lynx distributor Image

lynx distributor

Lynx Dist with 2 strings of batteries

I currently have a single string of AGM batteries wired for 48 V. 4x12 200ah. Runs to the Lynx dist in the usual fashion with a Smart Shunt at the batteries before the Lynx. I want to add a second string of identical bats for 400ah. I have an extra connection in the Lynx. Should I run the second string to the Lynx and make my parallel connection for the two strings there? Also, would I need a second Smart Shunt for the second string since its an ESS system? What is best way to do this?

Thanks!

duswami asked
Jeff Jensen answered ·

4 Answers

Welcher Kabelquerschnitt bei Anschluss MPPT 150/45 an Lynx

Kurze Frage:

Unsere bestehende Anlage aus Multiplus 2 (5000/48) und 4 x Pylontech US2000C (sowie einem 8 Jahre alten SMA WR am AC-IN) wird erweitert um einen MPPT 150/45 (sowie einigen neuen Panels). Dabei wird zudem ein Lynx zwischen Multiplus, den Pylontechs sowie dem MPPT (mit entsprechenden Sicherungen) verbaut.

Frage ist nun, welchen Querschnitt brauche ich für die Verbindung zwischen MPPT und Lynx (vom Lynx zum Multiplus sowie zu den Pylontechs sind es je 35mm2)?

Die Länge wird bei max. 2 Meter liegen.

adahmen asked
adahmen answered ·

2 Answers

Help with battery switchs for motorhome?

I am in the process of designing the system for my motorhome looking for help to configure the system disconnects. The main components:

• 4- 440W solar panels > 4 DC breakers/disconnects > 4 MPPT 100|30 > Lynx Power In
  • 8- 100Ah Lion UT-1300 > 2 - Lynx Power In
  • MultiPlus II 12 | 3000 | 120 2x120
  • Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC Charger Non-Isolated 12 | 12 | 30

I plan on a Battery switch on the starter battery negative terminal.

The coach system, I am planning to use a Shallco Bi-Stable Latching Relay BR-300-12-1-34 on the main negative terminal of the Lynx Power In before the Smart Shunt.

This should provide 100% battery disconnect from system. At this point the MPPT should turn off.

My question is: with the motorhome being all electric (no propane) is there any need for additional battery switches on the 12V input to MultiPlus II and/or the Solar output from the Lynx Power In?

This is my preliminary diagram

[image]

Glen Carter asked
Glen Carter answered ·

3 Answers

Adding a 2nd fusebox

Hi all. Regarding my electrical design shown here, is there any good way to add a second 12 blade fusebox without adding a 2nd Lynx Distributor? Thanks for any tips! (cable connection points in the image for planning purposes only)

EDIT: the main fusebox is next to the Lynx and the 2nd would be located some 2m away from the Lynx.

[image]

mako74 asked
mariner answered ·

1 Answer

Liaison bus bar <> sectionneur bipolaire

Bonjour,

Je vais installer un sectionneur 48v bipolaire en sortie de module Lynx.

Les barres du Lynx font 8x30mm pour 1000A, mais je ne sais pas quelle est leur matière. La boulonnerie semble être en inox.

Je pense utiliser des barres en cuivre plutôt que des câbles :
- Pas de contre indication dans le temps sur le contact cuivre <> inox ?
- 6x30mm, est-ce suffisant pour environ 200A ?

Je suis preneur de vos recommandations.

Merci d'avance.

dvb asked
dvb answered ·

2 Answers

Question sur Lynx

Bonjour à tous,

J'aimerais votre avis sur la mise en oeuvre de modules Lynx.

Mes Pylontech seront raccordées via 2 jeux de câbles pour répartir le courant.

Schéma 1

J'ai mis un sectionneur / groupe de batteries. Peut-on en mettre un seul de 400A (en pointillés) après les batteries, en entrée du Lynx power ?

J'hésite car deux simplifieraient la maintenance; qu'en pensez-vous (retour d'expérience et norme) ?

https://zupimages.net/up/22/31/g88s.jpg

Schéma 2

Ici les batteries attaquent directement les fusibles d'un Lynx Distributor pour monitorer les fusibles. Du coup j'ai mis un Lynx Power après le shunt, pour raccorder onduleur et mppt.

https://zupimages.net/up/22/31/09eq.jpg

Merci.

dvb asked
dvb answered ·

3 Answers

Lynx Distributor - all red lights for fuses with yellow power light

Hi there,

I am having some issues with my Lynx Distributor. All the fuses are marked as red and the power button is marked as orange, however my electrical equipment is still being powered. I thought initially, based on the manual that it was due to lack of power going to the positive bus bar, but like I said, everything is working fine and the battery is at the correct voltage. I even replaced one of the fuses, just in case, and that too is now red.

Is this a rare problem? I can't seem to see anything online about it. Just want to see my little green light again :)

jistjad asked
pagb answered ·

2 Answers

Welche Sicherungen werden für den Lynx Distributor benötigt

Hallo,

aktuell ist ein Multiplus II 48V/5000 mit 4 x Pylontech US2000C im Einsatz (der Multiplus liegt parallel zu einem alten SMA SunnyBoy PV-Inverter mit max 3kw).

Nun soll das System um einen MPPT Laderegler erweitert werden (weitere 4 Solar-Panels mit je 400W werden installiert).

Als Laderegler wird ein Victron MPPT 150/45 installiert.

Um nun die Systeme zu verbinden, soll zusätzlich ein Victron Lynx Distributor installiert werden.

Meine Frage wäre nun:

Welche Sicherungen sollten in dieser Konstellation im Lynx verbaut werden. Am Lynx werden angeschlossen:

- Victron Multiplus II 48V 5000

- Pylontech Batterie-Rack (4xUS2000C) mit in Summe 4 x 9,6 Kwh

- Victron MPPT 145/50

Aktuell angedacht bzw. mit empfohlen wäre (jeweils als Mega-Fuse 70V):

- 60A für den MPPT

- 100A für die Pylontech

- 200A für den Multiplus II

Ist das so passend? Die vom Multiplus scheint mir etwas zu groß zu sein, oder?

adahmen asked
mike4nl answered ·

2 Answers

Lithium and Lynx Smart BMS - Strange V behaviour

Hi All

New system -

• 4x Smart Lithium 330Ah
  • Paralleled to Lynx Distributor
  • Connected to Lynx Smart BMS
  • With Lynx Distributor on loads side of BMS
  • Multiplus II connected to Distributor
  • Cerbo GX and Touch 70 powered off Smart BMS Aux
  • No other loads or charging sources attached
  • Brand new system - being commissioned

Batteries fully charged and balanced - multiple times. When the batteries are charging and discharging - I am seeing a strange behaviour in the voltage - which I wouldn't expect.

Discharging -

I would expect the V to drop quickly between 100% to 95% SOC and then remain fairly constant under a stable load until about 30% SOC - and then drop off quickly. I have only taken the batteries down to 50% SOC - but I am seeing the V drop, when under constant load to early -

• with a constant load of about 5A the V sits at about 13.29v until 68% SOC
  • at 68% SOC the V starts to drop
  • it stops dropping at about 62% SOC and the settles at 13.13v
  • its then stays at this same V all the way to 50% SOC (I have not gone deeper yet)

Charging -

I see the opposite happening - the V rises quick between 62% and 68% SOC.

[image]

My previous system (3x 200Ah Lithium and VE.Bus BMS) - never had this behaviour.

Am I worrying about nothing ?

Thanks all, Tim.

miya asked
miya commented ·

1 Answer

Position of ground wire on Lynx Distributer.

Is there a good reason not to move the green ground wire from the centre of the distributer as shown on this circuit diagram down to the other side of the smart BMS where I’ve drawn a green arrow?

My Distributer is very congested with connections, and it would make my life a lot easier…

[image]

sweyn asked
sweyn commented ·

1 Answer

Using a jumper in the Lynx Distributor

Because the Lynx requires Mega fuses and Mega fuses usually begin at 80 or 100 amps, Can I use a jumper in place of the mega fuse and then run the two +/- wires from the Lynx to a 40amp midi fuse or 40a resettable breaker and continue the wires onto the the 30 amp load?

I have an open set of posts on my Lynx and I hope this setup will work instead of having to add + and negative busbars outside my Lynx. Thank you.

ranger-rick asked
xxn5ac answered ·

1 Answer

Thickness of Lynx Distributer green GND cable.

In this circuit diagram, what gauge cable does the green wire marked “GND” from the Linx distributer need to be relative to the various other cables?

Also, why?

[image]

sweyn asked
sweyn commented ·

1 Answer

Lynx Smart BMS 500 - Remote On/Off - No Load

Hi,

Can anyone clarify the highlighted comment attached?

" When the battery current is low enough the contactor will open so that the DC system is disconnected from the batteries"

I have tried to carry out a few initial tests, but get varying results. When no load is present (on the outgoing contactor terminals) and the Rem On/Off is opened, the safety contactor opens immediately (as expected). If I generate a load (e.g. a Quattro inverting with 2-3kW), the contactor can take anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds to open. Presumably the BMS 500 isn't intelligent enough to command external loads (such as a Quattro/Multi) via VE.Can -> Cerbo -> VE.Bus, so how will the shunt determine what is an acceptable current level to open?

[image]

Rob Howdle asked
Rob Howdle answered ·

2 Answers

I need a 5th connection on the Victron lynx distributor

There are only 4 dc circuit connections on the lynx distributor. I need a 5th connection. How to I add the 5th? Can i connect to the 5th set of bolt connectors at the end of the lynx and use an external fuse or breaker? Or do I double up on one of the 4 connections?

mjohnson2 asked
tom4x commented ·

2 Answers

Automatic Bilge Pump

I have a Lynx Smart BMS and distributer with LifePo4 and I’m wondering where the best place to connect the bilge pump is.

Before the Smart BMS to guarantee it always works?

Worried that it can then run the battery dead.

sweyn asked
seb71 edited ·

3 Answers

23 Posts
17 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

Stefanie
202 Points
Mike Dorsett
85 Points