question

scott-2 avatar image
scott-2 asked

download data size is 3x upload - why is this so much?

Any insight into why the download on my cerbo gx is over 3x the upload. I have a pretty standard system with Multiplus, MPPT, shunt, and 4 temp sensors.

Is there a config change that will help. Seems like the bulk of the data should be going up - no?

screenshot-2024-02-15-at-91320-am.png

cerbo gxTCP IP Networking
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

How often is set the system to report its data?

Settings - VRM online portal - Log interval?

Take into account that it's a Linux OS and if it's not very rigorous "trimmed" for the purpose, there are a lot of services that use web services.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Is it set to auto update? If so, its recently released updates.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alex Pescaru avatar image Alex Pescaru commented ·
From the graph is fairly uniform, each day, every day....

I know Victron guys are prolific, but not quite so.. :-)))

0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@scott@lgdales.com

If enabled, disable General>Remote support unless you need it. This might mitigate the problem with the solutions suggested above but it doesn't really answer your question. I'm equally curious though this isn't a problem for me.

F.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

For comparison here are the network flows for the past 30 days on my Cerbo GX - something is definitely different with yours

img-4272.jpeg

The big download spike was the firmware update.

img-4272.jpeg (201.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources