question

James avatar image
James asked

lynx Distributor - Does it matter which terminal?

Hello, I'm looking for some advice please. I'm using a Lynx Distributor to connect an MPPT and pylontech batteries to a Multiplus 2 GX. I'm planning to connect the MPPT and the batteries via 2 of the 4 entry points at the bottom of the distributor, but should I also connect to the multiplus this way or do I need to use the busbar lugs that stick out of the end? I'm planning that the cables from the distributor to the Multiplus will go via a Mersen fuse switch connector. If feels safer to connect everything via the bottom (and leave the rubber caps in place)? But in my head, for some reason it seems correct to connect the multiplus to the busbar lugs. What would you recommend? Does it matter either way?

Multiplus-IIlynx distributor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

Go with your instinct and connect everything through the cable entry points.

Better to have everything conductive inside the enclosure.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

James avatar image James commented ·
Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The Victron schematics show the Multiplus inverter/ chargers connected to the normal connections. The only time I would consider using the end lugs would be if all the normal connections were full and I had one extra connection to make. I would them 3D print a protective cover to go over the exposed lug.

1 comment
2 |3000

James avatar image James commented ·
Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·