DVCC Image

DVCC

DVCC and ESS doesn't work. Rpi4

Hi,

I got my cerbo gx killed when I connected it to 48V.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/152325/cerbo-gx-geht-standig-kaputt.html

As a fast solution I installed a RPI4 with venusos.

Everything works fine but the system ignores DVCC and ESS, the same worked fine with the Cerbo GX.

Any help would be very nice :)

v2.91~1

joelsahlen asked

0 Answers

MP ii DVCC: MP showing Absorbtion LED, MPPT's showing Bulk LED ("External Control")

Hi all,

In my setup (MP ii, DVCC, 2x MPPT 100/30, SmartShunt), I am observing some unexpected LED behaviour. All components running the latest available firmware.

The MP ii is in absorption mode and is accordingly illuminating it's Absorption LED, but the two MPPT's (Both showing as External Control) are illuminating their Bulk LED's. Surely the LED's should be synchronised as per the charge stage that the MP ii is in?

Tom Ranson asked
Tom Ranson commented ·

1 Answer

MP ii DVCC: Limit managed battery charge voltage

Hi all,

On an MP ii DVCC with lead batteries, what is the purpose of "Limit managed battery charge voltage" please?

Tom Ranson asked
Tom Ranson commented ·

1 Answer

DVCC not working ?

Does anyone have this working ?

A have a raspberry venus os 2.90-10 , 2 x mppt controller and now 2 smart stunt , one as a battery monitor and the other a dc load monitor connected to my inverter .

Like :- DVCC not compensating for inverter - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

it will not compensate for the extra load , I've deleted the smart networking from each device , tried rebooting , checking every setting .

If 20 amp are coming from the controllers with a 10 amp load and I set the limit to 15 amps it sets the controller's 15 amps not the maximum going into the battery which is now 5 amps .

CAN I FIX IT WITH NODE-RED

Can I read the load and just set the dvcc limit to 15 amp + load every 5 seconds ? or would the charges be saves somewhere and saved to flash ?

THAT IDEA WORKS

I've tried that idea and it works to within 1 amp , so if I set a maximum of 10 amp the charge is 9.0 to 11 amps , better now it will raise with the load.

peter-3 asked
peter-3 edited ·

0 Answers

Need clarification on usage of DVCC

I will soon be installing a system consisting of 2 multiplus 2 2x120 in parallel, cerbo gx, mppt 100/50, smart shunt 500, and a couple of gx tank 140. My battery bank is 4 12v 200ah lifepo4 wired series/parallel for 24v system (internal bms with no external communication). I have been reading all I can find about DVCC and assume that I should enable DVCC so that the multi's and the mppt will all get the voltage and current information from the shunt instead of operating independently? Can someone please confirm what is best practice for my situation? Much thanks.

derrick thomas asked
derrick thomas commented ·

1 Answer

Smart solar MPPT 150/85 Tr VE.CAN and DVCC participation

I have 4 MMPTs 2 are USB connected to a CCGX and 2 are newer VE.CAN. The older non- CAN are running firmware 1.59. The newer CAN are running firmware 3.10. I have DVCC enabled. The newer CAN devices do not appear to be using DVCC. On the CCGX if I select Networked Operation on a CAN device I see 2 items listed:

* Network Status - Group & Instance Master

* BMS controlled - No.

On the older MPPTs Networked Operation has 4 items

* Networked - Yes

* Network Status - Standalone

* Mode setting - External Controll

* BMS controlled - No.

I have victron smart lithium batteries, a Lynx 1000 VE.CAN Shunt, VE.Bus BMS, a Quattro 5000, and CCGX.

The CAN MPPTs go to float too early and they don't appear to be participating in DVCC. What am I missing in my config?

TIA

Jon S asked
Jon S commented ·

1 Answer

Fix amount charging with DVCC ?

Hi , This is my system , 2 x controllers ( 20 amp + 35 amps ) a 1200 va phoenix inverter , smart shunt , 5 x 300 watt panels .

I have read the document and it says to doesn't know about the load without a shunt ?, The smart shunt should know how much is going into the battery .

I found that if I set the current limit to 10 amp then it limit the current of both controllers to 10 amp not taking account of the load .

What am I doing wrong ? , do I need a second smart shunt to sense the dc loads ( inverter ) or have a missed something ?

peter-3 asked
peter-3 commented ·

1 Answer

DVCC Anwendungsgebiet

Hallo community!

Ich habe Zuhause eine Victronanlage.

Gespeist wird vom Netz über einen Victron MultiPlus Compact 24/1200/25-16

Gestern wurde auf eine PV Anlage erweitert via Smartsolar MPPT 100/30.

Aktuell wird der erzeugte PV Strom in die Batterien eingespeist, jedoch wäre es toll wenn dieser direkt über den Wechselrichter zum Verbraucher geführt wird.

Mir wurde empfohlen das ich das DVCC aktiviere, jedoch verstehe ich die Anwendung nicht richtig.

Aufgabengebiet von DVCC

Kann mir das bitte jemand erklären?

Danke im voraus :)

marcel123 asked
ojack commented ·

3 Answers

DVCC system charges with 62A instead of the set 27A what is going on? / DVCC System läd mit 62A statt den eingestellten 27A was ist da los?

Hello I tested today how my ess behaves in the event of a power failure.

When I switched everything back on. The system starts charging the battery. I have set 27A in DVCC but the battery is charged with 62A what is going on?

Hallo ich habe heute mal geteste wie sich mein ess bei einem stromausfll verhält.

Als ich alles wieder eingeschalten habe. Startet das system die ladung der battery. In DVCC habe ich 27A eingestellt aber die battery wird mit 62A geladen was ist da los?

mryoshii asked
marcel123 answered ·

5 Answers

DVCC limit charge current has no effect

I’m running a simple ESS system EM24, Multiplus 2 24/3000, LiFePO with BMS but not communicating with Venus OS and a Venus OS2.89 running on Raspberry. PV is on AC . Especially in summertime I would like to limit the charge current towards the battery, because there is enough time to charge the batteries. However I can only control the charge limit directly in the Mulitplus and not via DVCC. Any idea?

mascheihei asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

Problem Multiplus 2 ESS speist plötzlich nachts ein

Hallo,

ich habe ein System Victron Multiplus 2 5000, Cerbo,4 Strings, 2 RS MPPT 450/200 Regler, 11kW-Peak auf dem Dach und einen selbstgebauten 23kWh (16S2P mit 230Ah Zellen) Lifepo4 Speicher mit einem Seplos BMS.

DVCC ist eingeschaltet und ESS auf dem Multiplus2 aktiviert.

Das ganze System spinnt seit Freitag abend. Einfach so ohne Änderung irgendwelcher Einstellungen. Ich habe das ein paar Stunden später zufällig gemerkt (Sa. morgen 1:00)

Donnerstag war das Verhalten anscheinend noch normal: bis ungefähr Mittag Batterie laden, dann bis ungefähr 18:00 Uhr einspeisen, dann Null Einspeisung und Batteriebezug.

[image]

Freitag tagsüber auch, aber nach ca. 18:00 Uhr ein wildes Hin und Her zwischen Einspeisen und Netzbezug:

[image]

Leider macht hat sich das Verhalten auch bei Sonne nicht verändert, die Batterie wird auch tagsüber bei minimaler PV-Leistung entladen und es wird kräftig aus der Batterie ins Netz eingespreist. Das System regelt ständig zwischen Laden und Entladen/Einspeisen hin und her.

Ich habe nun auch mal versucht alle Komponenten komplett nochmals aus- und einzuschalten, habe die Victron-Multiplus2-Konfiguration nochmal eingelesen und nochmal reingeschrieben, aber das ESS (oder Cerbo oder ???) macht was es will. Ich weiss gerade nicht was ich machen soll

Liegt da evtl. ein Defekt am Multiplus oder Cerbo vor ? Wie kann ich rausfinden, was falsch läuft ?

HILFE !

Ich hab auch mal ein Video gemacht wie das so aussieht.....

rasti asked
crash-override answered ·

2 Answers

IP43, syncronized charging and DVCC

I am looking for some details and/or confirmation about the IP43 charger 120-240V model.

===========================================

When looking here,

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Smart_Networking/en/ve-smart-networking-product-compatibility.html

it is specified that ONLY the 120-240V model supports both

• the data sense sharing (V and T) capability
  • the charge synchronization capability

The 230V model only supports the first one.

Q1: Is the information found in the documentation accurate and up to date?

============================================

When I am looking to the change log of the IP43 firmware,

https://professional.victronenergy.com/downloads/firmware/file-download/?name=Phoenix%20Smart%20IP43%20Charger/Phoenix%20Smart%20IP43%20Charger%20firmware%20changelog.docx

the latest entry is about FW version 3.38. However, it looks like the 120-240V is only using FW 3.50.

Q2.1: Is it possible to update the change log document to know exactly what we have in FW version 3.50?

Q2.2: Is version 3.50 the initial release version for the 120-240 model?

Sometime ago, I posted few question regarding the IP22 rev2 and the synchronized sharing capability.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/99702/ip22-rev2-mppt-syncronized-charging-how-the-storag.html?childToView=100422#answer-100422

Basically, I will ask the same questions but for the IP43 (120-240V model only)

Q3.1: Does the IP43 120-240V model will always become the charge master if combined with MPPTs in a VE.Smart network?

DVCC vs VE.Smart network

In the VE.Smart network documentation,

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Smart_Networking/en/limitations.html

it is said that DVCC voltage sense takes over voltage sense coming from VE.Smart network.

Let's suppose you have a system with an IP43 120-240V model and 1-2 MPPTs (being both VE.Direct and VE.Smart capable)

Q4.1: What about the "Synchronized charging" capability of the VE.Smart network when DVCC is enabled on the GX? Is it deactivated or still in function?

Q4.2: If it is still in function, does the current limit capability of the DVCC be used by MPPTs?

It is said here DVCC is not yet supported by the IP43 charger.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/144664/bms-ccgx-phoenix-smart-ip43-charger-the-dvcc-wont.html

Knowing the 120-240V model is using a newer FW (3.50)

Q5.1: Is it true for 120-240V mode? (.i.e DVCC not supported)

Q5.2: What is not supported exactly? Everything (voltage sense and current limit capability)? Or just the current limit capability?

Thanks!

-François

gyzko asked

0 Answers

CCGX - DVCC -> How to Limit Charge Voltage using ModBus-TCP

I've noticed the addition in DVCC the ability to limit the managed battery charge voltage to a value of my liking. I am very happy, that this is finally possible now.
Now, I would like to set this maximum charge voltage using Home Assistant.

Inside my Modbus TCP services, I have access to com.victronenergy.systems.
According to CCGX-Modbus-TCP Register-list.xlsx, the only writing-enabled registers com.victronenergy.systems are the CCGX-relay-states.

Is there any possibility set the Maximum Charge Voltage per Modbus TCP from Home Assistant? If yes, what is the register of this service?

Michael Timler asked
Michael Timler edited ·

2 Answers

BMS+ CCGX+ Phoenix Smart IP43 Charger the DVCC won’t work?

Hi

I have a system that consists of REC BMS + CCGX and Phoenix smart charger IP43. The BMS and Charger is connected to CCGX through CAN and VE.Direct. I have activated DVCC and defined the limit (CVL, CCL, DCL). When I then want to charge the batteries, the Charger will not follow the limit set in DVCC. CCGX ends up giving Alarms (high voltage, high current, etc.).

Is Phoenix Smart charger compatible with DVCC??

IS there any settings I have not activated? Is there any settings I have overlooked?

How does Phoenix Charger charge the batteries when DVCC is activated?

Equipment:

Phoenix smart Charger 12 | 30 (1 + 1) fv v3.31

CCGX fv v2.87

REC BMS v2.6

thanks

tareq asked
johanndo edited ·

4 Answers

ESS/DVCC MPPT not charging when CVL is reached

Hi

following Setup

-3ph Multiplus 2 5000 v494

- Cerbo GX v2.85

- AC coupled PV Fronius Symo

- MPPT RS 450/100 v1.09

- LFP with REC BMS

- ESS and DVCC enabled

- REC is providing the charge parameters

- MPPT und Multi on external control

I am observing the following behaviour that when the battery voltage reaches the CCL, the MPPTs stops charging and only the AC coupled PV Inverter provides charging via the MPs.

But this is most inefficient, there is enough sun available for the MPPT to charge.

Any ideas or advices?

Many thx!

[image]

baxter asked
baxter edited ·

3 Answers

169 Posts
145 Users
5 Followers

Topic Experts

nickdb
150 Points