shorepower Image

shorepower

PowerAssist how does it work? Boosting starts well below Current Limit! Batteries cant charge! help!

Theres a foot of snow and its freezing out. I need to heat multiple buildings to keep pipes from bursting. And though my hydro (shore) power is producing ~30amps the "power assist" keeps turning on at about 50% of my current limit rather than as the description says, to supplement power demand after the 30amps! (Quattro: 2x10Kw (240V SplitPhase)

State A: Load near Limit - battery discharges at 2Kw! (1000Watt available load)

Battery State: 45% SOC and Discharging

Input Current/Limit: 16/29Amps (3800W / 6960W)

Output Load: 6000Watt

State B: Load around 50% - battery doesn't charge! (2500Watt available load)

Battery State: 45% SOC and Float

Input Current/Limit: 18/29Amps (4500W / 6960W)

Output Load: 4500Watt

I've tried changing the power assist boost factor value from 2 to the minimum of 0.3 which I would assume is 9amps. Isn't it supposed to give me an additional 9amps? so I can boost up to 39amps but have a load of up to 30amps?

Well I have a consistent load above 15 amps and the quattros keep draining from the battery rather than using the available load!

Now that my batteries are below 50% the occasional load spike will shut off the quattro system! And the batteries are continuining to discharge. By the end of the weekend the system isn't going to work anymore! I would be better off without the quattros! (and this has been pretty much my entire experience w/ the product).

Florian Mettetal asked
JohnC commented ·

1 Answer

Gx device doesn't show shore power.

Yesterday, I connected shore power to my campervan for the first time. I've been running my Multiplus II over summer with the MPPT 100/50 as my sole power source. With land power connected, the Multi charges the battery with >100A but the AC in current does not show, nor does powerassist work. Anyone can suggest a possible cause? With land current disconnected, the shown AC load power is correct, but with the relay closed all AC shows zero regardless of the actual load. In below screen shot I was drawing at least 1500W AC

[image]

candide asked
offgridcircuits answered ·

2 Answers

How to setup multiple chargers connecting simultaneously.

Hi,

I have purchased the following devices and I am starting to setup the system on my Boat, where I have a Starter Battery and a House Battery:

• Blue Power Charger 12 30 3
  • Smart solar MPPT 100 30
  • Orion-TR Smart 12 12 - 30
  • Smart Battery Protect 12/24 100
  • BMV-712 Smart
  • 2 x Victron 12V 175W Mono Solar Panels

My question relates to situation in which these devices will all be working at the same time.

The AC/DC and DC/DC Charger, will rarely do that, as I will either be on Shore Power or on Engine Power, but there could be very rare instances of the engines being run while on the dock for a few minutes when also still connected on Shore power.

My main concern is the MPPT Solar Charger running at the same time as the DC/DC Charger when under way and in daylight. But technically, if I am in the situation described above at the dock, all three chargers could be working at the same time, for some short period of time.

Can this damage the devices or the Battery? At present the Battery is a AGM 100Ah Deep Cycle but I will soon be replacing it with a LiFePO4.

Can someone please recommend the best way to setup this system? Am I better off switching manually things on off based on the usage? Or can I setup the devices parameters in such a way that they will automatically stop working at the right time based on the voltage produced by other devices?

I would appreciate some guidance and help.

Thank you in advance,

Adri

adric asked
bart-de-hondt commented ·

2 Answers

Can shore power add to a multiplus if it is already supplying maximum output?

If for example i have a Multiplus that supplies a maximum continuous of 1300w and i draw 1300w which is being supplied from a battery bank. When shore power is connected will this allow further draw? perhaps 2000w?

dd22 asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

No power at all, please help!!

Hi, I have a vitron power inverter with a Multipass compact unit. There is no power at all inside the camper van. The Multipass unit has a solid red alarm led and a solid amber charge led. I cannot even Bluetooth into the console. Absolutely no power, everything is down. I am using the same power cord as I used before. Also, when I start the camper van, engine running I also get no power, even the driver console is not working. Please help.

phillan1 asked
phillan1 answered ·

2 Answers

Plug for Shore Power Inlet

Does anyone know a UK or German supplier of the female plug to fit an SHP301603000 shore power inlet. Looks like a variation on the CEE plugs, but I can't find one to fit.

kevgermany asked
rvicev commented ·

3 Answers

CCGX Color Control shut down Multiplus 3000/24/120 and shore power

The Color Control GX lost power and then the Multplus 3000/24/120 shut down too. We have 50 amp shore power; the 240v works but not the 120v.

lalvasmith asked

0 Answers

Transfer Switch for Victron Multiplus 12/3000

Hi all,

I'm currently planning out my wiring for a van conversion and looking at getting a Multiplus 12/3000. As a newbie to wiring and someone who's British tendencies tend to make me quite modest, I'm damn proud at how confident I feel about electrics after the amount of research I've done. (Main thanks to the author of Wiring Unlimited.)

That being said, I can't for the life of me figure out how this transfer switch relates to van conversions. Most of the info I've read online seems to relate to fitting into buildings rather than vans. But even then I'm struggling to understand it as there seems to be a variety of uses.

What's more, after zooming in on other peoples videos and guides I can see there's roughly a 50/50 split between those who use the 50a and those who use the 16a. But frustratingly, they mention all the reasons and specs as to why they purchased the unit, other than talk about the transfer switch rating.

[image]

Is anyone able to explain in simple terms what a transfer switch is and what it will do for me in relation to a van conversion? Main things I'm worried about are blowing shore feeds when hooked up at campsites, or over/underpowering my systems.

That being said, my main source of power will be the 525w solar array I plan on installing as well as the Orion DC-DC charger feeding into 2x200ah Victron Lithium Smart Batteries.

Also while I'm here, in Wiring Unlimited it mentions creating a bypass switch for the inverter. (Section 6.6)

[image]

I can understand the reasons behind this. But firstly, it looks like a lot of people doing van conversions don't seem to bother with it. Secondly, how do you actually go about wiring this to connect to a comsumer unit?

Cheers!

mattestlea asked
gyzko answered ·

1 Answer

Multiplus Compact 12/1600/70-16 goes in Alarm when connected to shore

Hello! :)

Hopefully you guys can help me up with the trouble shooting / config of my system.

It goes like this:

Shore -> multiplus -> 12V LIONTRON Lifepo

Also I am using a Smart shunt and a cerbo GX via VE.Bus. Firmware is 430.

The system is working fine, until I plug in the shore cable. Then the system shows the red alarm light an the following messages on the cerbo display.

Alarm - temperature high

Alarm - error temperature sensor

Alarm - battery low

The voltage is 13.11V, temp 29 C

When connecting the shore line, the voltage drops to 8.07V DC.

AC-line shows 95V due to the connected generator. Also it shows -1.3A, which I don’t understand.

Could you guys please put me on the right direction to solve the issue?

Thanks!

dna asked
dna answered ·

2 Answers

Temperature Compensation Value Mistmatch

Hello,

I'm asking for the solar assembly of my friend on the neighboring boat in the marina.

The installation of the system is as in the attached image. TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION for FLOAT CHARGING VOLTAGE (13.6V - 13.8V) is specified as -3mV/℃/Cell in the datasheet of RITAR brand service batteries included in this setup. The same parameter is specified as -4mV/℃/Cell for CYCLE USE VOLTAGE (14.2V - 14.4V). The same document also gives a value of 6 for CELLS PER UNIT.

VICTRON CONNECT installed on the mobile phone shows TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION as -16.2mV/℃. And it's like this field is not modifiable.

Does this difference between the value shown on the VICTRON CONNECT and the value indicated on the battery datasheet adversely affect the performance of the system? What should be done to correct the negative effects?

Another question is; Which Victron product would you recommend to charge this service bank consisting of 2 RITAR batteries from shore power?

Thank you in advance for the replies and comments.

[image]

syorigami asked
Mike Dorsett answered ·

1 Answer

Are IP67 AC and DC Sides Isolated From Each Other?

I’ve found versions of this question unanswered in these forums. It is not answered in the manual so no need to post a link. Since I’m using this on a boat it’s is important to know for avoiding stray-current issues. Are the AC and DC sides of the the transformer isolated?

Paul asked

0 Answers

Quattro 48/5000 showing State: Blocked and not allowing AC power ni/through

I have 2 x 48/5000 Quattros that have been working for a few months now in an RV. Last night, I was running the system using the inverter and this morning, I got cut off due to low battery voltage. Expected, but not ideal. When I started the generator, it wouldn't allow AC power to pass-thru the inverters or to charge the batteries until I switched out of split phase and into parallel mode. (The generators output single phase 120v but have worked in the past with the inverter.)

Now that I'm plugged into shore power at a campsite this evening, I'm having issues getting the inverters to pass-thru power or to charge the batteries. I've plugged into 50amp (120/240v split phase) and into 30amp (120v single phase). I've tried the inverters in split-phase, parallel, and a whole mess of combinations. They all end in me either tripping the inverter's overload (when on parallel) or just not allowing power to come in.

Supporting images/videos:

https://imgur.com/a/xE46DLD

learntorv asked
learntorv answered ·

1 Answer

How to Prioritize Solar MPPT over Shore Power Multiplus II

I have installed a Multiplus II on my boat. I also have solar panels connected through two MPPTs, and a Smart Shunt connected to the house battery bank (5 - 12V AGM batteries). The system is connected to a Cerbo GX with a touch 50.

My question is this: Is there an easy way to prioritize solar power over shore power when the boat is connected to shore power?

I have seen many posts from a few years ago but there seems to be no clear answer. The ideal situation would be when the sun is shining the batteries remain at 100% SOC and the solar powers the boat. If the load exceeds the solar output, the Multiplus II would make up the difference using shore power.

I look forward to hearing back from the community.

Thank you,

Ralph

ralphd asked
stevenebraun answered ·

4 Answers

AC Input Voltage dropping continuously throughout day

I recognize this might not be a Victron Device issue, but has anyone experienced this? The voltage continues to decline throughout the day. Yes it has gotten hotter, and yes you can see current increases throughout day, but has anyone seen this? Voltage starts at 120 and seems to proportionately drop with current draw.

[image]

looknow12 asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Phoenix MultiPlus charging batteries when Air Conditioning Runs

I have an older Phoenix Multiplus Inverter charger 12/3000/120v. I am connected to shower power. When the air conditioning cycles on the batteries are getting charged (bulk, abs ect) which is seemingly over charging them. I thought when shore power was connected the inverter/charger is bypassed. It seems like the inverter is running off of the batteries and charging them when there is an AC load. Or is this part of a battery assist when the air conditioning starts? Any help here would appreciated!

thank you.

rocky

rockland asked
Kevin Windrem commented ·

2 Answers

Followers

97 Posts
90 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

Kevin Windrem
200 Points