Blue Smart Charger Image

Blue Smart Charger

This topic has been merged into charger . Please use charger when editing or creating new content.

How to change Blue Smart charger advanced settings for Li-on batteries?

I'm using the 24V / 13A Blue Smart IP65 Charger on two 120Ah LiFEPO4 batteries in series. It's working OK but I would really like to tweek the Bulk Absorption up from 28.4V to the 28.8V receommendation from the battery manufacturer. I may also need to change the 2 hour absorption time limit.

However the settings are greyed out (WTF?). Is it possible to chnage these settings somehow?

TIA

chrisj1952 asked
chrisj1952 edited ·

3 Answers

Multiplus 24/3000/70 50a charge limit

Hi all! I connected my laptop to the inverter and configured all the parameters for my system and battery type/capacity. However, connecting to the inverter via the Victron Connect app shows that the charge limit is set to 50a. When I try to increase this to 70a in the VC settings, it wont let me go above 50a. What am I missing here? How do I allow the system to fully utilize the 70a that the charger is able to handle?

love2learn asked

0 Answers

go-eCharger integration in Venus OS

Hi community,

I just finalized my integration of the go-eCharger as a evcharger into the Victron OS. You can find my project on github with all you need to setup: https://github.com/vikt0rm/dbus-goecharger

[image]

[image]

[image]

vikt0rm asked
izeman commented ·

3 Answers

Schedule charging charge rate

Hi,

Is there a way to set the charge rate (drawn from grid) in ess schedule charging?

I want to charge eV and recharge batteries during low tarrif at night but don't want to be pushing those numbers from grid all at once on max charge, so want to reduce battery charge rate (lower but longer)

However I also don't want to limit overall charge rates as during the day I have ac coupled Pv charging the batteries through multiplus ii.

Ie max charge during the day from PV with grid setpoint being 0

At night I want schedule charging at Lower charge rate.

Thanks,

Matt

matt1309 asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

New multiplus vs multipluc compact vs multiplus

Hello all,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma, and do not know which route to go with an inverter/charger.

I'm now confused in what to get.

Multiplus - classic, has all the nice features

Multiplus compact - going to be discontinued, what does it lack next to the multiplus?

New multiplus - this I'm not sure what features it has, I see it has different ac in/out with connectors, not hard wired inside, does it come in the box with cable? I cannot find any information or video footage of the new multiplus, looks like nobody has installed or reviewed this product...

All the help would be appreciated!

teddysx3 asked
Paul Howe commented ·

1 Answer

Model Phoenix 12/24. When the power switch is turned on, it lights up (bulk) and after a few seconds goes into (failure + fast blinking Bulk) output voltage = 0V

when trying to configure settings:

Adjusting maximum bulk current.

Adjusting absorption voltage.

Adjusting float voltage.

- the system enters setting mode, but the output voltage remains zero

yevgeniy asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

0 Answers

100/20 sometimes stops charging and then carrying on again.

Hello together, my 100/20 is charging a 16S-LiFePo4 batterie with 90Ah. It’s running on two 400W modules (mpp at 34V per module) I have seen now for the second time, that the charger just dropped down to 2 ore 3 watt, without a reason. After a wile it starts working again and I am not able to figure it out. I have checked the manual of the charger and made sure, that there is no problem. The settings are right, cable are fine and also not overheating or anything else. Has anyone experienced anything similar and was able to figure it out?

[image]

[image]

[image]

big-deee asked
big-deee commented ·

1 Answer

model phoenix 12/24. when the power switch is turned on, it lights up (bulk) and after a few seconds goes into (failure + fast blinking Bulk) output voltage = 0V

Model phoenix 12/24. When the power switch is turned on, it lights up (bulk) and after a few seconds goes into (failure + fast blinking Bulk) output voltage = 0V.

when trying to configure settings:

Adjusting maximum bulk current.

Adjusting absorption voltage.

Adjusting float voltage.

- the system enters setting mode, but the output voltage remains zero

(Charger is brand new)

yevgeniy asked

0 Answers

will a 100/20 MPPT controller have a conflict with a bcdc charger

I have a bit of a problem with how I want to connect a new 200w panel.

Background:- My auto electrician found my two existing solar panels [in parallel] are putting out 37volts rather the the max 28 stated by the manufacturer. He could not connect them to the bcdc1250d charger [which also has a 750w MPPT controller but a limit of 32volts] he had just fitted so added a victron 100v/20a MPPT charger... An additional panel on this would be over 20amps, so I wanted to add a new 200 w panel to the redarc bcdc charger to utilise the 'green' function that uses solar before the alternator current. Id prefer not to go to series panel connection due to shading from roof vents and a satellite dish.

Question? Could there be conflict between new 200w panel connected via the bcdc1250D and the 2 old 140w panels connected via the victron 100/20 MPPT charger

Currently while the bcdc is working fully while driving the old solar potential is not being used

thanks

graveyphil asked
klim8skeptic answered ·

1 Answer

Power supply mode

HI I have an IP 65 charger, how can I switch to power supply mode just by the button without using the mobile app?

bfg7084 asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

How to Configure Multiplus only as a charger for lithium batteries?

Objective: Configure Multiplus only as a charger for lithium batteries

We are using:

-Cerbo GX

-Multiplus II 48/3000/35/-32

-DYNESS B3 48V - 3.6 kWh

[image]

Cerbo GX connected to Multiplus (VE.Bus)

Cerbo GX connected to battery (BMS-Can)

We have configured:

Settings > Services > BMS-Can port > CAN-bus profile > “CAN-bus BMS (500 kbit/s)”

Settings > System configuration > Battery monitor > “DYNESS-L battery on CAN-bus”

Device List > Multiplus-II 48/3000/35-32 > Switch > Charger Only

However, when we supervise on the remote console, it always indicates 100% at 49V and does not charge, we have maintained it for hours.

[image]

Any additional configuration that is needed so that the load percentage corresponds to the real one and the module works as a charger?

varg asked
varg edited ·

3 Answers

Zusätzliches Ladegerät am Multiplus II 3000 + Fragen zu ESS

Hallo
Um den nächtlichen Eigenbedarf (ca 5-8kW) des heimischen landwirtschaftlichen Betriebes zu decken würden wir hier gerne ein ESS bestehend aus
1x EM24
1x cerbo gx
3x Multiplus II 48/3000
Sowie ca 60kWh LiFePo4 Speicher (400Ah Zellen) einbauen.

Hierzu hab ich nun im Vorfeld noch ein paar Fragen zu dehnen ihr mir hoffentlich ein paar Antworten geben könnt:

1: gibt es eine Möglichkeit die Akkus noch zusätzlich zu dem Ausgang vom Multiplus zu laden? Bei 35A Ladestrom würde es ja sonst ca 11-12 Stunden dauern bis die Zellen voll sind...

2: Am Hof gibt es bereits eine 100kWp PV-Anlage (SMA-WR) und somit auch Wandlermessung.
Kann hier der EM24 auch eingesetzt werden (in Reihe zum derzeitigen Zähler an den Wandlerspulen)?

3: macht es mehr Sinn die Zellen zu 3 Packs a 16 Zellen mit einem BMS (Seplos) jeweils an einen Multiplus zu hängen, oder macht man aus den Zellen einen großen Pack mit nur einem BMS?

Gruß
Nielsch

nielscho asked

0 Answers

What is the difference between these models of chargers

Hi,

Could someone please let me know the difference between these 2 models of chargers.

bpc121542002 vs bpc121542022

The 2002 is around £30 cheaper online and I’ve no idea why and can’t seem to find more info myself they both appear to have the same specs at least from what I can find in retailers descriptions

Thanks in advance for any help

Ant

ant-hart asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Blue Smart IP67 charger defective?

I have a Blue Smart IP67 220V/13A charger, that has started behaving strange. It is just under two years old.

With a few minutes intervals it turns it self off, starts again a minute or two later, then switches off and so on. All the led's turn off and it stops charging when it goes to off-mode. In the on-mode intervals it only charges with about 8A.

It has been going on for about 3 weeks. We thought it had entered some maintenance mode, until we saw the led's turning off.

Is it defective or can it somehow be reset?

peter-juul asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

Skylla-I keeps tripping, new issue, excessive amp draw

We are out cruising in a remote part of The Bahamas and our Victron Skylla-i 24/100 (3) started to trip the breaker. It has progressively gotten worse over the past few days. Victron themselves don't seem to want to help and suggested we contact a local distributor -- hard to do out here.

Here is a graph from our monitoring system showing when the issue started:

[image]

We did not make any changes to the system. So no additions, configuration changes, or other issues (related or unrelated).

This is a picture from the charger with the meter:

[image]

The summary of the reading before tripping was...

Input: 20.10A @ 240V
Output 1: 37.88A
Output 2: 81.7A
Output 3: 3.57A

Combined output: 123.15A -- The charger does not show more than 100A output on the network (connected to our NMEA 2000 network).

This is a graph from when it first happened:

[image]

This was a few days later:

[image]

The settings were not changed, and nor were the batteries. Here's a picture of the charger with settings as it was installed in Florida.

[image]

Thoughts?

explorking asked
Paul B edited ·

1 Answer

Followers

790 Posts
260 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts

juha-h
0 Points