question

dandenson avatar image
dandenson asked

blue smart ip22 connect to VRM?

Is it possible to connect the ip22 chargers to VRM for stats? I have a cerbo GX and that doesn't seem to support the ve bluetooth network. Seems that the fact that the ip22 can connect to and create a ve bluetooth network suggests I should be able to get this data out to VRM somehow.

VRMcharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@dandenson

Unfortunately not possible. The IP22 has no communication port. You may want to check out the Phoenix Smart Charger IP43, which has VE.Direct and communicates with the GX device and VRM.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6ixgun avatar image 6ixgun commented ·
Sadly, at 3X the price. The IP22 should have this, kind of a disappointment it doesn't. At the least we should be able to connect it to the CERBO GX vi bluetooth and manage over wifi.
0 Likes 0 ·
dandenson avatar image
dandenson answered ·

yeah, I'm constantly infuriated by these oversights across the board on victron products. every time I go to do something, there's a gap in the product that makes no sense. I'm constantly looking for a more complete product line.

2 |3000

Related Resources