question

tyronepatterson1 avatar image
tyronepatterson1 asked

Need Help With Charging Profile for Odyssey AGM Battery and Victron Blue Smart IP22 & SmartShunt

Hello fellow Victron users,

I recently purchased a Victron Energy Blue Smart Charger IP22 12V/30A (3) rev2 and the newest model Victron Energy SmartShunt 500A/50mV to maintain and potentially repair my Odyssey Extreme Series AGM battery (model 31-PC2150). My primary goal is not just charging but also running a recondition cycle to address potential sulfation issues.

While reading a user review about this model it explained that this Victron charger allows for the input of custom charging profiles, which can be crucial for maximizing battery life and efficiency, especially for specific AGM batteries like mine. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate any pre-configured profiles or "recipes" for my particular battery model, and the advanced settings menu is a bit daunting without clear guidelines.

Could anyone share their experiences or advice on configuring the Blue Smart Charger for this specific battery? Specifically, I am looking for the correct settings that would match the charging and recondition requirements for the Odyssey 31-PC2150. Additionally, any insights on conducting a recondition cycle using this setup would be greatly appreciated.

I've done extensive searching but haven't found the specific information needed. I'm hoping to leverage the community's expertise to ensure I don't damage this high-investment battery due to incorrect settings.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance!

-Tp

battery chargingSmartShuntVictronConnectAGM Batterybluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
tyronepatterson1 avatar image
tyronepatterson1 answered ·

I tried to ask victron but they want me to ask my seller after putting in my serial number and he doesn't respond.

I really would like to run a repair cycle but want to make sure I'm doing it the best way I can given my battery type. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please... :-)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.