question

ect avatar image
ect asked

Victron with Enphase System Build

Hello All, I currently have a 4kw solar system with enphase m250 micros. We suffer constant power outages in the area and I would like to add on a storage solution. I was hoping I could get a little input on system requirements;

Currently I am planning to order the following:

1x Quattro 48v 10000va

1x Smartsolar Charge Controller

1x GX Touch

1x Cerbo GX

5x Pylontech US3000c

1x VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type A Cable

Anything I am missing? Would you change anything in this list?

I appreciate any input!

Pylontech
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Will you add a generator to the Quattro or will a single ACIN 10kVA 48V Multiplus II suffice?

Do you plan on adding more DC coupled solar to want a Smartsolar MPPT?

Do the Enphase currently disconnect during power outages and are you looking to connect it to the ACOUT essentials loads output?

0 Likes 0 ·
ect avatar image ect ejrossouw commented ·

I dont 100% know what I want but I would rather have the flexibility for future expansion.

I wont be currently adding a generator, but I would like to have the flexibility to add one in the future.

In regards to adding more DC coupled solar, again looking at flexibility and perhaps adding additional panels in the future if needed.

Yes, the enphase shut down currently when the grid goes down. I understand that I can connect the enphase string to the AC Out 1 and the Cuattro can control the frequency when there is no grid and keep them online.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@ECT

Ve direct cable to connect the mppt to the gx.

There are quite a few posts on this forum about using Enphase with Victron. It may also be worth reading them before proceeding with anything.

There are alot of design considerations as @ejrossouw has mentioned.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ect avatar image ect commented ·
Yes, I have read most of them. I think I am ready to pull the trigger and make the order. I will add the VE Direct Cable.

-Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ ect commented ·
@ECT

Nice. If you can spring for one more battery as well. It will be most correct for the 10kva.

10 000 ÷ 48v is 208A from bank.

208 ÷ 37A (nominal current for 3000c) is 5.6 batteries, but since you cannot buy 0.6 of a battery.....

0 Likes 0 ·
mr-manuel avatar image
mr-manuel answered ·

If you also want to see the Enphase system in Venus OS you can use this driver: https://github.com/mr-manuel/venus-os_dbus-enphase-envoy

It displays the PV input and you can enable the output to MQTT to track the production of every single panel.

2 |3000