Smart Battery Sense Image

Smart Battery Sense

SmartBatterySense midpoint voltage monitoring

Is it possible to setup the SmartBatterySense as a midpoint voltage monitor within Victron Connect? Or on the Cerbo GX?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

minisolar asked
minisolar commented ·

1 Answer

Smart Battery Sense data in VRM through MPPT75/10

Hi,

My setup is Smart Battery Sense with bluetooth connection to MPPT 75/10, which has a VE.Direct USB cable to Raspberry Pi.

The MPPT can see the data from the smart battery sense, and in VRM I can see the MPPT. But I cant see the data from the Smart Battery Sense. Is this normal? I expected that the MPPT would pass on ALL data to the VRM portal.

Thanks,

Cameron

Cameron Gillies asked
veeriz2022 published ·

5 Answers

Battery charging with 4- MPPT

I'm in the process of designing my RV 12V system. I will have:

• 4 - 440W solar panels (Panels are on slides, 2 on top 100% exposure, 2 bottom only producing when deployed)
  • 4 - Smart Solar MPPT 100/30
  • CerboGX/Touch 50
  • 8-10 100Ah Lithium batteries. The plan is to connect each battery to 2 or 3 - Lynx PowerIN or possibly 5 - pairs in parallel if 10 are used.
  • 500A Smart Shunt.

What is the best way to monitor/control charging? Replace the Smart Shunt with a BMV-712 and 2 temperature sensors on 2 batteries or use one Smart Battery Sense?

Glen Carter asked
Glen Carter commented ·

2 Answers

Smart Battery Sense

Hi, can some one please help explain why after connecting a Smart battery sense to a 36Vdc e-bike battery the unit no longer works. I have checked the polarity the fuse and the manual states the unit can handle up to 60Vdc. Please Help...

michael-b-1 asked
michael-b-1 commented ·

3 Answers

Smart Battery Sense

Habe ein Smart Battery Sense an einer Liontron 12 V 220 Ah; Cerbo Gx, Multiplus II 12 V 3000 W.

Bei den Geräten wird das Battery Sense angezeigt, Firmware ist aktualisiert usw., aber in der Remote Control wird das Gerät immer nur als "unterbrochen" angezeigt. In den langen Anleitungen habe ich gelesen, daß beim Wechselrichter Dip Schalter 1 ein und Schalter 2 ausgestellt werden muss. Nun hat der Multiplus II aber keinen Dip - Schalter.
Was kann ich nun tun ?

Ulrich Graefe asked
Ulrich Graefe answered ·

3 Answers

Voltage sense error and nightly charging in a camper van

[image]

Looking for some help with my buddy's setup in a Ford Transit camper van that I put together and installed.

We literally finished the day we left for the trip with our families in our vans so there was almost no time for testing and now we have some details to figure out.

We've been on a road for few days and he's reporting some issues with charging on shore power and there's some other issues with voltage sense.

Setup:

Cerbo GX and display

Victron MultiPlus 3K inverter charger connected to Cerbo with a Victron LAN cable

800ah of Renogy lithium

500A Victron shunt connected to Cerbo with VE. Direct cable and also talking to the inverter thru the local wireless network

Software is up to date and firmwares are updated.

First thing I noticed is that Cerbo does not see the state of charge

Cerbo shows "Voltage Sense error"

Second issue is that MultiPlus won't maintain batteries at full charge when plugged in to shore power while load is applied

Let's say he starts with a full charge (alternator charge) and we pull into the camp ground.

He has a DC AirCon that draws 40A

He goes to sleep while plugged in to shore.

Batteries are not charging because they are full so MP shows float but he's pulling let's say 50A for for all of his loads and he wakes up 8 hrs later with his batteries at 75% all while plugged in to the shore power.

How do I use MultiPlus for power supply instead of batteries???

What causes that voltage sense error?

info-8 asked
kevgermany answered ·

4 Answers

"Battery temperature too high" setting for MPPT?

TL;DR:

Device: Solar Charger; Triggered by: Automatic monitoring; Description: Error code: #1 - Battery temperature too high

Error received and MPPT shut down when battery temp hits 50°C as reported by SBS. Where is that setting? I can't find it in MPPT, CCGX or SBS.

System consisting of:

• MPPT 250/100
  • Quattro 48/5000 120V w/temp sensor
  • 4S2P Trojan T-1275 FLA
  • CCGX
  • BMV-702 w/temp sensor (shared current/voltage sense)
  • SBS (VE.Smart with MPPT)

----------------------

Background:

A remote installation suffered from battery neglect. 4S 2P 12V for 48V system voltage: one string of 4S 12V was experiencing very high temperatures under moderate charging with substantial electrolyte loss. SBS is on one battery in this string, but BMV was shared temp sense on the healthy string, so temp comp and alarms were based on the healthy string. During troubleshooting and testing, ailing string was observed to be... 64°C. Confirmed with IR thermometer.

Bank replacement is planned, but "limped" minimal use is needed for a few more weeks. Current and absorption voltage reduced to better manage temperature. Extended absorption phase to compensate for lower absorption voltage.

Sample simultaneous readings:

• SBS on side of Battery 1: 38°C
  • BMV-702 on Battery 1, (+) post: 33°C
  • Quattro on Battery 4, (-) post: 27°C

snoobler asked
snoobler edited ·

0 Answers

Generic temperature sensor for Smartshunt?

Hallo, what kind of generic temperature sensor I need to use with smartshuunt, instead of the victron temperature sensor? I just know that is a in-built chip temperature sensor and not a resistance sensor.

Can someone post a example link please?

Thank you.

Fra asked

0 Answers

Marine Lithium Battery Charging, Controlling and Monitoring

Marine setup. 4x Renogy 12v/200amp (100amp Max continuous charge) LiFePO4 batteries w/internal BMS & Bluetooth. Sources of Charge: (a) 2x Volvo Diesel engines with standard Alternators (guess 65amp each) - internal regulators configured for typical LED 12v charge profiles, (b) Multiplus II 12/3000/120 (30 amp Shore Power), and (c) Victron Blue Solar MPPT 100/30. Question #1. Recommendations for methods to manage/control Charge Profile for current produced by engine Alternators to manage Lithium batteries instead of LED batteries. I suspect this would be via the use of Orion DC-DC 30amp Charge Controllers - would you recommend (A) one for each engine or 2x stacked per engine, and (B) would these be then common connected to a bus bar or directly to battery bank or via a Victron Lynx product (I want to be able to manage and see in real time the performance of DC chargers and control situations where Solar and Shore power and Engine Power is all coming in at once via the Victron Connect App. Question #2 How do I configure the 4x Battery Bank to be able to see each individual batteries performance via the Victron Connect App? I currently have a Victron Venus GX & one Victron BMV700 with temp sensor and smart shunt - should I buy additional smart shunts + battery protectors, or, Lynx Smart Shunt, or will any of the Victron external BMS systems work?

briann asked

0 Answers

Sharing temperature between smart battery sense and smartshuunt?

I would very much like to make sure that Smart battery sense can share the temperature with the smartshuunt to compensate for capacity, and not just with smartsolar.

Because my smartshuunt has no temperature sensor because I need the engine battery voltage reading. Is it possible to do this? If this is not possible, it would be very convenient for victronenergy to implement this possibility via firmware in the future.

Fra asked
Fra edited ·

1 Answer

How do I resetten smart Batteryprotect

Hello

I have a smart batteryprotect 12/24V 65A. I try to resetten the pincode, but it does not work. I use the 3 dots and enter the PUK-code. The answer is: function not available.

How do I resetten this device?

Thnxs Harm Abel

harmabel asked
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

1 Answer

How to manage smartschunt + smart battery sense in data transmission to smartsolar??

Hello, I have a smartsolar 100/30 on the VE network. SMART with smartshuunt and smart battery sense.

Now, smartschunt don't have the temperature sensor because I need the engine start battery voltage function.

The smartsolar receive from smartshuunt current and battery voltage. And receive from battery sense only the temperature.

But I would like the smartsolar to receive only the current from the smartshuunt. And that it receives temperature and voltage from the smart battery sense. It's possible?

Fra asked

0 Answers

SmartShunt and Smart Battery Sense Temperature Issue

Odd issue that randomly pops up between a SmartShunt without an auxiliary temperature sensor, a Smart Battery Sense, and a pair of MPPT 100/30 controllers.

The SmartShunt will occasionally take over temperature monitoring duties and it sticks at a temperature of 30 F. This causes issues with over voltage on my battery bank.

All devices are on the same V.E. Smart Network

I am unsure what is causing the demotion of the Smart Battery Sense temperature sharing. The SmartShunt does not have the external temperature probe installed physically, and it is not enabled in the firmware either.

justin-carver asked
snoobler answered ·

5 Answers

Smart battery sense - incorrect temperature value received by the MPPT

Good day,

I have been using Smart battery sense a little over a month together with a MPPT 100/20, Smartshunt 500 and Cerbo GX. Smart Battery sense is located on top of my 100Ah Lifepo4 battery and transmits the battery temperature to the MPPT unit which is 2 meters away from the battery compartment.

Everything was working in harmony until yesterday. The weather was perfect and sunny but the MPPT wasn't charging my battery. After spending some time, I realized that the SBS was reporting a temperature of -18*C. Of course, MPPT was not sending any amperes to the battery in order to protect it. However, -18*C couldn't be true as I had access to another temp device in the trailer which was reporting +23*C. I was checking this remotely via VRM.

Today, when I came close to my trailer, I noticed that the SBS was reporting the temperature correctly, +12*C. However, when I enable the Bluetooth on the MPPT, the temp value received by the MPPT is still showing -18*C. Maybe, SBS needs an reset or a power recirculation but I wanted to share this here to ask if any of you had a similar experience.

I will appreciate your kind assistance

Best regards

Sedat Bilgebay

bilgebay asked
bilgebay edited ·

6 Answers

Verkabelung Victron Smart Batterie Sensor mit 2x200AH GEL Verbraucherbaterie, Smartshunt und MPPT

Hallo Community,

Ich würde gerne mal ein Verkabelungsdiagram abfragen für folgende Problemstellung:

I habe 2 GEL 200AH Verbraucherbatterie in Reihe (12V) mit einem Smartshunt 500A und bin gerade am planen für eine Solaranlage am Boot. Hierzu wurde ein 150/35 MPPT Victron angeschafft nun die Frage: Der Smartshunt hat ja schon ein Kabel an den Plus Pol meiner Batterie für Temperatur, nun will ich den Victron Smart Temperatur Sensor nachrüsten. Muss ich für beide Batterien einen Temperatur Sensor kaufen und mit dem MPPT Regler verbinden? Oder langt nur ein Sensor? Wie ist denn der Schaltplan hierzu? Ich kann leider nichts hierzu finden....

Danke für Euere Unterstützung.

VB Beluga...

Schema:

[image]

beluga asked
beluga edited ·

2 Answers

Followers

134 Posts
118 Users
2 Followers

Topic Experts