question

vicky avatar image
vicky asked

Blue Smart IP22 new version with VE Networking unavailable?

Good day,

My twelve year old charger 120V/50A died, so I urgently have to replace it.

My current cabin setup:

4 x 6V /212Ah flooded batteries, in series and parallel so 12V 424Ah in total

BMV 712 with Smart shunt and temp sensor

Battery Protect 12/24 100A

Smart Solar Mppt 100/50

My first First choice for a new charger was the Blue Smart IP22 which would connect jnto VE Networking nicely. The 30A should be enough for my relatively small setup.

Unfortunately there is no source over here in Canada who could deliver the new version,serial# starting with HQ2024, which is required for VE Networking.

Even Victron confirmed they don't have it on stock, strange...

As far as I understand, the capabilities I would miss going with the old version are the IP22 "knowing" battery amps and temperature, which would improve charging.

Now, how important is this? Is it a real big issue and/or would I miss further capabilities ?

I have to mention, room temperature where the batteries are, is between 5°C and 25°C.

If it is really cold -45°C I am not here, I leave the batteries fully charged, system off.

Any hint appreciated

V.

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

HQ2024 means that unit is around 4 years old. I can't believe that there are no newer units available and that Victron doesn't have them on stock.

I would just try to order one and send it back if it's an old unit. The serial number is printed on the box, you don't have to open it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vicky avatar image
vicky answered ·

Thanks Matthias, I will do so !

2 |3000