ip65 Image

ip65

IP65 12/15

I am charging a 108ah lithium battery with the ip65 12/15 charger. It has now been on charge for 8 hours and still in absorption The absorption charge setting is 14.4v. It does not go to float. According to the smartshunt soc is 14.39v but it just stays there. No loads is connected. On the ip65 is shows a current of 0.2 amps. The only connections is this charger,the shunt and a victron mppt.

johanr asked
johanr commented ·

1 Answer

IP65 problem

I have an IP 65 Blue Smart Charger.

It was maintaining my yellow top Optima truck battery.

Needed the extension cord and hooked the charger back up.

Bluetooth on phone showed 7 amps and I forget the voltage.

Stayed like that for hours. Charger and bettery warm.

Like 12 hours later I couldn't connect by Bluetooth. Went out and two flashing lights. Battery and charger warm.

Unplugged and cleared app cache. Cannot connect to phone and two lights still flashing on charger.

What should I do?

Thank you for your help

Mark

txdoc asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

IP65 not charging

I have a 100ah lit-ion battery that tests 3.5v with nothing attached (seems deeply discharged) and when I hook up the IP65 it immediately goes into absorption mode. Testing the voltage with the IP65 attached shows 14.4v, but no current being sent according to the Connect app. I've let it sit charging that way overnight, but as soon as I take the charger off and test the voltage of the battery, I'm back down to 3.5v. Any ideas why I can't push any current to this, or why it won't charge? Thanks!

Jerry Mitchell asked

0 Answers

BSC IP65 12/10 charging problems

Hello,

I have a BSC IP65 12/10 installed in my camper van (VW Transporter) which is connected to the extra battery and a power socket. The last few years everything worked fine and the voltage, when connected to power supply, went up to 14.4 without a problem.

Since a few weeks the charger is going into Absorbtion mode and only goes up to 13.1 (even goes down when our fridge is turned on). When I disconnect the power a few times en reconnect it it suddenly works fine again. I always have to try several times to find a good connection.

The battery was tested and is in perfect condition. The CEE connector for the power supply to the BSC is also brand new so shouldn't be the problem.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

sander-vanderbeke asked

0 Answers

Is IP65 and MPPT 100/50 supposed to show different battery state when connected at the same time?

Since an update two months ago, from an MPPT 75/15 to 100/50, the IP65 and MPPT started to show different states for the battery while connected at the same time. Before that, it always showed the same state.

Can someone explain if this is correct, or if there is something faulty with the setup? (I haven't done the setup).

Sami Sin asked
Sami Sin commented ·

1 Answer

IP65 won't charge battery but MPPT 50/100 does

I would like to start with just giving some background on my situation (and that I have checked the other posts on why the BSC IP65 won't charge), and if my situation is the same (bad battery) and what the cause might be.

TLDR; I'm a novice and have not made this setup myself. IP65 stopped charging battery last week but my MPPT 100/50 does. I'm wondering if the company that made the installation has done something wrong which has caused damage to my battery and I now need a new one.

The full story (and sorry that it is long, but I really need help and doing my best to explain what's happened):

I bought a wagon home last year, and with it came one solar panel at 200W, connected to a Sunwind AGM 260Ah battery through a MPPT 75/15, plus an IP65 12V/25A charger, connected at the same time. Never had any issues, both displayed the same battery state, etc. When there was plenty of sun, the MPPT would charge the battery even though the IP65 was connected at the same, and so on. No complaints or issues.

Then during spring, as compensation for delays, and a lot of other issues with my new home, plus that the MPPT didn't provide enough amp to start an electrical devices they had connected to it, I got it upgraded to three 200W solar panels, same battery (AGM 260Ah), new MPPT 100/50, plus the same IP65 12V/25A charger and a SmartBMV 712. They also installed an 3000W inverter, so that I could use the solar power for my TV and some other 220V appliances.

First thing I noticed after the company had made the installation was that when both the MPPT and IP65 was connected was that it would show different status for the battery while charging. The MPPT would display FLOAT, while the IP65 would display ABSORPTION, and charge the battery, while almost no charge came from the MPPT, even though it was sunny outside.

I thought this is weird, but since I don't know much of this, and the company that made the installation said that's normal, I thought okay, I guess I have to trust them it's supposed to be that way. I even spoke to some representative at Victron in Finland who said that nothing can be done about that. Here are two screenshots I took from back then, after the update, during a sunny day:

[image]

[image]

I just thought it was weird that it had worked fine before, no issues getting a charge from the MPPT even though the IP65 was connected (plus both showed the same state), and now with the new MPPT and extra panels, I get almost no charge from the solar panels.

So I came up with a work-around, which was that I set the IP65 behind a timer, so that it would be turned off during day time, and get turned on for the nights. And I think it has worked really well, though I don't know if that might have caused some of my issues.

Then last week, the power was out one night so the IP65 wouldn't charge the battery, and it went down to around 11.21V during the night. Then next day, the MPPT started charging it again. I checked the IP65 during the afternoon, and now when I started it, it would do the TEST, BULK (for a few seconds) and then go straight to ABS, without charging the battery.

The MPPT though managed to charge the battery to full power next day, and keeps on doing it. On the meter though, the light BULK/ABS/FLOAT (respectively) does blink every 3 seconds, which according to the manual (I think) either in BULK mode means it can't charge (which it does), or in FLOAT mode means "Charger temperature too high" (not sure this is correct though, since it blinks every 3 seconds and the manual doesn't say if it should be constant blinking, or if it's the same as blinking once every 3 seconds).

For the MPPT the max charge current is 50A, which I understand shouldn't be too much for a 260Ah battery, i.e. 260/5=52, but if both the IP65 and MPPT would be connected at the same time, and provide charge, it could go over this value - unless there is some function built-in to prevent this (I saw something about this in one other post regarding combining the IP65 and an MPPT).

So summary: Right now the MPPT charges the battery, but the IP65 seems to indicate with that short BULK phase the battery has reached its end of life.

So what has gone wrong with this? The battery has been in use since about October last year, and for the first 6 months, before the new MPPT and the extra solar panels, it was not in use much, only for some LED lights, water pump, etc.

After the upgrade, with the inverter, it's been in use daily. I did read that the AGM battery I have is not made for constant use, so has all the use in past two months killed the battery? Or is there something else going on here? (I've been thinking of upgrading the battery to a better AGM with more Ah anyway, but I need to know if the company that made installation has done something wrong, so I can get compensation from them, or if this "somehow" is my own fault, because I've been using the battery daily, with the inverter, for my TV, etc. I'd like to add that during this two month period, there was also three weeks I was away traveling so the battery wasn't in use for anything else than my mini fridge, which uses about 150W. I.e. the battery has been in constant use for about 6-7 weeks.)

The company also advised me to set the MPPT Load output Operation mode to "Always on".

Here are some screenshots from the Victron app, how it looks currently:

[image]

[image]

[image]

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Sami Sin asked
Sami Sin commented ·

1 Answer

One of two Skyllas not charging

I have two Skyllas ip-65 connected to each other via VE Can (same firmware, same settings) and for some reason one of them charges, while the other one just sleeps. When I "wake up" the sleeping Skylla, it will briefly show up on Cerbo and then becomes unavailabe. There are no error codes, and the unit is receiving 110VAC.

Both are running firmware v. 1.10.

[image]

This is the sleeping one

[image]

This is the working one.

[image]

chrispendl asked
edwin-earthcruiser answered ·

1 Answer

ip65 app indicating actual Ah status of Ion Battery

BSC IP65 question. Does the app show the actual status AH of the battery? When fully charged or at beginning of the charge. I see that the Ah put in during the different charging cycles s reported. On the left side history page there are two markers; 41.1 Ah and a 20.6 Ah. Then in the cycles stack graph on the history page there are different measures of Ah noted in the bulk cycle and abs etc. So the question is at any time can I check the current total Ah in the battery?

skippytrent asked
Stefanie commented ·

2 Answers

I have a ip65 charger ,when charging I am not seeing it's output on my BMV-712 SMART MONITOR,WHY ,?PLEASE HELP

Have an ip65 ,when charging I am not seeing it's output on my BMI - 712 SMART MONITOR ,why ? Help please .

drakkar asked
drakkar commented ·

1 Answer

Blue Smart IP65 pairing not working on Android 11

I got a new mobile phone (Vivo Y72 5G running Android 11) and wanted to connect to my Blue Smart IP65. I installed the app (version 5.54). I enabled the location on my phone and allowed the app to use the loacation. My Blue Smart IP65 shows up correctly in the app. After tapping on the Blue Smart IP65 in the app to connect the pairing starts and requests the PIN for the Bluetooth pairing. Entering 000000 only leads to being asked for the PIN for the Bluetooth pairing again after a while. I did a reset of the PIN on the Blue Smart IP65 using the "Mode" button as described in the manual on page 14 but to no avail. I did a reset of the device using the PUK but to no avail. I deletd the the app, did a reboot of my mobile phone and installed the app again but to no avail. I *NEVER* did any pairing using the Bluetooth of my phone. I always used the app to connect to the Blue Smart IP65. I am starting to run out of ideas of what else I could do. Do you have any tips for me?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

cumrath asked
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) commented ·

3 Answers

IP65 accesories

Will the charger fit in the wall mount with the rubber "bumper" attached?

mystic asked
wkirby answered ·

1 Answer

Ip65 10a 3a just blinks on 3a charge

Brand new charger. I hooked everything up and it is working perfect. About have way through charge I changed it from 10 to 3amp thru the Bluetooth and the li-ion light just blinks. Does this mean my battery will not take that low of a charge? I always thought lower amp was better for batterys if you had time? New 100amp 12v battery

Ty

kentston asked
wkirby answered ·

2 Answers

Will the IP65 leak current out of the battery when connected to the battery but not connected to mains power?

I have a Blue Smart Charger IP65.

And an auxiliary gel battery in my 4WD running a fridge.

Looking to install the IP65 in my 4WD so it is wired permanently to my auxiliary Gel battery, so that when I am in caravan parks I can plug in mains power to top up the charge on the battery, which in turn powers the fridge.

Question - when not plugged into mains power will the IP65 allow current to leak backwards out of the battery so that it slowly drains the battery?

bill-outback asked
bill-outback commented ·

1 Answer

Input Watts for Blue Smart IP65

Can you tell me the watts used by the Blue Smart IP65 chargers in both normal and reduced modes?

Looking at the 7, 10 or 15A models.

radezeeuw asked
jeffw edited ·

2 Answers

IP65 and Battleborn BBGC3

I just bought 4 BBGC3 and a Quattro 48/10000 inverter/charger. Battleborn says to get each battery to 14.6V before connecting them in series as a 48V bank. The IP65 charger has an absorption setting of 14.2V. Can the IP65 be set and used to charge each battery to 14.6V before connecting them into a 48V bank?

cucotx asked
cucotx edited ·

2 Answers

46 Posts
41 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

Greg Vidulich
0 Points