question

janvi avatar image
janvi asked

How to find Cerbo GX IP address ?

A new and unmodified Cerbo GX runs in my local network 10.10.20.xxx. Registration to the VRM portal was immediately successful why I assume, the Cerbo received a local IP by DHCP from the 10.10.20.xxx range what can be routed out to the portal.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the Cerbo in the DHCP Server leases list of my Mikrotic router. Is DHCP active by default or any special IP adress or host name ?

Is the VRM portal ID equal to the Cerbo MAC address?

Is it possible to see the Cerbo address in the VRM portal or on the local touch screen ?

Is there a http server active, Pings work or only SSH login possible ?

cerbo gxTCP IP Networking
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Just connect to it via bluetooth, it will show it's IP.

Or look on VRM under device list.

or connect to venus.local

All in the manual..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

josecokem avatar image
josecokem answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Just read the manual. No need to use an IP scanner.
0 Likes 0 ·
janvi avatar image
janvi answered ·

Found ! The reason for failure was, that my Mikrotic router reported a Active Host Name "einstein" while your scanner shows. "venus" what is more suspicious. Both tools cannot derive the manufacturers name from MAC. Ping responses, behind runs a ngix and I hope to log in by SSH soon. My touch screen needs some calibration.

jv@JamesWebb:~$
jv@JamesWebb:~$ ssh root@10.10.20.157
root@10.10.20.157's password:
Last login: Thu Jun 29 14:21:41 2023
root@einstein:~#
root@einstein:~#

2 |3000

Related Resources