question

scottnelson avatar image
scottnelson asked

System Alarm Grid Lost

For a few days now we've been getting a system alarm that says "Grid Lost." I can highlight it on our CCGX screen, but it doesn't go away. (I.E. The warning triangle in the top of the screen keeps flashing no matter what I do.) It also does not register on the VRM site under Alarm Logs...

We have not lost grid power once in this time period.

I do however use the CCGX's relay and it's automatic Generator on/off rules to tell the Quattro when to pull power from the grid. (I do this so we can use the energy stored in our batteries first.) So while the Shorepower meter shows zero, we are still connected to the grid.

We also have a PV inverter connected to our Quattro's 230v output, which gave me a grid error once, but I've not seen that happen again. (Meaning it might have but then went away before I noticed it...)

Did something change in the firmware to cause us to get this alarm?

We were running 2.51 but it also happened when I updated it to 2.52.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Scott

firmware updategridsystem designsystem integrationwarnings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
harold avatar image
harold answered ยท

If I understand well, it is an alarm (Grid lost) at your CCGX, not at your VRM?

Harold

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

scottnelson avatar image
scottnelson answered ยท

Hi @Harold

Yes. Our tech guy helped me out. Under Settings => System Setup there is now a "Monitor for shore disconnect" function. This is what was giving us the alarms in the CCGX.

2 |3000

harold avatar image
harold answered ยท

Oh I see now, It is quite strange translated in the dutch version!

2 |3000

puitl avatar image
puitl answered ยท

Hi!
I have activated this Alarm in the Control-Panel and it comes very often (nearly every week) although i do NOT have a disconnect/lost of the grid!?
The AC-Input Frequency is also without dropouts constant at 50Hz.

I also have alarm-rules which gave me an individual Alarm if the Input-Voltage goes to low (or high), but this alarms do not come (only when there is a real grid lost).

But the System Alarm "Grid Lost" comes regulary and it is also going away in the same minute!?
So what is this alarm? Is it so sensitive? Does it come incorrect sometimes in an system which is always connected to the grid?

4 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท
Does the multiplus status change to "inverting"?

You can check this historically in VRM.

In which case it is grid rejection - something off with your supply.

0 Likes 0 ยท
puitl avatar image puitl nickdb โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท
Yes you are right, it everytime changes to "inverting"

Ok so there is in fact some problem with the grid and the Multiplus is cutting it of with the internal relays?

0 Likes 0 ยท
nickdb avatar image nickdb โ™ฆโ™ฆ puitl commented ยท
Correct.
0 Likes 0 ยท
locke987 avatar image locke987 nickdb โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

Hi, I have the same problem, the last 3 days I got a "Grid Lost" alarm and I also can see "inverting" in the vrm portal at the same time. But I assume I haven't got a full grid outage because I didn't regognize any other effect or outage, no lights flickering etc. Does somone know what are the treshholds for this alarm, e.g. voltage drop under a certain value, or frequency drop etc.

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic