solaredge Image

solaredge

SolarEdge SE3680H via SunSpec to GX Device

Hi all,

I've connected one SolarEdge SE3680H by means of ModbusTCP / SunSpec in summer 2021 to my OctoGX. I configured it by means of the Victron manual and everything went quickly fine as below.

[image]

The current issue started when I added a second SE3680H this year 2022 in February. The GX device (2.85~1) was not able to detect both inverters but data of first one was still shown.

Thus I checked the settings of the first inverter for comparison and was forced to perform a firmware update by means of "SetApp". After this firmware update now both SE3680H are not detected by the GX device and both are not shown via the GX device, although the first one was previously working well. (see screenshot above).

So, I suppose it has something to do with current SolarEdge firmware but maybe as well (or)with Victron GX firmware because in Summer 2021 I was running the current one at that time which was 2.7x I suppose.

So how to debug this issue? I was searching the web for a SunSpec browser and found the one from the SunSpec alliance but for downloading you need to be a member of the alliance :( and membership of $4000 is quite out of scope for me.

Therefore please suggest an easy debug method to verifiy if the SE inverters are providing data via ModBusTCP correctly. (eg without involving the GX device).

@mvader (Victron Energy) If you could find the time to take a look at this issue, I'd be very happy! Installation name is "FH22" and remote support tunnel is active. Feel free to scan for the SE inverters, they should be correctly configured. There local IPs are 10.0.0.5 and 10.0.0.18.

Best regards,

Matthias

matthias-roetzer asked
matthias-roetzer commented ·

3 Answers

Use Solaredge SMI 35 with RS450

Hi

I have an array with 8 modules connected to an Solaredge Safety Monitoring Interface 35 (SMI35)
I want to connect it now to my Victron with an RS450.I know optimizers are not good or not allowed with Victron, but hooked up via SMI35 possible? Does anyone know something about it?

ppr asked
beat answered ·

3 Answers

Replace grid-tied SolarEdge SE-10000a with Victron?

Hello- I would like to add some batteries to our solar install to get power to our existing "critical loads" breaker panel. We have 40 solar panels(12kw, 3 strings w/ SE power optimizers on each panel. Should Victron replace the SE10000a or plug into it? Thanks for your suggestions.

scott-muckleroy asked
scott-muckleroy edited ·

0 Answers

Solaredge SE27.6K on Multiplus-II AC-IN

Hello,
a short questions about the Solaredge SE27.6K Inverters with 3Pcs Multiplus-II (3-Phase System with about 10kWh Battery).
Is it also possible to use the Solaredge SE27.6K on the AC-IN Port of the Multiplus-II ?

like here, but connected to AC-IN:

[image]

The PV System with the Solaredge SE27.6K is already installed, the ESS with Multiplus-II, Cerbo-GX etc. have to be added.

Because of the 1.0 Rule, the Solaredge SE27.6K can not add on the AC-OUT of the Multiplus-II.

I know if the Public Grid is down, then the PV Generators also not work, but this would be no problem for me.

joergsc asked
andreas-ziegenfeldt commented ·

2 Answers

Terugleveren in de avond.

Beste leden,

Ik ben nieuw hier en zou graag hulp krijgen met het volgende. Ik ben bezig met de aanleg van een ESS systeem, welke bijna klaar is. Deze bestaat uit 3 stuks MultiPlus 8000 3 fase. 4 stuks smart solar mppt 250/100 aangesloten op 40x 400 Wp zonnepanelen, 16000Wp totaal. Aangesloten op 18 stuks Pylontech US 5000. Totaal 86kWh.

Verder heb ik 3 stuks SolarEdge omvormers met 84.000 Wp aan panelen op verschillende oriëntaties.

Nu wil ik een klein deel als peakshaving toepassen. Omdat ik nu met een 3x50A aansluiting werk en de Solaredge omvormers begrenst zijn. Als ik de omvormers op vol vermogen kan laten draaien, waarvan overdag een deel in de accu's wordt opgeslagen. En dit later in de middag terug te leveren. Alle overige energie welke met de MPPT's opgewekt worden dan in de avond zoveel mogelijk terugleveren. En natuurlijk het eigen verbruik wat in de winter zal toenemen daarvan afgetrokken.

Heeft iemand ervaring met zo'n situatie?

owagenaar asked
owagenaar answered ·

5 Answers

Preventing generator voltage meeting with solaredge volage

Hello all

I have 3 quattro 10KVA, connected in 3 phase, 2 MPPT 250/100, solaredge pv inverter. and diesel generator back up.

How can I prevent a generator voltage meeting with the output voltage from the solaredge , currently the generator enters automatically receiving a command from Venus according to the battary voltage level, even if someone started the generator manually I want to avoid a meeting at all.

Thanks,

muhamad asked
muhamad answered ·

2 Answers

Victron Multiplus 3000 + Solar Edge Single Phase Inverter Error: F-L1 Max

Config: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:gx_solaredge

Config Docs: https://www.solaredge.com/sites/default/files/se-inverter-support-of-voltage-sources.pdf

Victron Inverter: Multiplus 3000

Solar Edge Inverter: Single Phase HD Wave 2.2KW

Solar Edge Inverter Error 'F-L1 Max'

Hello all.

I am hoping to get to the bottom of a high frequency error which is triggering my Solar Edge inverter to disconnect. My Solar edge inverter has been configured in APS mode (AC-Coupling) using the above documentation.

When producing power my Victron inverter is charging successfully in "absorption" before my Solar Edge inverter disconnects. From viewing my Solar Edge SetApp "status" page app i can see the error and a frequency level of 53hz.

I believe the frequency bandwidth config for my SolarEdge inverter and VE.Bus Config is the reason for this disconnect.

When contacting the Solar Edge support they said:

The error shown on the inverter display indicates a Voltage Value too high from the AC.
When the PV is generating more energy than the consumption, it starts exporting energy to the grid. What happens is that if the grid cable is not big enough, this energy flowing to the grid let the AC Voltage raise.

There is also the below note on the above docs which i am no sure is still relevant. My Solar Edge inverter firmware is 4.16.19

Note: In addition to the settings above it is important to contact SolarEdge Support to change a parameter in the backend to allow the frequency shifting with APS mode.

Can anyone help me figure out a solution to this issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jason

tokiored asked
tokiored answered ·

2 Answers

Need some help defining "Frequencies" in ESS for SolarEdge PV inverter

I could use some help defining the disconnect frequencies in ESS for my PV inverter shown here; any help is appreciated!:

[image]

I live in the US, my inverter is 60Hz first off, these are default values I have not modified yet. My Inverter is a SolarEdge HD10000-H US. Active Power control via frequency is defined here in the manual, and can be set by the user:

[image]

It would seem that "P0 in my inverter relates to "The solar converter will start reducing its output power at XX Hz", I am guessing that P1 would be the next setting "Output power will be reduced to minimum when frequency is at XX Hz".. I am not sure what to enter for the final disconnect value though. The full manual on Power Control can be found here, https://www.solaredge.com/sites/default/files/application_note_power_control_configuration.pdf

Can anyone provide any recommendation as to how I should configure this in ESS and which values should be selected for P0 and P1 in my inverter?

ee21 asked
xury answered ·

3 Answers

AC Coupling with Solaredge, requirements for pure off grid

Hello,

currently I am setting up an off grid PV-system and try to integrate AC coupling with Solaredge SE6000H and Quattro 48/8000. (Battery is BYD premium LVL)

I followed the instructions in Victron documentation: Integrating with Solaredge

The only difference is: There is no public grid available and zero feedback is not required. Therefore no Solaredge Energy Meter is installed.

My question: is the use of the Energy Meter mandatory for the correct working of frequency based power reduction by the SE inverter?

Which country settings (on the SE inverter) did you use in your test environment?

I ask, because my test run failed.

First I used "Spain" as country setting and noticed, that in the SetApp Power Control-->Active Power the P(f) menu was missing. I reconfigured country settings this time to Czech Republic 16A and was curious to see that P(f) was back again.

(Although I doubt, that this setting is at all relevant for my setup as I will not be working in that specific country mode, but in APS (Alternative Power Source) mode.

But to follow the documentation I set P(f) in both menus: In Power Control-->Active Power-->P(f) and Power Control → Alternative Power Source → P(f) and ranging P0 100%@ 50.2Hz and P1 0%@ 51.2Hz.

On Victron side I use the assistant PV-Inverter and with the same tresholds and disconect @ 51.5 Hz.

However the test run failed. (And yes, SE status said I was in APS mode). No power reduction on SE-side happened. Victron modulated the frequency up to 51.5Hz and luckily and thanks to the relay assistant and SE on AC-Out 2 it got thrown off when BatV got too high.

Thanks for any inspiration!!

Oliver asked
nimrod edited ·

10 Answers

Victron coupled to Solaredge WR - Shutodown caused by frequency coupling

Hello,

I have 6 Multiplus II 3000 connected to a Solaredge SE17K with frequency coupling.

Today we had several power grid outages and Victron went to Standalone Mode. After some minutes the Solaredge WR shut down and stopped producing.

One hour later (grid was back online since more than 40 minutes) the Solaredge went back online also. In the error log I found:

- AC-Frequenz zu hoch (Linie 1)

- AC-Frequenz zu hoch (Linie 2)

- AC-Frequenz zu hoch (Linie 3)

So it seems that there is an issue with frequency coupling. I am using the proposed setup from the victron handbook:

1. The solar converter will start reducing its output power at 50.2Hz
  2. Output power will be reduced to a minimum when the frequency is 51.2Hz
  3. The converter will disconnect when the frequency is higher than 51.5Hz

Is this maybe not the best possible setup ?

Can I make this setup more failure resistent with other figures ?

Any suggestions ?

BR

Gawan

gawan asked
dirk-s edited ·

4 Answers

Victron quattro as grid tied.

Good day. I've been asked to look at a design. The company has 3 x 10kva quattros 3phase and 2 x solaredge on the input side. With 2 x 80KW Freedom Won batteries. They do not have an output connected at all. Only input. According to the engineer whe can feed dc back to the grid although nothing is connected on output. How will this be possible?

Gerrie Rossouw asked
shaneyake answered ·

1 Answer

Victron ESS with Solaredge S16K on AC-Out?! Questions

Hello,

i am planning an ESS System in Europe/Austria. With 3xMultiplus II 5000 and Solaredge SE16K and Victron MPPT RS450/200. in general it should look like this:

[image]

I read through the Victron/Solaredge instructions, but still have some open questions:

1. Victron 1:1 Rule:

Sadly, there is no SE15K model available anymore. So the SE16K would be basically too big for installing it on AC-Out. But i think it should be somehow possible, to limit its output generally to 15kW. Then i think 1:1 rule is acceptable solved

2. Dry Contact:

If i understand it correctly, it would be sufficient to wire the first Multi K1 relay to the SE16K. If grid is lost, this relay will tell the SE16K to change to APS mode, correct?!

3. Victron grid meter and/or Solaredge smart meter needed?

I don´t understand, if a victron EM24 or some solaredge smart meter would be required or not?!

I do not have any loads or PV-inverters on AC-In. So basically the multis would not need any grid meter, correct?!

But does the SE16K need a Solar Edge smart meter? And if so, why? And which model?

4. zero feed in:

It might be possible, that the authority forces me to enable zero feed in, by an external NC contact. Would this be supported by Victron Multis?

input closed -> feed in allowed

input open -> zero feed in required

Will this work with EM24 or Solar Edge Smart meter?

thanks to everybody willing to help!

pedaaa asked
pedaaa answered ·

4 Answers

Frequent disconnection of solaredge inverter with GX device

i have a multiplus 2 setup with solaredge pv inverter. The venus gx does read out the solaredge pv data via modbus TCP. I use fixed ip adresses, and the gx and the solaredge inverter are on the same switch. It works sometimes great, but often it looses the connection. I tried different things to get back the solaredge data on the venus gx, which sometimes help like: restart the gx, cut off the grid from the solaredge inverter, delete manuale the ip adress at the gx and add it again. Sometimes it works for a week and suddendly the data is again missing. Sometimes i get the pv data only for some hours or minutes. The settings on the solaredge should be right (ID etc.). I have a second install where it doesnt loose the pv inverter, only a very few times.

thank you for your help!

gnagflow asked
werner-1 commented ·

7 Answers

1-phase backup on 3-phase Solaredge?

Hello!
Is there some other way than buying 3x Multiplus II for my Solaredge 3-phase inverter, to have backup (ups and working pv) for off-grid scenario? Can it be done somehow to have only 1-phase backup?

marek-ogonowski asked
shaneyake answered ·

1 Answer

SolarEdge inverter dissapears from GX display within 48hrs of reboot

Hi All

I have an off grid system comprising a Victron EasySolar 48/5000 (with CCGX), 5kW DC coupled PV and a SolarEdge SE5000 connected to the AC out with another 5kW AC coupled PV. The battery bank comprises 8 x Pylontech US3000.

Functionally, all is working well, however I am having trouble with the monitoring of the SE generation in that the inverter keeps on disappearing from the CCGX display at a seemingly random interval of up to about 48hrs from initial connection. The only thing that will restore it is to reboot the CCGX manually.

I have read the post: Frequent disconnection of solaredge inverter with GX device which describes a similar problem that was eventually fixed in a Venus OS firmware update and doesn't really help me.

It is also worth noting that the CCGX has internet connection via WiFi using a Netgear AC1200 WiFi USB adapter (supported Victron long range WiFi adapter) whilst the SolarEdge Modbus TCP/Sunspec communication is via the ethernet port using a fixed IP with the Gateway unset as described in this post: Can Color GX use Wifi for remote VRM comms and wired LAN for direct comms to SolarEdge HD Wave

All equipment has latest firmware installed.

I suspect the problem may be in my network settings somewhere as this is where my knowledge is lacking. I have followed the document: Integrating with Solaredge as best possible but I feel that it lacks detail in regards to the network settings.

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated!

abay asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

Followers

34 Posts
30 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

jaaksza
0 Points