parallel Image

parallel

This topic has been merged into battery charging . Please use battery charging when editing or creating new content.

What 3P inverter

Hi,

I own 24 (310wp) solar panels split over 3 phases on Enphase. So... no DC. Grid tied 230V AC only.

Now i would like to attach a 10-15 kw LiFoPo4 Home battery.

Could i use one inverter to combine the 3 phases to charge one battery? Or do i have to buy 3 inverters (one for each phase) and 3 batterys?

I would like to run my home appliances by solar power.

The "house" has 2 heavy loads. One 3P (6kw max) heatpump and an EV charger. (22kw reduced to 8kw so i can mostly charge within the solar curve.)

Could someone please tell me what inverter would be suitable?

I just would like to figure out the costs.

If i need to triple everything....

:'-(

Very expensive!

Ben

macmaniac78 asked
Mike Dorsett answered ·

1 Answer

Has anyone found how to disable "Repeated absorption" with Blue Smart IP22 12 | 30 chargers with Lithium batteries?

I have Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries. They do not require repeated absorption. In fact, unnecessary absorption it is detrimental to all LiFePO4 batteries. Reabsorption is a lead-acid battery requirement to prevent sulfation.

I tried setting repeated absorption to "0" days, and the setting reverted to "1" day. Then I tried "999" days and found the setting reverts to "45" days. Victron forces 45 days as the maximum setting. I could set the absorption voltage to some low value, but then I would have to reconfigure the charger every time I actually wanted to charge to a higher SOC.

Repeated absorption should be set to "disabled" in the "Li-ion" factory profile (caveat: that factory profile is set at 7 days!). This looks to me to be a software oversight.

Suggestion to other users: to prevent these chargers from cooking your lithium batteries, set the tail current (disabled in the profile) to 7.5 amps (the maximum) so the charger at least diminishes the overcharging damage by terminating charging quickly (provided there are no parasite loads) of an already-fully-charged battery.

cpt-pat asked
cpt-pat edited ·

8 Answers

SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 VE.Can - No current flow in Bulk with PV at VOC

I have a SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 VE.Can connected to 6 320W Renogy solar panels wired in 2 parallel series of 3 panels on an RV. I have 15A fuses on each string and a 25A circuit breaker in between the fuses and the MPPT charger. The new system has worked fine for weeks, until one morning after a day of the charger being in float mode for most of the day, both 15A fuses were blown, but the 25A breaker was not tripped. I also noticed that the charger said that the PV Array voltage was within a volt of the battery bank when the array was actually at 0V and/or completely disconnected.

[image]

After replacing the fuses, the charger seemed to work for the rest of the day. By the next day, one of the 15A fuses was blown. Part way through the following day, the charger stopped charging altogether even though no fuses were blown or circuit breakers tripped.

[image]

Now, when the charger is in bulk mode during the day, it reports the battery voltage and PV array voltage but no (<5W) of actual charging, At night, it still reports a PV array voltage of approximately the battery bank voltage.

[image]

warren-b asked
frankych answered ·

6 Answers

Split phase victron quarrto 3000/48 not charging from AC

Hello, I hope someone out there can help.

the system in question is installed on a bus with Solar but currently located in a very shaded area, from time to time we need to charge from grid.

the system has a Cerbo GX.

also in setup we disabled "Switch as Group". As suggested in other posts. As we are triying to charge from a single 120V ac input (AC Input 1)

Additionally it is in VS it is setup to start charging from ac when battery voltage drops below a 56 volts.(condition was met).

when connecting to grid, it shows volts and hertz but doesn’t start charging.

Other info:

There’s a CAN bus BMS connected and it controls solar charging perfectly.

I’ll be glad to provide any other data.

Thanks!

chenirl asked
Alexandra commented ·

0 Answers

Charge Lithium via DC/DC/12/12/18 from AGM charger

Hello,

I have a boat with an AGM start battery and a Lithium house battery. When the engine is running, a 35 amp alternator charges the AGM, which then charges the Lithium via the DC/DC/12/12/18 charger.

I am considering to buy the Blue Smart Battery Charger 25 amp to charge the AGM while on shore power. With the DC/DC/12/12/18 already connected, will the Lithium bank be charged automatically when the Smart Battery Charger is charging the AGM? Will this setup work well? Any detrimental effects on the AGM by being a "pass-through"? I see in the manual it says that

"A load can be applied to the battery while charging, as long as the current draw is much lower than the rated output of the battery charger. Reconditioning is not possible when a load is connected to the battery."

Thank you for your help.

mikeboatboy asked
mikeboatboy answered ·

2 Answers

Absorption voltage LiFePo4

Hi everyone

I read that the max voltage for a 3S LiFePo4 battery is defined at 12.60 volts. (Absolute maximum is set to 4.20 volts per cell)

So I wonder, why is the default absorption voltage in the SmartSolar MPPT 75/10 Charger for a 12.0 V battery, while choosing the Smart Lithium battery preset, set o 14.20 volts?

Even the float voltage is set at 13.50 volts which is also higher than the recommended max voltage of 12.60 volts.

Will these settings not damage the LiFePo4 battery?

Thank you,

Martin

martin-haemmerli asked
Stefanie commented ·

4 Answers

Vision battery making noises

Hi, my Vision 6fm100d-x battery is making noises, faint clicking, bubbling noises when in float mode. The battery is new. It's an AGM sealed battery. Is this normal? I have set the battery settings on the MPPT to the manufacturer's recommendations (below) Thanks

[image]

danjorourke asked
JohnC commented ·

3 Answers

Batterie wird nicht mehr entladen, PV Leistung geht nicht über 5 - 20 W.

VRM-ID 48e7da89f113, falls jemand hier mal nachschauen könnte.

Ich habe endlich auf Victron Multiplus II 48 V 3000 nach gerüstet, dann Pylontech 2000, Cerro Gx und 4 x Canadian Solar 370 W. Nach einrichten hat alles einige Tage funktioniert.

Gestern wurde dann die ca. halb volle Batterie plötzlich aus dem Netz auf 100 % geladen und jetzt wird ESS #5 angezeigt. Seitdem wird trotz voller Sonneneinstrahlung nur noch 5 - 20 Watt aus der PV genutzt und es wird abwechselnd mal 15 - 20 Watt geladen oder entladen, der Multiplus zeigt Idle. Ich habe das System mehrfach zurückgesetzt, mit und ohne Batterie Life, SOC usw. Ich finde keine Änderung und weiß mittlerweile keine Lösung mehr. Hat jemand eine Idee.

Alle Geräte werden als verbunden, extern gesteuert und vernünftig angezeigt ????

Ulrich Graefe asked
Ulrich Graefe commented ·

5 Answers

Pylontech UP5000 not charging to 100%

Good afternoon all,

This is the first time I am using the pylontech UP5000 batteries and I cant get them to charge above 86%, or more specifically 51.53V. The system is a Cerbo, a Quattro, and the pylontech batteries.

[image]

[image]

This is not my first time setting up a Victron with the Pylontech batteries, and I thought it was pretty straightforward up until now.

I have been through https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

and all of my settings are exactly as they state here, with the exception of the DVCC.

It looks like the items on the Live page are outdated as the DVCC is now forced on. SVS is forced off, STS is forced off. (I have checked past installations and I see this is now true on all my installations)

In addition to the above the following settings are set:

Limit charge current: Off

Limit managed battery charge voltage: off

SCS : off.

[image]

I also have confirmed the battery and the Cerbo are communicating with the parameters coming through as expected. The BMS CAN is set up correctly and I have no errors.

[image]

Additionally, I see that the cell data is now available. I don't know if this is just a Cerbo thing or a UP5000 thing. But I think it's cool.

[image]

History:

When I first charged the battery it charged to 100%, which was at 51.53V. Over time that 100% has dropped to 86%.

What I suspect is that overtime the cells have balanced, which causes the 51.53V to equal a lower SOC. This is just my opinion and could be incorrect.

I dont know if anyone has any ideas on what I can do differently, or if I am missing anything. as at this point, I don't know how to get it to charge to 100%.

ewalderasmus asked
agroventuresperu commented ·

6 Answers

Smart BMS CL not charging

We have the same issue with multiple Smart BMS CL: They are not letting significant charge to the Lithium batteries even though the alternator is running at high speeds.
Screenshot attached - we have a 100A alternator, engine running at 2000rpm, the device shows 5% load and no significant current flows towards the battery. We had the same / similar issues on multiple boats and caravans.

[image]

Any idea what the reason could be? It can not really be linked to the batteries - we have tried bridging the M8 connectors with a BMS cable, still the same behavior..

mik asked
james-ward answered ·

1 Answer

No AC loads yet Quattro reports a 244W AC draw while charging?? Pic attached.

I am currently commissioning a Quattro 48/5000/70 single phase unit and a 280ah home made battery before moving everything to a cabin in the woods.

The only thing hooked into the L1 out are three recepticals with NO load and a lightning arrestor (which was removed for testing purposes).

The draw only appears while charging battery with temporary AC power I have wired in from my main service panel.

I dropped the charge rate from 21A to 15A and the AC load dropped to around 86W, kind of proportional. Is this what is consumed by the conversion of AC to DC?

Any thoughts on this?

[image]

northtown2022 asked
snoobler answered ·

2 Answers

Do I need to change battery type and if so, how ?

I just bought a MultiPlus 2400W and charger 120A, 12/3000/120-16 × 1

I read the installation manual, looks like the default battery type is AGM.

I'm running on 2x400Ah lithium batteries.

Do I need to change the battery type on the Multiplus, and if so, how ? Does not seem to be available on DIP switches, I don't have any dongle to connect yet.

hugues asked
Sarah edited ·

3 Answers

SmartSolar MPPT - 100/20 - Unreliable load output shutoff voltage!! Serious issue!!

Hi,

I have been running tests for the last couple weeks now with my 300W of panels, 24v battery bank and SmartSolar MPPT 100:20 charge controller.

After some initial problems setting it up, the load output "user def algorithm" seemed to be working...for 1 day.

2 days later its not working. I had the disconnect threshold set to a generous 24.2v and went out of the house for a few hours and came back and the battery voltage was 23.97v.

This is a serious issue as many people would be using the load output on/off threshold to protect the battery from deep discharge. Its a significant feature of the product.

Therefore it is very concerning that the threshold does not work and I have no faith that the controller would disconnect properly so I am manually disconnecting the load.

Im considering buying a separate battery protect module or even returning the MPPT charge controller as it seems to have a serious issue with the firmware which could destroy your battery unless monitored very closely and manually disconnected.

Please can someone (particularly VE support) help me here??

See screenshots below for setup.

In addition - Jumpers are removed, the RX and TX pins are set the correct settings.

[image]

[image]

[image]

vonny232 asked

0 Answers

Blue Smart IP65 15A Bulk to Absorption

Hi Everyone, I have the Blue Smart IP65 15A Charger connected up to my 200Ah Lithium Batteries. I am using the standard Li-Ion profile. I have checked that the charger is outputting 14.2V when I disconnect it from the battery but when connected, the charging/battery volts are showing only 13.6V and I'm pretty sure the battery is nearly full as per the Smart Shunt. It has been on 15A Bulk charge for nearly 4 hours today so far (60Amps input and was showing 88% SOC before that) and is still going along in Bulk at only 13.63V now. The absorption setting is 14.2V so I can't see it ever getting to the switch over point. Is this simply normal behaviour and it seems the batteries were a lot more discharged than I thought or is it possible that the charger is not outputting enough power to actually charge the batteries?

Thank you.

miller-giad asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

Cerbo/Venus GX - Set maximum charge level, e.g. 90 % SOC

Hello together,

my config is:
- 3x Multiplus 5000
- 3x MPPT 250/100
- Cerbo GX
- BYD LVL 15.4
- 45 x Sunrise Energy SR-M660340HL -> 15,3 kWp

- In plan: Fronius Symo on AC-Out

Here is my question:
I would like to limit the maximum charge level. For example, to 90% SOC. I can not find this setting in cerbo gx. Is it possible that this setting does not exist at all? Why? Many other manufacturers have this option. I think this would be a good option to save the battery in the summer. Since peaks occur here from time to time. And the battery is loaded beyond its limit. Especially if you plan to add another inverter. Even if this adheres to the 1.0 rule. Here it would be better if the battery still had reserves. And from time to time, the battery could charge to 100% to balance the cells.

Are there any efforts on the part of Victron Energy here?

Thanks for help.

greetings from germany
from an enthusiastic Victron user
Schaka

schaka asked
nickdb commented ·

3 Answers

Followers

1778 Posts
188 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts