question

David Grimaldi avatar image
David Grimaldi asked

MultiPlus-II 2x 120V Charge Only State

My trailer is going in for a repair. The repair facility will not have access to the Cerbo to control the inverter. The Inverter will be set to "Charger Only". Solar will keep the batteries charged while outside. Once it goes inside of their facility they will plug the trailer into shore power. This will then keep batteries charged while inside. I was under the impression that there would be no 120 vac available in the "Charger Only" State when plugged into Shore Power. However I noticed that in "Charger Only" when plugged back into Shore Power all the A/C in the trailer is active. I believed there would be no A/C available if it was in the "Charger Only" state. Why is there 120vac available inside my trailer?

Is my system incorrectly configured or am I misunderstanding this Inverter State?

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxcharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

The definition of "charger only" is that the unit is only on when the unit is connected to shore power, and available shore power will be passed through in addition to being used to charge.

See the relevant section of the user manual here: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/MultiPlus-II_12V-24V_3kVA_2x120V/en/operation.html#UUID-7298f179-0308-9572-742a-71441895de98

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.