Remote Console as well? If not; are some other viable options avoiding a second GX device.

Edit: Forgot to ask: Pylon. settings for the BMV-712 just as a control. I am getting older... lol

stubbs asked
stubbs edited ·

2 Answers

BMV-712 new setting #72?

I did a firmware update a few months ago and now my BMV-712 has another setting... #72. I can't make out what the display says this setting is, so I looked at the latest online manual from Victron, and there is no #72!!! Not even after 4 months!!! What gives? How can the latest manual not show this after many months? And what is the new setting #72? - Thanks!

don-b asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

BMV 712 reading the house bank plus two starter batteries

Hello.

Have a couple of question please:

1. On my Cat I have a house bank batteries and two starters batteries . All different locations. House bank in near galley, and starters batteries (1 next to engine Port 1 next engine STB). My question is:

Would it be possible to obtain reading of those separate systems? I understand is possible with house bank plus one starter battery, but I want make sure that would an extra input connector in the shunt for the second starter battery.

2. I understand the supplied shunt has 500amps capacity, right? My house bank currently hold 7 batteries, that combine can generate 700 amps. I guess that should be problem, correct?

Thank you,

Erick

erick-de-moraes asked
s-v-simbora answered ·

2 Answers

CHARGER + BMV 700, Disconnect other cables when charging ?

Hello,

The seller couldn't answer me and i couldn't find any wiring diagram for my current setup, so i'm asking this to you guys:

Here's a diagram of my setup

[image]

Question: Do i need to disconnect every other cable on the battery when i want to charge it with the IP67 charger? I'm afraid of damaging the shunt or the inverter if i leave all the cables on while charging, i'm pretty new to this.

I was thinking of using the circuit breaker and then start the charge, but still, i'm not 100% sure that it'll prevent the inverter from being potentially damaged.

(It's obvious but just in case: on the diagram, the negative cable of the IP67 charger is connected on the "LOAD and CHARGER" side of the shunt.)

(I'm only willing to charge the battery when the inverter is off.)

21g asked
21g commented ·

2 Answers

Cerbo relays verse the 712 relays?

I am curious why the Cerbo relay settings can't be as straight forward as the 712 relay functions? Why can't the Cerbo have a simple low voltage / high voltage relay setting? It just seems like the Cerbo relay settings are needlessly cumbersome.

Am I just not looking in the right place?

over-and-under-victron asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Unable to Change PIN: BMV-712 Smart

My BMV-712 PIN is still set to the factory default '000000' and I am trying to change it to my own PIN. I have unpaired all of my (Android) devices from the Victron controller. When I select PIN code reset in the app and enter the PUK code, I continuously get this message in the app. However, I never have the opportunity to set my desired PIN. When I click OK, the app takes me back to the Device List. What am I doing wrong?

[image]

speedbump asked
speedbump answered ·

2 Answers

Does the Multiplus 2 Battery monitor use the Peukert Factor ?

Hi,

There is no option on the config file of a Multiplus 2 to enter Peukert Factor for the built in battery monitor. Does it base it on a default Peukert value of the type of battery selected, or does it not use Peukert at all for SoC calculations, and the only way i can achieve this is to install a smart shunt / BMV?

Thanks

Chris.

subby28 asked
JohnC commented ·

1 Answer

State of Charge not exceeding 25% even thought Charge Controller on Float?

I'm advice on a 24v Easysolar Unit, Charge Controller 150/35 and BMV712.

Our SOC (on all devices) does not exceed 25% even though the MPPT Charge Controller & Easy Solar are getting to float every day.

We recently replaced the batteries so I dont think it's those.

It feels to me like perhaps the unit is not setup correctly? Perhaps as a 48v system or something?

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2022-11-08 192958.pngScreenshot 2022-11-08 193010.pngScreenshot 2022-11-08 193029.pngScreenshot 2022-11-08 193231.pngScreenshot 2022-11-08 193538.pngScreenshot 2022-11-08 193550.png

james09 asked
klim8skeptic answered ·

2 Answers

Cyrix -ct 120, draining both batteries?

When I leave the boat and the batteries are:

STARTER Batt.=13,0v

HOUSE Batt.=12,5v

after 24h with everything OFF the batteries have both the same voltage (~12.7v).

I thought right away that the Cyrix is connecting both batteries and when I tested with a voltmeter, there is indeed connection from both poles of the Cyrix. Is this a normal behavior?

See video HERE.

My current setup is:

[image]

zuzullo asked
morissen answered ·

7 Answers

Weird Voltagespike causes BMV to reset to 100%?

A couple of days ago I started draining my batterybank, slowly, in order to do some tests with my newly acquired Globallink 520 (which I am very much in love with). I drained the battery to about 95%, leaving a fridge running overnight. Then all of a sudden (apparently out of nowhere) there was a Voltage/Amperage "surge" (see 11.30u.) and on this very same moment the SOC jumped from 95% to 100% on the BMV.

I think the GL520 graphs show this nicely.

The MPPT however was not to be fooled by this and has been dutifully "bulking away" after the anomaly untill in fact fully charged, 24hrs or so later.

My question: does anybody recognise this behaviour?

Any clues to what may have caused it?

[image]

Any insight or thoughts on this are very much appreciated,

Jan

westen asked
westen answered ·

3 Answers

How to connect Non-Victron Charger to Cerbo GX

Can I use CerboGX to monitor the contribution of power from my non-Victron shore power converter?

dan0gram asked
pwfarnell answered ·

2 Answers

1745 Posts
1265 Users
25 Followers

Topic Experts

wkirby
2251 Points
Mark
2188 Points