TCP IP Networking Image

TCP IP Networking

Cerbo GX falling off of network. Sort of....

Hello,

I recently started setting up a Cerbo GX on my local network. The CGX is new to me, so as far as I could tell, things were going well for several days as I explored and configured the unit. Then the weirdness begins. Here's what's happening.

I can reach the unit via VRM, and all Internet/browser-based functionality seems to be working. The strange thing is that, even with VRM working, I cannot access the remote console locally, via the unit's 192.168.0.xxx IP address. Even after logging out of VRM. Next, I cannot ping the CGX. The failure of this basic network function is worrying. I know the unit's fixed IP address, and my router shows it as a client through multiple refreshes. Rebooting the router changes little, and doesn't help. All WiFi settings have been verified (Netmask, Gateway, DNS, etc).

Now, if I log into VRM and use it's browser-based instance of the remote console, I can go into the unit and reboot it. As soon as the CGX restarts, I begins responding to the ping -t command I started earlier and I now can reach it with the remote console. Full communication. Either the reboot refreshes something on my network (still checking) or the CGX has fallen asleep locally. At this time, I'm not yet sure how long before it loses itself again. That I will keep an eye on.

Is there anything that would normally prevent one of these things from responding to a ping request? I'm running Cerbo GX firmware v2.92, which I think is the latest version. I recently installed Louis van der Walt's Victron VenusOS driver for serial battery BMS units (v.0.14.3 ) for a JBD BMS and Kevin Windrem's SetupHelper (v4.31) and GUIMods (v7.9), but I don't think any of these has any bearing on network connectivity. Anyway, I think this communication loss situation happened at least once prior to the software additions, but I didn't see it for what it was at the time. I'd hate to have to default the unit.

Any pointers?

packrat1969

packrat1969 asked

0 Answers

Meter data transfer - RS485 to TCPIP > TCPIP to RS485

Hello Users,

I'm trying to connect 2 ET meters into the CCGX using one RS485 > USB.

I've studied al the threads here, my problem is a bit special.

I'm able to connect 2 meters ET340 (Modbuss addr1) and ET112 (Modbuss addr2) via one RS485 to USB, this is not the case, when I connect both directly to the RS485 wiring on the USB converter.

But situation in my house is a bit complicated, and one meter should be installed in the room, where I have no RS485 wiring, only home network ( TCP/IP ) is available. So I've decided to using RS485 to TCP/IP bridge (Protoss-PW11) on both sides of RS485.

Schema, which I wish to use:

[image]

Bridge is setup correctly ( TCP/IP server is communicating with TCP/IP client), when I connect to CCGX only ET112 Victron see it, When I parallel connect ET340, Victron lost ET112 and show in device list only ET340. In this constellation never see both meters. Strange!

When I use Carlo Gavazzi software in the end on the side of CCGX, I can see both Meters. No problem there.

In the bellow constellation, Victron can see both meters:

[image]

Do you know, where can be the problem?

Something special to setup in the bridge?

[image]

jgerek asked
apple047 edited ·

6 Answers

Laptop can see color conveter but not Quattro inverter

I recently completed the new installation of a Quattro 15000 + color control. Connecting a laptop to the Color Control i can detect the Color control but not the Inverter. upon running VEConfigure, i have no option to auto detect port.

Color controller does detect inverter.

alec asked
theserpwire answered ·

3 Answers

Cerbo GX duplicate IP addresses

Hi:

(originally posted here, but realise my problem is actually different)

Home network controller (UniFi) complains about duplicate IP addresses on the network. On further inspection this is somehow related to the Cerbo WiFi packets "leaking" onto the wired LAN.

Ethernet settings:

[image]

WiFi settings:

[image]

Duplicate IP address on Ethernet:

[image]

Note the detail box to the right of the screen grab, indicating that Victron HMI, connected by wire, has an IP address which belongs to "Einstein". Details of "Einstein" below:

[image]

What I find really weird is the intermittency of the problem. Every few seconds the wired 172.29.12.145 device drops its "nom de plume", and transmits correctly again:

[image]

Note on the right of the screen how the same device, connected to the same port on the same switch, now has a different (correct as per Ethernet settings!) IP address.

To add to the weirdness, here is the Link-Local interface doing the same:

[image]

Background, in case someone asks why I maintain two connections: Cerbo is connected to LAN via Ethernet as well as WiFi to try and avoid repetition of an incident where the Victron intermittently lost connectivity a few months ago, causing me to replace a switch as well as the Cerbo without fixing the problem. So just to be very explicit about this: I had a Cerbo which lost connectivity. I replaced the switch to no avail. I purchased a new Cerbo and set it up from scratch, and the problem still persisted. This may have been related to a firmware upgrade and may even have been fixed in a later update - I would not know. I also appreciate that I can just switch off WiFi (which does seem to fix the problem), but fact remains the device should not be doing this. As a last comment, I somehow suspect the current problem may not be unrelated to the one I just described.

If this is indeed a bug and I should report it elsewhere, please advise.

TIA

H

Henk van Rooyen asked
Henk van Rooyen commented ·

2 Answers

Cerbo GX announces two IP-Adresses

I connected my Cerbo GX to my LAN. In the LAN is a DSL-Router, which also has a DHCP-server. When the Cerbo GX boots, it shows up in the network list with two IP-addresses: one private class B IP-addres (192.168.xx.yy) which is assigned by the DHCP server in my router, and a second link local address (169.254.xx.yy) with a randomly generated MAC-address (at least it seems so ...).

I wonder what the link-local address is good for / is used for and, if it is not needed as the Cerbo is fully accessible through the Class B IPv4 (asigned by the DHCP-Server), how can I turn that off?

WLAN and Bluetooth are turned off, BTW ...

Firmware is 2.85

chberger asked
Sten answered ·

4 Answers

Extracting Correction Value [%] from CERBO-GX via Modbus TCP

Hello,

We have Viktron's Cerbo-GX in a PV System, connected to:

- 6 Battery inverters

- 1 Solar Inverter (Fronius)

- 1 Genset

- blueLog XM200 (red below)

Cerbo-GX is purely in charge of power control, being the master of the system, BUT, we are monitoring the system via blueLog-XM200 (Datalogger from Meteocontrol), which is sending the data to VCOM, the monitoring software.

VCOM calculates the system PR (Performance Ratio [%]), which needs to be compensated with the Correction Value [%] from the solar inverter, this is the percentage at which the inverter is operating: 100% if not curtailed, and lower e.g. 50% if operating at half capacity in order to not inject energy in the grid.

blueLog is getting the Cerbo-GX data via the "Mode 2 Register 2700", but the data we are getting does not allow for VCOM to compensate the PR calculation with the Correction Value, basically because we don't get it, but we get a constant Setpoint Value [W] (this is the value given to the grid meter as limit to activate power control preventing to inject PV energy into the grid). We can not compensate PR calculation with this.

Hence my question is:

- Where is the register from which blueLog can get the Correction Value [%] from Cerbo-GX?

This is a value that all controllers send inverters in order to limit their production when needed, to avoid things such as grid fee-din if the site's power demand is too low compared to PV production.

marc-navarro asked

0 Answers

Inquiry about Venus GX IP network

Dear sir/Madam

Greeting

I would like to ask you if I can change the IP address of the Venus GX to be the same as another network which is for all systems connected to the industrial switch and the end user already have their own secure network.

Notes: already run the ethernet cable between Venus GX and the Industrial switch.

Kind Regards

abdullahs asked
abdullahs answered ·

2 Answers

Venus GX Suddenly Unreachable on Local Network

After working for about 3 months, today my Venus GX was suddenly unavailable. It was still reporting to VRM. I couldn't reach the Venus from any computer or phone on my local network using the venus.local shortcut. All of them complained about "Server not found". Trying to access the Venus directly by its IP address, *most* of the time I couldn't connect to it but one out of ten tries I'd get a box drawn on the screen that said "Remote Console" and nothing else. Using the Victron Connect app on my iPhone, I could connect to the Venus via bluetooth and then access the remote console successfully from the app. I could also successfully access the remote console via the VRM website. I rebooted the Venus and nothing changed. I updated the Venus' firmware, updated setuphelper, and updated guimods and then rebooted the Venus at the same time I rebooted the router and my laptop and phone. After that, I can access the Venus reliably from the local network using its IP address but the venus.local shortcut still doesn't work. Other devices that allow the .local shortcuts still work properly (can get to my NAS via nas.local, etc). Only the Venus is having trouble.

Any idea why the whole thing broke to begin with and why I can't access it by venus.local now?

williaty asked
kurtinge answered ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX (2.84) loses LAN connection on Wifi and Cable

Good morning,

Cerbo GX on remote location loses LAN and backup Wifi connection. Cerbo keeps working. No LAN mean also no WAN so no VRM. No errors in the display or in the log files. Have to pull the power to reconnect the LAN (An ordinary reboot doesn't fix the problem). Works for a few hours than loses LAN connection again. What can I do to diagnose the problem? Go back to older firmware or problem with hardware?

Anybody any idea? Tips are welcome ;).

Robert

robertg66 asked
green-monster edited ·

3 Answers

Netwerkproblem seit dem Upgrade auf 2.84

Hallo,

mein Multiplus 2 GX lief seit 1 1/2 Jahre einwandfrei, letzte Woche dann das "Empfohlene" Upgrade der Firmware von v2.80 auf v2.84. Seither mindestens einmal pro Tag kompletter Ausfall der LAN Schnittstelle am Multiplus (Keine Leds Blinken mehr am entsprechenden Router-Anschlußport. Einzige Möglichkeit, die Schnittsteller wieder zum "Laufen" zu bringen: Reboot des Multiplus......dann läuft wieder alles einwandfrei........bis zum nächsten Ausfall........

Da ansonsten absolut nichts geändert wurde, muss es irgendwie zwangsläufig am Update liegen.....

Ich hab nun mal auf die v2.6 zurückgesetzt, (Auf die v2.8 kann ich leider nicht zurück) man abwarten was jetzt die nächsten Tage passiert.........

gibt es eine Möglichkeit, irgendwie wieder von der v2.84 auf die v 2.8 zurück zu kommen ?

lg

Guennie

guennie69 asked
psp-maxi answered ·

4 Answers

After blackout I cannot connect to cerbo UI on local lan IP

I had a (grid) blackout this morning, and as a result, my internet router had issues. After rebuilding my local network I have issues connecting to the local LAN IP of my Cerbo.

I can access the Cerbo via VRM- including the Remote Console. However, if I try to access the Cerbo UI via its Local LAN IP - 192.168.100.107 (assigned by DHCP) - I get refused to connect error.

Tried the local link IP as well - no go.

I know it's connected to the internet and working, as it's accessible via VRM.. But I'm puzzled as to why I can't get to it locally?

I can ping it - No probs.

Any ideas as to why the WebUI may not be working? (im running the 2.80~5 I think)

David asked
JohnC answered ·

1 Answer

Local area network Cerbo access

Is it possible to access the Cerbo GX using the Victron Connect mobile app (or computer) using ethernet or WiFi (not Bluetooth or VRM)? My installation will be beyond BT's reach and when we lose mains power our internet (cable) goes out so I won't have access to VRM. I would like to monitor the system from my home which is 100's of feet away but still reachable from my local area network.

Brian Brown asked
Brian Brown commented ·

1 Answer

CCGX and Router

Hello,

we have installed a CCGX on a off-grid site with a router Dlink DWR921. The two devices are connected with ethernet cable.

The router works with DHCP and CCGX is configured to obtain an automatic IP.

We can see that the router give an IP on the network and recognize the CCGX , the CCGX try to obtain this adress but doesn't achieve and stay unlogged.

We have tried to give a static IP but the CCGX doesn't accept it.

Do you have any idea to resolve this issue?

Sorry for my English!

Thanks.

laurentemily asked
GaMe YoU answered ·

8 Answers

Venus GX does not accept static IP gateway

Hello,

My Venus GX seemingly cannot accept a gateway when using a static (manual) IP address. I can enter the gateway, but it reverts to 0.0.0.0 when I click Return.

No problem entering Gateway...

[image]

...but it's not saved correctly.

[image]

I can the Venux GX at the Static IP via LAN directly and indirectly (through a switch). I can also access other remote nodes via a VPN service, but not the Venux GX. Thus while it could be a VPN problem, my first suspicion is the Venux GX gateway.

[image]

I'm relatively new with IP networking, so please let me know if I'm missing another possible solution.

Thanks,

Bryan

brmurray asked
Javier Comellys commented ·

5 Answers

Quelle IP dynamique envoie mes données à VRM?

Bonjour,

Je suis à Lyon, loin de mon installation photo-voltaïque, gérée par Victron et qui envoie les données à VRM via CCGX et un modem router 4G. Ce modem a une adresse dynamique que je veux gérer par No-Ip pour accéder au commandes de CCGX depuis Lyon. Y a-t-il un moyen de récupérer sur VRM mon ip dynamique 4G?

A défaut, j'attendrai la fonte des neiges...

Merci

Lionel

Lionel SEYDOUX asked
Lionel SEYDOUX answered ·

3 Answers

Followers

31 Posts
30 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

markus
50 Points