question

knotty avatar image
knotty asked

MultiPlus 12/800/35-16 Not charging leisure or inverting

Hi,

After some help! I've got a MultiPlus 12/800/35-16 on my boat with start and leisure batteries. It has worked perfectly in the past but recently it is not charging the leisure battery or inverting when I remove its power source. I've charged the leisure battery with a separate portable Victron charger so I think the battery is ok. I've got a fuse between the MultiPlus and the leisure battery so I've changed that. I've got a SmartShunt on the negative of the leisure battery so I can accurately check its status.

Any further troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks!

img-8433.jpegimg-8434.jpeg

battery charging
img-8433.jpeg (3.6 MiB)
img-8434.jpeg (3.2 MiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@knotty Unplug the Multi from the raspi.

Just to check if the pi is sending out the wrong signals.

0 Likes 0 ·
knotty avatar image knotty klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Unfortunately, this didn't make a difference. I disconnected the Multi from the RPi and then removed the power from the Multi and it didn't switch over to inverter. Thank you for the suggestion. The two photos are about a week between them. You can see the battery voltage has dropped even though there is no load and the Multi should be charging the leisure battery. Like I said I've changed the fuse on the cable from the Multi to the leisure battery. Any other ideas? Thanks!

img-8432.jpegimg-8502.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-8432.jpeg (236.9 KiB)
img-8502.jpeg (226.4 KiB)
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ knotty commented ·
@knotty your VRM snap shows STORAGE while the battery is at 8v. Something is broken there.

It would be a good idea to reset the multi to stock firmware (and stock config), as that will reset all parameters to a known working setup. v459 was the last stable firmware.

Then unplug the raspi and note the multi leds, and smartshunt voltage and current measurements.

0 Likes 0 ·
knotty avatar image knotty klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

This is great intel thanks. I will try tomorrow. Annoyingly I updated using the standard GUI automatic update process the other day.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-8504.png (196.2 KiB)
0 Answers