bluesmart ip22 Image

bluesmart ip22

Victron 12/30 Blue Smart charger maintenance charging

Hello,

A quick question regarding the Blue Smart 12/30A charger. I have two 100Ah AGM batteries that I need to maintain over the winter. They will not be used during the winter and they will be stored in a heated storage space. Is it ok to leave this charger in question on for 6 months straight?

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Peter

pejo asked

0 Answers

Should Victron Blue Smart IP22 amps be fluctuating strangely during float?

[image]

I recently upgraded my RV to LifePo batteries (two 100AH). While doing so I upgraded the converter/charger to WFCO’s auto sensing unit. I also installed a Victron Smart Shunt. I fairly quickly discovered a now known issue where the WFCO unit does not do a good job of actually detecting lithium properly and never goes into a proper bulk mode. This means that I would never see more than about 10-11 amps while charging. Once the batteries would eventually reach full charge it would float and maintain 13.6 volts and a fairly consistent small positive amperage to the battery according to the Smart Shunt (this is from my memory).

Because of the low charging amperage issue, I decided to remove the WFCO converter/charger and purchased two Victron IP22 30Amp Smart chargers. I was able to place them within 5 feet of the batteries where the WFCO unit had been over 20 feet away. I hooked them all up and was thrilled that they delivered 55+ amps during bulk mode.

Unfortunately, I have discovered something that strikes me as odd once they go into float mode. The voltage stays fairly consistent with only very small fluctuations like 13.49 to 13.51 volts using the lithium setting. However, the amps bounce around like crazy. They fluctuate from around -1 to +2 constantly. As in, they will bounce around in that range a couple of times every second. I have attached a screen shot showing this behavior in the trends area of the app. I have a small load present at nearly all times for my RV.

Is this normal? I am 99.9% sure I did not see this behavior when I was using the WFCO unit. Are the IP22’s not well suited for the task I am asking them to do?

Things I have tried with no change. I have removed all items from the VE network, unplugged each of the two IP22’s one at a time to see if one of them was behaving badly, changed from the lithium preset to custom ones trying float voltages of 13.6 and 13.8, added slightly more draw by turning on lights inside the RV.

Any thoughts?

spray25 asked

0 Answers

Phoenix Smart charger vs Blue Smart charger

I want to install a dedicated 12v charger on my boat. There are three battery banks, Bow Thruster, Service and start accu.

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the Phoenix Smart(3) and the Blue Smart(3), it look likes both can do the same, but it has a very different price.

Thanks

wilco asked
Bruno M answered ·

1 Answer

Power to starting but not house battery

Just replaced a Charles 3 output battery charger with a IP22 3 output charger. I get charging to my starting battery but nothing to my house battery. 1 output I’m not using. The Charles has a jumper wire from the output not being used to the outlput beside it that is being used. Do I need to do the same thing With the Victron? Thanks.

Dave

johnhearnden asked
liam-hogan answered ·

3 Answers

Victron IP22 Charger Schuko UK Plug Variants - do they both have 3-core cables ?

The IP22 comes in UK/Schuko and IEC variants. I can't seem to find any information to say if the Schuko variant (the round plug with two pins) has only 2 cores in the AC cable to the Charger. The local retailer only has the SCHUKO variant, but thinks there may possibly be only two cores, but that the UK variant would have three.

Does anybody know if the cables have three cores - even on the SCHUKO plug variant ?

aidancoughlan asked
kevgermany commented ·

3 Answers

Blue Smart IP22 12-30 3out Ladegerät bei Verwendung von Orion 12/12-30 isolated anschließen

MoinMoin,

ich habe Starter- und Verbraucherbatterie mit Orion verbunden. Wie kann ich das Blue Smart Ladegerät anschließen, damit es beide Batterien lädt ohne das die Trennfunktion des Orion aufgehoben wird?

Danke im Voraus!

jpm asked
jpm commented ·

2 Answers

IP22 12/30 Absorptionsladung mit 0.0A

Ich habe eine Lithium Batterie für meine Solaranlage im Wohnwagen. Ich möchte die Batterie mit dem blue smart IP22 12/30 laden. Es zeitgt mit Absorptionsladung an mit Stromausgang 0.0A. Ich hatte die Batterie bereits mit dem IP22 geladen, da finktionierte es. Was kann ich tun?
Bin für jeden Tipp dankbar, denn ich habe ohne Batterie keinen Strom im Wohnwagen.

corbieres asked

0 Answers

Lüfter läuft ständig blue samart IP 22 24v 16A charger

Hallo

Ich habe mir einen blue samart IP 22 24v 16A charger gekauft um damit mein Fahrzeug 24v zu laden b.z. über Winter die Batterie zu erhalten.

Nun zu meinem Problem

Der Lüfter läuft ständig auch wen keine Batterie angeschlossen ist

Kann man das irgendwie ändern?

Habe die Leistung auch auf 8A reduziert und der Lüfter läuft fröhlich weiter

Gruß Oliver

funkbaer asked

0 Answers

BSC IP22 24/16 no charge current

Battery charger BSC IP22 24/16 suddenly don’t charge anymore. (0,0amp)
Tried all modes, fuse OK, reads voltage OK, LED’s light normal.

any ideas?

Chris

Chris de Voogd asked

0 Answers

IP22 and MPPT 75/15 Stop Charging Due to Low Temp

Hi Community!

I have the following setup in my RV:

• IP22 Charger with 20A
  • MPPT 75/15 with two 110Wp Panels attached
  • BMV 712
  • Liontron 150Ah Battery

The car is currently parked in a large garage and 230V power cable is attached. Two days ago I tokk the car out of the garage and I saw that the BMV 712 reports that only 48% of the battery capacity ist left. As the 230V cable was detached at that time I looked at the status of the MPPT. It was sunny outside an I expected it to charge the battery, but it wasn't. It showed that the battery temp was at -18°C which was definitely wrong. The temperature was around 24°C.

It was the second time that this happened. The first time I saw this -18°C in the IP22 status when it was about 30°C.

After some time the -18°C information disappeard and the MPPT was charging the battery again.

There is no temperature sensor installed on the BMV's shunt.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Andreas

[image]

andreasfi2 asked
klim8skeptic answered ·

1 Answer

Blue Smart IP22 12V 30A 3 Outputs

I'm hoping that someone knows, definitively, how this Blue Smart IP22 12V 30A 3 output charger (available as 1 and 3 output versions) handles the specific needs of each of the 3 outputs? Are they handled independently? For example each of the connected batteries are depleted to different extents, perhaps #1 only requires maintenance/float whereas #2 requires charging from a 30% state. I wouldn't be so concerned except that the VictronConnect app only shows single charging information (as though this was a single output instead of 3). It's a little difficult to envision a scenario when all 3 outputs should be handled as single..? Unfortunately Victron does NOT address this issue in ANY of their documentation. Also, is each output capable of 30A output (so for example the 3 outputs performs exactly the same as the 1 output version if only 1 output is being used)? Someone mentioned to me that they "thought" that the 3 output version was only capable of 10A per output channel, max, or perhaps 15A per output in the case where only 2 outputs were used.?

grayjp5 asked
dolphins answered ·

2 Answers

IP22 settings for constant fridge load while on long-term shore power

Hi,

I’ve recently installed two 100 aH Battleborn batteries and have a Victron IP22 for shore power. The only load while at home (and on shore power) is a refrigerator that cycles at 2.5 amps. I have enabled float at 13.5 and am hoping that the float will keep the batteries at 100% until I leave for a trip while supporting the fridge.

Will this complicate the tracking of battery-state with my BMV-712? And, will it have a negative effect on battery longevity?

I’d like to get the full ten-year life span of these batteries, but don’t want to remove the fridge each time I return home. I’ve been toying with the idea of installing a 120v spst relay that will switch the fridge over to a 15 amp 12 volt power supply while on shore power.

What does everyone think? Is it worth the trouble to install a shore power supply for the fridge? Or, am I worrying about nothing?

Knowledgable input is appreciated!

jeepcamper asked
jeepcamper commented ·

3 Answers

Lithium charge cycle into lead acid battery

I have two questions relating to charging a lead acid battery with a lithium charge profile. On the vessel there will be 1x lead acid starting battery and 1x lithium house battery. The alternator will be upgraded to a Balmar unit with its own external regulator, programmed to a lithium charge profile. There will also be a Victron blue smart charger for shore power charging, I will set this charger to the lithium profile too.

This means the lithium house battery will be getting an optimized lithium charge from the alternator as well as the shore power charger, but the lead acid will also be getting this same profile. Is this okay for the lead acid battery and what is the potential disadvantages to the lead acid?

Relating to the configuration mentioned above, with the alternator charging, I assume a splitting diode for the charge is the best option rather than a charge relay?

I want to keep the system as simple as possible with the least amount of components and avoid dc-dc chargers as I want to utilize the full amps the alternator can give.

robert-van-rooyen asked
Trevor Bird edited ·

2 Answers

Noisy and hot

I bought a blue smart ip22 charger 12/30 (3) charger and when i plugged it in it makes an awful and irritating loud buzzing noise, it also got up to 57 deg celcius and at this point i shut it down. There was no cooling fan operating and i want to know whats wrong with it?

phil6905 asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Simple van setup help

Hi

Need some help.

-Is this correct way to connect this setup?

-can i charge simultaneously with Orion tr smart and solar panels while driving?

- when parking can i charge simultaneously with those two 230v chargers and solar panels?

[image]

jiittilainen asked
vabrik answered ·

3 Answers

Followers

75 Posts
68 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

scubadoo
60 Points