question

piet-hein-van-asselen avatar image
piet-hein-van-asselen asked

Multiplus Ignore-AC Manual override?

Hello

So in my boat i have a 2 Victron smart lifepo4 connected to Smart BMS V2, Cerbo, Multi-II 12-3000 and MPPT. Al is controlled by DVCC and is working flawless.

While i would like to keep small cycles instead of the batteries keeping on "Float" when connected to shore, i turn on my inverter and switch to charging when it's needed. The MPPT does the smalll job but it is not enough to keep it topped up due to my loads, but it works fine for me.

While i wish to use AC-ignore function so my batteries are charged when on certain voltage and i dont have to keep track and switch charger on, i found a problem:

Whenever i want to go for a few days i would leave with full batteries. While the AC-ignore is on i can't manually charge in between, am i correct? What is a good solution for this? Is there a manual override for this instead of using VE-configure (that is a hassle) to disable the AC-ignore temporarily? Or is there a better function i overlook?

Thanks in advance!

Multiplus-IIchargerac ignore
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Piet Hein van Asselen

You're probably using Virtual Switch to Ignore ac. You could change that to Assistants and use a Multiplus Aux port to allow an external signal to be read and incorporated into the logic. The Aux driven by a basic local toggle switch, or for remote access by wiring across a Cerbo relay to it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Yes, this is a great solution for those of us who don't want to program node red. It allows GX changes so easy to modify.

And allows you to remote connect it to the grid through the GX.

An add on to this comment I use the GX relay configured as a generator start stop and it connects to grid based on parameters set there.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic