alarm

Grid Lost alarm not written to modbus register

Hi everyone!

I recently installed the following system:

3x MP2 5000
4x Pylontech US5000
1x Fronius Symo 15-3
1x Cerbo GX

I must say that I am really pleased with the quality of the Victron components and the documentation/knowledge available to do things in a DIY manner. However reading the modbus registers on my Cerbo I encountered an issue while testing.

I am pulling data from all modbus registers once a second. This data is written to InfluxDB and aggregated/downsampled to 3 minutes granularity. The 1s data is retained for 24h allowing me to do real time dashboarding e.g. to monitor alarm states.

[image]

Testing most alarms is difficult but the Grid-Lost alarm can be tested easily by pulling the main breaker on the Grid-Side aka AC-IN. The Cerbo reports a Grid-Lost Alarm about 15-30s after the grid was lost. The Modbus Register 64 (Unit: 227 or 100) should write a "2" for an alarm state but remains at "0".

Unfortunately this is not very confidence inspiring since I am building a whole alerting system that relies on these registers being accurate.

Does anyone have an Idea why the register remains at 0?

Thanks!

leoo asked
leoo edited ·

0 Answers

Pylontech High Voltage Alarm

Hi I'm getting hIgh Voltage warnings on the CCGX. I understand the cells need to internally balance as it's a new system. They are, slowly, day by day.

My issue is that I have set the DVCC to 53.2V to mitigate the alarms and to allow the cells to balance but it's not stoping the alarm!.

Any ideas?

The alarms currently trigger just above 52V.

[image]

[image]

[image]

jimbo asked
Rob Duthie answered ·

7 Answers

Cerbo bilgepump system

I recently installed a Cerbo GX and connected my 4 bilge pumps to the digital inputs.

One of the data elements is cycle count. I'd like to set an alarm if any bilge cycles more than 15 times in any 24 hours period.

Is there anyway to reset this parameter to 0 once per day.

I've set another alarm if the input state is "on" for more than 60 seconds. If the bilge runs for more than 60 consecutive seconds the bilge either has an air lock or there is some sort of flooding. In addition to cycle count tracking I'd like to track cumulative run time in a 24 hour period, anyway to do this?

Thanks

Jordy asked
bignick commented ·

2 Answers

Can I be notified if I left my inverter on after 11:00pm?

I'm living in a camper full time. I have no need to run my inverter at night. I usually remember to turn it off if needed but sometimes I forget. I'd like to maximize my battery, especially this time of year with low solar yield in the northern hemisphere.

I have a MultiPlus connected to a Raspberry Pi running VenusOS.

Is there any way to set some sort of alarm/reminder to go off at a preset time (say 11:00pm) if the inverter is not set to Off? And by Off, I mean in the VenusOS UI, not the physical switch on the MultiPlus.

I'm not afraid to make customizations if that's what it takes. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

rmaddy asked
david-ross answered ·

3 Answers

VRM: alarm config in Celcius only

My Cerbo is running v2.92 and when creating a temperature alarm for my Ruuvi, the temperature is in celsius. Being from the US, my foundation is fahrenheit. Is there a way to change it for the alarm config? I changed my displays to F, it's just alarm creation that is still C.

[image]

jakes7196 asked
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

1 Answer

Grid alarm: Grid lost

Hi all,

First of all, a Merry Christmas to everybody!

As I'm new to off grid and only bought my Victron setup last month, I've been playing with battery/solar/charging settings to get to know and understand the system.

I've been charging the batteries by solar and with temporary grid connection. I never had an alarm. So for the last 2 weeks or so it has been working perfect.

Yesterday I've set up the Cerbo relais (generator) as I wanted the Multi 2 to start and stop charging at desired SOC levels.

All worked fine, until I removed the temporary grid connection: Grid alarm, grid lost.

Which is a good thing.
So I cleared the alarm and plugged the grid back in, alarm popped up again.

I've set the Multi off, waited for 15 minutes and back on. A new Grid alarm.
I then checked the voltage AC-in with Multimeter, 229,2V and checked the VRM Advanced Graphic, yes the grid is connected.
Unless I go into Remote settings and disable 'Monitor for grid failure' there is no way I can stop the Alarm.

What is going on?

Thanks for your help in advance !

bartrs asked
bartrs edited ·

4 Answers

Undervoltage alarm - why?

Can someone explain to me why I keep getting an "undervoltage alarm"?

[image]

[image]

I had already turned the settings down.

DC input low-turn off: 40.8V

DC input restart: 41.8V

DC input low pre-alarm: 41.8V

In the ESS Assistant:

Sustain voltage: 45.0V

dynamic shutdown: all 4 values at 46V

I can not explain it.

lennycb asked
Alexandra commented ·

0 Answers

Quattro Overload alarm and Shutoff

Dear Community . I have a Quattro 10 kv inverter . Currently in South Africa we have routine load shedding and what is happening now is when the power gets turned of my my inverter sometimes shut down due to overload.(sporadic) I can testify that when this happen my inverter is not outputting more than 1000w so not close to an " over load" . What can be the reason for this overload situation

pappag asked
offroadflow commented ·

0 Answers

Pylontech Internal Error Alarm

A little over one month ago I installed Pylontech US2000C batteries in my system. All was well for 3 weeks and then 2 weeks ago the first Internal Error appeared.

Having scoured the internet and following the advice from Victrons own documentation I lowered the DVCC Maximum voltage to 51.2 (15 x the voltage of the lowest cell voltage seen in the remote console)

I could see in the VRM Portal that there were multiple spikes in the Min/Max Cell Voltage's when there was no corresponding spikes in the AC Load (perhaps someone from Victron or Pylontech whould care to eloborate on that)

Over time the number of spikes diminished, until yesterday when they were back and today, once again, an Internal Error Alarm happened.

Looking at the data from the VRM Portal I can see that the spikes only happen when the cell voltages reaches 3.27 and the alarm happens when the Max cell voltage hits 3.89, a difference of 0.62 volts. This behaviour has been consistant for all of the alarms, to date there have been 12 of them in a 2 week period.

I am now somewhat at a loss as to what can be done to mitigate this problem.

Screenshot 2021-11-18 095632.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-18 095535.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-18 100340.jpg

steve-smith asked
ponzoa answered ·

10 Answers

VRM manual alarm rules not alerting if battery module offline?

Hi all,

I am setting up a new CerboGX with EG4ll V2 batteries (3 of them) I am trying to setup a manual alarm rule to alert me if one of the battery modules drops offline. Below are screenshots of my current settings but I have had no luck getting these to send me an email from the VRM(Test emails are working great). I can get the rule to display that when I unplug a module that it is indeed not registered.

Let me know what I might be doing wrong!

Best Regards

[image]

[image]

[image]

support-3 asked

0 Answers

Unexpected regular Multi II 48/5000 quick shutdown

[image]

[image]

[image]

Strange behaviour I cannot explain .

System is

Multi II 48/5000

2 X 435 W panels on 150/35 in 2S

4x 435w panels in 2s2p on 150/35

2 x Pylontech UP5000

Cerbo GX

Connected to grid as AC IN.

No output or export to grid

VS settings

System installed 1 month ago. very similar to many other systems we installed with same components.

all worked well until yesterday. client called saying system went off 3 times in the morning , then quickly came back in by itself after a few seconds.

I checked online via vrm. indeed noticed these ve bus alarms (low battery) . investigated and found the cerbo was only seeing 1 of the 2 pylontech.

the batteries were never low, and still have not been.

client is far. talked to him. made him check the pylontech data cables : Pylon 1 to pylon 2 short cable and pylon to cerbo victron blue ve can type A cable.

found that pylontech data cable linking 1 battery to the other had its terminal a bit loose. connected correctly . turned back ON. All seemed ok and could see back the 2 pylon on cerbo .

but it did the same yesterday and again today.see screenshots .

main difference is that cerbo sees well the 2 batteries. all pylontech parameters look perfect.

looks like the system is loosing bms parameters. anybody had issues with victron cables typea for pylontech up 5000 ?

any other bright idea ?

grateful for some feedback

Herve RV Nizard asked
Herve RV Nizard answered ·

10 Answers

vrm email wrong timezone

I have my timezone set in the cerbo gx and I have set it in the vrm online, but I still get email alerts telling me the wrong timezone. Where is that coming from and how can I get it set correctly? I am not in America/Chihuahua.

No data alarm cleared on 'System', new data received on 2022-11-16 13:19:54 America/Chihuahua

me1 asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

Battery Monitor [512] Automatic monitoring High voltage alarm: Alarm

Hi,

Having an issue on two sites where the BMS of the battery is connected, and settings are done according to the application note. I have limited the charge current to 50A and the charge voltage to 55VDC.

MultiPlus-II 5KVA firmware 498 and Cerbo GX firmware V2.92

The screen snip High voltage alarm.PNG

Has any one had this issue and what's the best way to correct.

Kind regards

Chad

franschhoek-electric asked
nickdb answered ·

1 Answer

How to Set Alarm Rule at a Set Absorption Amperage

I'm learning that on my 24v system, when the genset is charging the battery bank, that it is fully charged when my batteries are showing at least a 28.8v and drop from the higher amperage of 44a+/- to instead the range of 18a to 24a. I'd like to set an alarm to alert me to when this range is hit, or when a target is at least hit within it. How can I do that?

And if I can do that, can I get the alarm to send me an sms notification? This would save me sitting around for hours and hours, waiting while charging and watching screens for progress.

Thanks Community!

allswell asked

0 Answers

VRM Alarms, Emails not working as expected.

Hi All,

I have 2 solar charge controllers and a Phoenix inverter Smart, all purchased new recently.

I would like VRM to email me when the charge controllers turn OFF, and when they change from Bulk/Absorption/Float.

I would also like to receive an email when the Inverter is switched ON or OFF.

This is how I have the Alarms set in VRM. I don't really understand why there are 2 sets of sliders, ie Absorption/Float/Off is listed twice.

I seem to receive an email when the chargers turn off, but never when the charger state changes from Bulk/Absorption/Float.

I also do not receive an email when the Inverter is switched on or off.

[image]

Here is the Inverter setting:

Have tried adding 2 seperate alarms, one for on/off and one for on/off/eco.

[image]

Can any one help please. Many thanks.

mattc asked

0 Answers

107 Posts
100 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts