question

sphereza avatar image
sphereza asked

Phoenix 12/800 mains to battery switching

Hi all,

I have the Phoenix 12/800 VE.Direct and smart charger 12/20 with the bluetooth dongle and ive noticed over the last 9 days that the batteries have cycled over 35 times. ( running off 2x 180ah gel batteries for my gaming pc )

Is there a way to configure the inverter to use mains first then battery when mains fail ?

chargerPhoenix InverterVE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@SphereZA

Correct me if i ma wrong here but the phoenix 12/800 ve direct model does not have a mains connection?

Can you share what else is in your system? How are you charging your batteries currently? How do you know the cycles - a smart shunt?

I have an ip65 car charger (charging from mains) on mine as well as solar.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sphereza avatar image
sphereza answered ·

@Alexandra I have the IP22 12/20 smart charger.

After a whole bunch of googling i found that i need to upgrade to the multiplus 12/800 if i want mains passthrough/UPS and the battery to kick in when mains fail or trip. :(

2 |3000

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Chargers.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic