question

nomadsofdk avatar image
nomadsofdk asked

Blue Smart IP22 12V 30A or Blue Smart IP22 12V 30A + Smartshunt combination needs?

I plan to buy a Blue Smart IP22 Battery Charger 12V 30A for charging my 300Ah Redodo LifePo4 battery. The battery will be a "stand alone" battery and it needs a smart charger. That's it. I was very confident that the Blue Smart IP22 30A will "keep an eye" on the state my battery. Then I red about Smartshunt what's made for doing exactly that task: monitoring the battery. So what now? Some people even use both Blue Smart Charger and Smartshunt as well. Why do they need 2 different bluetooth monitoring devices being connected to the same system? I totally don't get it.

I would like to have an extra - non built in/stand alone - LifePo4 battery to charge my Ecoflow Delta 2.... when it's necessary. (Plan: stand alone Redodo 300Ah battery ---> XT60i cable though solar charger ---> Ecoflow Delta 2)

So I need a smart solution to charge the battery safely and be able to monitor it through the Victron bluetooth app. The main question is: do I need to buy both or can I go only with the Blue Smart IP22 30A charger?

All ideas are welcome...thanks in advance. ;)

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Nev avatar image
Nev answered ·

The battery charger is the necessary device. Once correctly setup will charge and maintain your battery without intervention. It can't "keep an eye on the state of the battery" i t will simply charge it as necessary.The VictronConnect app will give battery charging details only.

The SmartShunt is a different beast and is used "keep an eye" on your battery state of charge (how full/empty), charge/discharge currents etc.

It is not an essential device but a worthwhile addition if you have ongoing interest in how the battery is performing.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nomadsofdk avatar image nomadsofdk commented ·
Thank you. :) Another question...Do you know if I need to use fuse between the 300Ah battery and the Blue Smart IP22 charger? If so, which one? 15A, 20A or?
0 Likes 0 ·