parallel Image

parallel

This topic has been merged into battery charging . Please use battery charging when editing or creating new content.

No AC loads yet Quattro reports a 244W AC draw while charging?? Pic attached.

I am currently commissioning a Quattro 48/5000/70 single phase unit and a 280ah home made battery before moving everything to a cabin in the woods.

The only thing hooked into the L1 out are three recepticals with NO load and a lightning arrestor (which was removed for testing purposes).

The draw only appears while charging battery with temporary AC power I have wired in from my main service panel.

I dropped the charge rate from 21A to 15A and the AC load dropped to around 86W, kind of proportional. Is this what is consumed by the conversion of AC to DC?

Any thoughts on this?

[image]

northtown2022 asked
snoobler answered ·

2 Answers

Do I need to change battery type and if so, how ?

I just bought a MultiPlus 2400W and charger 120A, 12/3000/120-16 × 1

I read the installation manual, looks like the default battery type is AGM.

I'm running on 2x400Ah lithium batteries.

Do I need to change the battery type on the Multiplus, and if so, how ? Does not seem to be available on DIP switches, I don't have any dongle to connect yet.

hugues asked
Sarah edited ·

3 Answers

Has anyone found how to disable "Repeated absorption" with Blue Smart IP22 12 | 30 chargers with Lithium batteries?

I have Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries. They do not require repeated absorption. In fact, unnecessary absorption it is detrimental to all LiFePO4 batteries. Reabsorption is a lead-acid battery requirement to prevent sulfation.

I tried setting repeated absorption to "0" days, and the setting reverted to "1" day. Then I tried "999" days and found the setting reverts to "45" days. Victron forces 45 days as the maximum setting. I could set the absorption voltage to some low value, but then I would have to reconfigure the charger every time I actually wanted to charge to a higher SOC.

Repeated absorption should be set to "disabled" in the "Li-ion" factory profile (caveat: that factory profile is set at 7 days!). This looks to me to be a software oversight.

Suggestion to other users: to prevent these chargers from cooking your lithium batteries, set the tail current (disabled in the profile) to 7.5 amps (the maximum) so the charger at least diminishes the overcharging damage by terminating charging quickly (provided there are no parasite loads) of an already-fully-charged battery.

cpt-pat asked
cpt-pat answered ·

4 Answers

SmartSolar MPPT - 100/20 - Unreliable load output shutoff voltage!! Serious issue!!

Hi,

I have been running tests for the last couple weeks now with my 300W of panels, 24v battery bank and SmartSolar MPPT 100:20 charge controller.

After some initial problems setting it up, the load output "user def algorithm" seemed to be working...for 1 day.

2 days later its not working. I had the disconnect threshold set to a generous 24.2v and went out of the house for a few hours and came back and the battery voltage was 23.97v.

This is a serious issue as many people would be using the load output on/off threshold to protect the battery from deep discharge. Its a significant feature of the product.

Therefore it is very concerning that the threshold does not work and I have no faith that the controller would disconnect properly so I am manually disconnecting the load.

Im considering buying a separate battery protect module or even returning the MPPT charge controller as it seems to have a serious issue with the firmware which could destroy your battery unless monitored very closely and manually disconnected.

Please can someone (particularly VE support) help me here??

See screenshots below for setup.

In addition - Jumpers are removed, the RX and TX pins are set the correct settings.

[image]

[image]

[image]

vonny232 asked

0 Answers

Blue Smart IP65 15A Bulk to Absorption

Hi Everyone, I have the Blue Smart IP65 15A Charger connected up to my 200Ah Lithium Batteries. I am using the standard Li-Ion profile. I have checked that the charger is outputting 14.2V when I disconnect it from the battery but when connected, the charging/battery volts are showing only 13.6V and I'm pretty sure the battery is nearly full as per the Smart Shunt. It has been on 15A Bulk charge for nearly 4 hours today so far (60Amps input and was showing 88% SOC before that) and is still going along in Bulk at only 13.63V now. The absorption setting is 14.2V so I can't see it ever getting to the switch over point. Is this simply normal behaviour and it seems the batteries were a lot more discharged than I thought or is it possible that the charger is not outputting enough power to actually charge the batteries?

Thank you.

miller-giad asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

Cerbo/Venus GX - Set maximum charge level, e.g. 90 % SOC

Hello together,

my config is:
- 3x Multiplus 5000
- 3x MPPT 250/100
- Cerbo GX
- BYD LVL 15.4
- 45 x Sunrise Energy SR-M660340HL -> 15,3 kWp

- In plan: Fronius Symo on AC-Out

Here is my question:
I would like to limit the maximum charge level. For example, to 90% SOC. I can not find this setting in cerbo gx. Is it possible that this setting does not exist at all? Why? Many other manufacturers have this option. I think this would be a good option to save the battery in the summer. Since peaks occur here from time to time. And the battery is loaded beyond its limit. Especially if you plan to add another inverter. Even if this adheres to the 1.0 rule. Here it would be better if the battery still had reserves. And from time to time, the battery could charge to 100% to balance the cells.

Are there any efforts on the part of Victron Energy here?

Thanks for help.

greetings from germany
from an enthusiastic Victron user
Schaka

schaka asked
nickdb commented ·

3 Answers

Phoenix Inverter Smart 24/2000 low battery voltage alarm

My app shows battery status "closed", while the inverter status is "inverting", obviously, I have no power. The inverter restarted several times, but the battery status remains "closed" and cannot be modified in the app. I am very new to this, so I have checked all documentation that I was able to find, but I have found no information/troubleshooting for "closed" battery status. Checked the Demo product in the app as well, that shows battery status "open", how it is supposed to be.

henriette asked

0 Answers

Multiplus 2 as second storage system with zero control possible?

Hello all,

I have a technical question for you.

I already have a PV system with SolarEdge SE8K (the new one without display) inverter and a Senec V2.1 storage with 7.5kw battery.

Please do not tell me if this makes financial sense or not, I know it does not make sense :-)

But you can suggest me a cheaper / better solution.

Current state

The Senec storage has already a zero control at my house power connection (ergo I have a consumption and too little PV pushes the Senec battery power after / If I have PV surplus and the battery is not yet full the Senec is charged / etc.)

- I would like to install an additional independent second battery in my house.

- Planned here would be a Victron Multiplus II 48V 3000 watts

- The Multiplus together with a new to be purchased EM24 should also create a zero power regulation

- If that runs cleanly, cancel the parallel operation in 6-12 month and sell the Senec storage

The goal is

- when my Senec battery is full and the zero regulation from the Multiplus / EM24 detects a feed that my MultiPlus charges the battery pack on the Multiplus

- if my Senec delivers power to the house grid (e.g. at night or at noon while cooking) and it does not manage to cover the power demand or is empty, that my MultiPlus II / EM24 detects a grid draw, the Multiplus also delivers power to the house.

Question

- Would this be possible with a MultiPlus 2 and EM24?

- Can I set the MultiPlus 2 so that it does not start at 20 watts at the house connection and regulates to zero but at a higher threshold value, say only from 100 watts reference / feed? The background is that the two zero controls of the Senec and MultiPlus should not work against each other.

Why the whole thing?

I am extremely dissatisfied with my Senec and want to build a parallel battery, observe this over max. 1 year and then throw out the Senec. And because I have maximum flexibility with a MultiPlus (expand battery / etc.).

Many greetings,

Willi

PS: hope you understand my terrible englisch, normaly i speak germany

willi9974 asked
oxident answered ·

4 Answers

Batterie wird nicht mehr entladen, PV Leistung geht nicht über 5 - 20 W.

VRM-ID 48e7da89f113, falls jemand hier mal nachschauen könnte.

Ich habe endlich auf Victron Multiplus II 48 V 3000 nach gerüstet, dann Pylontech 2000, Cerro Gx und 4 x Canadian Solar 370 W. Nach einrichten hat alles einige Tage funktioniert.

Gestern wurde dann die ca. halb volle Batterie plötzlich aus dem Netz auf 100 % geladen und jetzt wird ESS #5 angezeigt. Seitdem wird trotz voller Sonneneinstrahlung nur noch 5 - 20 Watt aus der PV genutzt und es wird abwechselnd mal 15 - 20 Watt geladen oder entladen, der Multiplus zeigt Idle. Ich habe das System mehrfach zurückgesetzt, mit und ohne Batterie Life, SOC usw. Ich finde keine Änderung und weiß mittlerweile keine Lösung mehr. Hat jemand eine Idee.

Alle Geräte werden als verbunden, extern gesteuert und vernünftig angezeigt ????

Ulrich Graefe asked
netrange edited ·

5 Answers

Multiplus 12/3000/120 Shuts Down Suddenly in Mid-Charge - Lead Acid Batteries, Not Lithium

I am having an issue with a two year old Multiplus 12/3000/120. With mains on, and switch set to 'Charge Only' the unit will charge the batteries at a bulk rate. When it is getting close to the point of where it should roll over to Apsorption, the unit shuts down. More detail below:

1. After a day of troubleshooting the charging system, the inverter shut down. There were no lights, no fan, and the batteries were not charging. The CCGX was giving a 'Grid Lost' alarm. When I checked the inverter, 120vac was present at the input, and 12.5VDC at the battery terminals. Cycling the switch caused no change.
  2. On returning to the vessel the next day, the 'Mains On' light on the inverter was lit, but the unit still would not charge batteries. I removed all AC and DC power from the inverter and allowed it to sit, hoping it would reset.
  3. I returned four hours later and reapplied power; still no charge, no lights. I connected with VictronConnect and flashed the software to the latest version (v497), and reloaded the parameters. On applying AC power, the inverter lit up and started to charge the batteries (bulk charge) at about a 50A rate. Voltage indicated while charging was 13.9V at the time.
  4. The owner contacted me next morning, sending photos and video of the Multiplus and CCGX. The Multiplus is again in an off state, not charging the batteries. "Mains" LED is on, but no fan and no charge voltage. CCGX is again indicating "Grid Lost". I noticed on the CCGX alarm panel that the same error alarmed earlier that same morning.

Is the issue with the Multiplus, or could there be something else going on. I did also notice from the photos, that the Battery voltage with the charger offline is sitting at about 12.6VDC, which according to US battery is close to full charge.

FYI, the original CCGX failed on this vessel early this year with a "Hardware problem detected #42 - storage is corrupt on this device" error. The unit was replaced per Victron's recommendation. The new CCGX has been in place for about a month now. It looks to me like it is functioning OK, other than possibly needing a software update.

reliablemarine asked
kevgermany commented ·

2 Answers

SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 VE.Can - No current flow in Bulk with PV at VOC

I have a SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 VE.Can connected to 6 320W Renogy solar panels wired in 2 parallel series of 3 panels on an RV. I have 15A fuses on each string and a 25A circuit breaker in between the fuses and the MPPT charger. The new system has worked fine for weeks, until one morning after a day of the charger being in float mode for most of the day, both 15A fuses were blown, but the 25A breaker was not tripped. I also noticed that the charger said that the PV Array voltage was within a volt of the battery bank when the array was actually at 0V and/or completely disconnected.

[image]

After replacing the fuses, the charger seemed to work for the rest of the day. By the next day, one of the 15A fuses was blown. Part way through the following day, the charger stopped charging altogether even though no fuses were blown or circuit breakers tripped.

[image]

Now, when the charger is in bulk mode during the day, it reports the battery voltage and PV array voltage but no (<5W) of actual charging, At night, it still reports a PV array voltage of approximately the battery bank voltage.

[image]

warren-b asked
messy answered ·

5 Answers

ajout ESS sur installation avec Ohmpilot et zéro injection

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai une installation de 6kWc qui fonctionne en "Zéro Injection", monophasé. Elle est en réseau "MODBUS RTU" . Elle comporte uniquement des appareils de marque Fronius :

¤ Un GALVO 3.0-1 ( onduleur esclave )

¤ Un PRIMO 3.6-1 ( onduleur maître )

¤ Un Fronius Ohmpilot qui utilise une partie du surplus pour le chauffe-eau

¤ Un compteur intelligent Fronius "63A - 1" en tête du tableau électrique

Il me reste une bonne quantité d’énergie que je voudrais stocker et utiliser en dehors de l'ensoleillement.

Je voudrais y ajouter :

¤ "Multiplus 2" de 3000 VA

¤ 2 batteries 48V de 2.5 kW

Il faudra sûrement ajouter un compteur / ou capteur de courant Victron ?

Comment brancher ces appareils pour rester en "Zéro injection" et pour que les batteries ne servent pas à chauffer l'eau.

Dans l'ordre, les priorités que je voudrais avoir:

1/ Consommation directe

2/ Chauffe eau

3/ Charge des batteries

4/ Hors soleil, utiliser l’énergie des batteries

Je remercie tous ceux qui peuvent m'aider sur ce sujet. Et si possible les utilisateurs de ce type de fonctionnement.

Très cordialement.

pinpin asked
merlin38 answered ·

6 Answers

SmartSolar MPPT 100/20 battery settings for Victron Lead carbon 106Ah batteries

Hi,

I have ordered 4x106Ah Victron Lead carbon batteries that I will connect in parallel to a SmartSolar MPPT 100/20.

2x100W solar panels will be connected to the regulator.

A Victron Smart battery sense will also be connected.

What I have been able to read off the data sheet for the battery I should set:

Absorption V to 14.1V

Float V to 13.5V

But I cannot find any information regarding

1. Re-bulk v offset
  2. Eq voltage
  3. Eq current %
  4. Tail current
  5. Temperature comp

Regards

Erik

erik-j asked
erik-j answered ·

2 Answers

Bidirektionales (V2H) laden mit Multiplus 2

Hallo zusammen,

ist es möglich ein Auto was auch Strom abgibt, zum Beispiel ein MG Marvel R, an den MP2-5000 anzuschließen?

So das der Strom vom Auto ins Hausnetz einspeist wird und die Batteriespeicher vom Haus läd?

Geht das über den AC Out 2?? So weit ich weiß, sind die Anschlüsse des MP2 bidirektionale.

Wenn das gehen sollte. Wie kann ich dieses Vorhaben umsetzen??

Gruß Martin

martinka asked
realfire commented ·

6 Answers

Charging by means of sinewave inverter connected to Quattro AC-IN-1 (generator)

We have a vehicle (van) with a 12 V system and 4 kVA Quattro. We wish to supplement the 48 V (Pylontech) battery charge, when driving the vehicle, by charging the battery from the vehicle 12 V supply.

We have tried two different 1 kW 12 V to 230 V sine wave static inverters connected to AC-IN-1 (the generator supply to the Quattro). Despite adjusting the Quattro input current limit to minimum (4 A), shortly after the inverter supply to the Quattro is enabled the 1 kW inverter is destroyed. The output H-bridge at the output of the 1 kW inverter becomes damaged shorting the high-voltage supply in the inverter.

We believe that the Quattro inverter is essentially back-driving the inverter mains output (once the relay clicks in) and the phase alignment is lost as soon as the Quattro draws current from AC-IN-1 and loads up the 1 kW inverter.

Has anyone out there had any good experiences with charging from an inverter connected to the AC-IN-1 connection to the Quattro?

A potentially safer charging option may be utilising a battery-to-battery charger to charge the 48 V battery more directly using 48 Vdc. Unfortunately, Victron does not produce a 12 V-to-48 V B2B charger so we are considering Sterling Power unit. The Sterling B2B does not have a communications bus and is unable to communicate with the CCGX or Quattro. Therefore, we will effectively be charging blindly.

Would this possibly cause a charging conflict or race conditions with the Quattro when the B2B charger is on if the BMS is unaware that there is another charge source connected?

There’s also a mention of having to set the float voltage of secondary chargers slightly higher than the primary master charger in order to provide a clear cut off and resolve charging conflicts between the Quattro and the B2B charger. It is unclear if the B2B has a means of adjustment.

Barry Clark asked
Alexandra commented ·

0 Answers

Followers

1773 Posts
188 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts

ascherg
0 Points
Sabrina
0 Points