question

jaro2k avatar image
jaro2k asked

Optimal Fronius model for 3-phase system with Zero feed-in requirment

Hi,

I would like to ask for your opinion. We have 3-phase power grid connectivity in our building and we are considering building a system based on Victron ESS using 3x Multiplus-II 5k in combination to Fronius inverters connected on the AC-in side. Since there is Zero-feed-in requirement from the energy provider I would like to ask what would be the best solution to eliminate energy feed-in on any of the given phases.

Sure, we plan to install energy-metering on the grid-input which will communicate this to Cebro-GX.

The alternatives are:

1/ using 1x Fronius Symo

2/ using 3x Fronius Primo (single Primo connected to each phase)

I have a feeling that second alternative could provide better results in terms of zero-feed-in requirements just because energy consumption in the building is asymmetric so if we set "Multiphase regulation" to "Individual Phase" then ESS logic will likely manage each Primo inverter independently based on consumption per each phase to keep Grid-setpoint Zero for each phase.

The first alternative on the other side may lead to ineffective use of Symo inverter since this device would distribute power across all 3-phases symmetrically regardless of asymmetric consumption which could result in lowering the power generation on Symo based on phase with lowest consumption.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

ESSFroniusfeed-in limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

Hi isnt this the same question as your other topic?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.