ip65 Image

ip65

ip65 app indicating actual Ah status of Ion Battery

BSC IP65 question. Does the app show the actual status AH of the battery? When fully charged or at beginning of the charge. I see that the Ah put in during the different charging cycles s reported. On the left side history page there are two markers; 41.1 Ah and a 20.6 Ah. Then in the cycles stack graph on the history page there are different measures of Ah noted in the bulk cycle and abs etc. So the question is at any time can I check the current total Ah in the battery?

skippytrent asked
Stefanie commented ·

2 Answers

I have a ip65 charger ,when charging I am not seeing it's output on my BMV-712 SMART MONITOR,WHY ,?PLEASE HELP

Have an ip65 ,when charging I am not seeing it's output on my BMI - 712 SMART MONITOR ,why ? Help please .

drakkar asked
drakkar commented ·

1 Answer

Blue Smart IP65 pairing not working on Android 11

I got a new mobile phone (Vivo Y72 5G running Android 11) and wanted to connect to my Blue Smart IP65. I installed the app (version 5.54). I enabled the location on my phone and allowed the app to use the loacation. My Blue Smart IP65 shows up correctly in the app. After tapping on the Blue Smart IP65 in the app to connect the pairing starts and requests the PIN for the Bluetooth pairing. Entering 000000 only leads to being asked for the PIN for the Bluetooth pairing again after a while. I did a reset of the PIN on the Blue Smart IP65 using the "Mode" button as described in the manual on page 14 but to no avail. I did a reset of the device using the PUK but to no avail. I deletd the the app, did a reboot of my mobile phone and installed the app again but to no avail. I *NEVER* did any pairing using the Bluetooth of my phone. I always used the app to connect to the Blue Smart IP65. I am starting to run out of ideas of what else I could do. Do you have any tips for me?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

cumrath asked
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) commented ·

3 Answers

IP65 accesories

Will the charger fit in the wall mount with the rubber "bumper" attached?

mystic asked
wkirby answered ·

1 Answer

Ip65 10a 3a just blinks on 3a charge

Brand new charger. I hooked everything up and it is working perfect. About have way through charge I changed it from 10 to 3amp thru the Bluetooth and the li-ion light just blinks. Does this mean my battery will not take that low of a charge? I always thought lower amp was better for batterys if you had time? New 100amp 12v battery

Ty

kentston asked
wkirby answered ·

2 Answers

Will the IP65 leak current out of the battery when connected to the battery but not connected to mains power?

I have a Blue Smart Charger IP65.

And an auxiliary gel battery in my 4WD running a fridge.

Looking to install the IP65 in my 4WD so it is wired permanently to my auxiliary Gel battery, so that when I am in caravan parks I can plug in mains power to top up the charge on the battery, which in turn powers the fridge.

Question - when not plugged into mains power will the IP65 allow current to leak backwards out of the battery so that it slowly drains the battery?

bill-outback asked
bill-outback commented ·

1 Answer

Input Watts for Blue Smart IP65

Can you tell me the watts used by the Blue Smart IP65 chargers in both normal and reduced modes?

Looking at the 7, 10 or 15A models.

radezeeuw asked
jeffw edited ·

2 Answers

IP65 and Battleborn BBGC3

I just bought 4 BBGC3 and a Quattro 48/10000 inverter/charger. Battleborn says to get each battery to 14.6V before connecting them in series as a 48V bank. The IP65 charger has an absorption setting of 14.2V. Can the IP65 be set and used to charge each battery to 14.6V before connecting them into a 48V bank?

cucotx asked
cucotx edited ·

2 Answers

One of two Skyllas not charging

I have two Skyllas ip-65 connected to each other via VE Can (same firmware, same settings) and for some reason one of them charges, while the other one just sleeps. When I "wake up" the sleeping Skylla, it will briefly show up on Cerbo and then becomes unavailabe. There are no error codes, and the unit is receiving 110VAC.

Both are running firmware v. 1.10.

[image]

This is the sleeping one

[image]

This is the working one.

[image]

chrispendl asked
chrispendl edited ·

0 Answers

IP65 won't do anything in bluetooth app

I am fiddling around with my new IP65 blue Smart IP65. I launch the victron connect app and it shows up in the devices list as BSC IP65 12/5 HQ2032MNQWD unknown device (A33c). I click on it and nothing happens. All my other devices work. If I hit the vertical elipses, it asks to reset my PUK, which I do on the unit. Put in the 000000, says it is the wrong code. Really disapointed. Want to send it back.

rickydoo asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

3 Answers

Skylla-IP65 Parallel not connecting to Cerbo GX

I have a couple of Skylla IP65 1+1 chargers "24v/35a 1 output model" connected in parallel. I have them linked together via the VE.Can and a Cerbo GX. They were operating normally until I connected I put online a Quattro 5000. Now they say not connected... I have tried everything I can think of. If there is anything I may be missing please let me know.

togo678 asked

0 Answers

IP65 12/25 2021 inrush current and save fuse size?

Based on a ‘zeilersforum’ topic I found this question discussed: “Blue Smart IP22 charger trips automatic fuse” in this community.

Summary: a IP22 12/30 will trip a 6A and 10A fuse and not a 16A. So, you may need an inrush limiter as proposed by Victron.

In the same discussion Victron added that this phenomina has been discussed while preparing the IP65 design.

Old harbours may be fused at 6A or 10A rather than 16A. The shore fuse may not be accessable after it trips (a reset will do, if accessable).

1:-is the IP65 12/25A model year 2021 adapted in a way to limit the inrush current to 5A or such that a 6A fuse will not trip?

2:-to which save fuse size have the IP65 improvements result in: are 6A and 10A tested?

3:-if not, is Victron willing to test this (or these) charger(s) in order to document needed fuse level and inrush limiter recommendation?

4:-is there a Victron approved hardware interface or schematic with component list available for save use at 6A fuses (a 5A inrush limiter)?

5:-neither manuals are prescribing an “aansluitwaarde” (current supply level) and do not warn for low level harbour fuses. The charger will only take 1.5A average so this inrush is very unexpected. Will you update the manual or supply an addendum on the product tab of the website?

We have a seagoing trailer sailer located in the Netherlands and are planning sailing from remote locations next year, where neither 16A nor 24/7 harbour master may be obvious. The IP65 12/25 is the main charging source for the lfp battery.

Please add the question numbers as a reference to your answers. Thank you.

booty24 asked

0 Answers

Why my Skylla IP65 intermittently stops charging

I installed a new Skylla IP-65 charger (12V/70Amps/3 outputs) with the Skylla-i Control 2 weeks ago. It is setup with 2 lead-acid battery banks. DC power cables are #6 AWG. (1 output is left open) I'm also using the temperature sensor and the remote voltage sense on bank 1. It's been working very well since last night. After a 6 hour boat ride, we got into the marina, connected shore power and the Skylla stayed at 0.0 amp. Skylla-i control was showing bulk mode, with 0.0 amps and battery voltage of 11 volts. I measured 12.5 volts at the battery post and the skylla charger posts. Turned it on and off twice. Same result. Thinking that it might be the temp sensor or the Vsense circuitry problem, I disconnected those 4 wires and switched it on again. Same result. I shut it down again, reconnected all the temp/Vsense wires, turned it on and now it's working!!! The charger was not hot in any way and is not installed in the engine room. Since then, I cycled the AC power this morning to see if it would fail again and it did not. What am I looking at? Cold solder on the circuit board? software bug? known issue? Thanks for your help.

richard-maton asked
rlynch03 commented ·

0 Answers

IP65 charger and smart shunt

Hi,

I'm going to install an IP65 charger to my system because ad the moment I can't recharge the battery from Orion, we are in lockdown. The question is, do I need to connect the positive to the Victron lithium battery and the negative to the smart shunt or both to the battery? In which order or doesn't matter? Unfortunately, I can't drop the car at the auto electrician's and my 12v knowledge is about zero and I'm desperate.

armstead81 asked
wkirby answered ·

1 Answer

Charging a LiFePo4 with an old blue power IP 65

I have an old blue power IP 65 charger with 3 charging stages and no switches for changes.
I now have a new LiFePo4 battery and I am wondering if I can charge the LiFePo4 with my old blue power charger or if this charger was only designed for lead batteries.
I want to be sure before using it since the LiFePo was very expensive and I don´t want to ruin it.....

astrantia asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

40 Posts
36 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

Greg Vidulich
0 Points