question

davidtudor avatar image
davidtudor asked

Over Voltage Error MPPT RS450/100

Hi

When the sun is out and the solar carries on charging, the Pylontech batteries become 100% but then i get High Voltage alarm, and even thou the batteries are at 100% the solar carries on charging at a very small amperage, everything is run by the Pylontech BMS and i am using a Cerbox GX.

voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@davidtudor

Normal if it is new. Basically there is a cell that is going high. You will notice the pack voltage is not high.

Load an advanced widget for the min and max cells and monitor from there.

Have you programmed with the 52v and 51v as recommended? (Even though bms has control?)

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidtudor avatar image davidtudor commented ·

Hi Alexandra

Not programmed anything, should these voltage be set in the MPPT 450 or on the GX?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ davidtudor commented ·
@davidtudor

On the MPPT definitely. (And any other victron components in the system) It is easy with victron connect over Bluetooth for the mppt. Don't forget to use the lifepo4 profile and edit it.
0 Likes 0 ·
davidtudor avatar image davidtudor Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yes thanks, I've just done that set the battery to LifePO4 and set voltage absorption at 52V and float at 51V
0 Likes 0 ·
davidtudor avatar image
davidtudor answered ·

Hi

Just away on holiday and still getting high voltage alarm , I’ve done the settings on the rs mppt but still getting fault , high voltage, will this damage anything cause problems ?

I can’t do anything as I am out of the country

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @davidtudor,

There are instructions for how to manage this situation here in the Pylontech battery compatibility guide - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom#high_voltage_warning_or_alarm_shown_on_battery_status

It's best to manage it via the Maximum Charge Voltage override setting in the DVCC menu rather than the MPPT RS settings.

It can all be done remotely, I know it's a urgent sounding message but it is not rare, and you are on the right track to resolving it.

0 Likes 0 ·
davidtudor avatar image davidtudor Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

HI

all sorted this now, thanks for all your help, lowered the voltage in DVCC as the error doesn't happen now.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic