mppt charging Image

mppt charging

This topic has been merged into MPPT Controllers . Please use MPPT Controllers when editing or creating new content.

ESS/DVCC MPPT not charging

Hi

following Setup

-3ph Multiplus 2 5000 v494

- Cerbo GX v2.85

- AC coupled PV Fronius Symo

- MPPT RS 450/100 v1.09

- LFP with REC BMS

- ESS and DVCC enabled

- REC is providing the charge parameters

- MPPT und Multi on external control

I am observing the following behaviour that when the battery voltage reaches the CCL, the MPPTs stops charging and only the AC coupled PV Inverter provides charging via the MPs.

But this is most inefficient, there is enough sun available for the MPPT to charge.

Any ideas or advices?

Many thx!

[image]

baxter asked
baxter edited ·

0 Answers

Lightning current arrester for BlueSolar or SmartSolar 150V

Hello, could you recommend me a suitable combined lightning current arrester of type 1+2 for BlueSolar or SmartSolar 150V? The typical arresters of this kind, e.g. DehnCombo are rated for at least 1kV DC. And what to do with the minus pole? Are those MPPTs buck converters and minus poles of input and output are the system ground and can be earthed? Or the input must be left floating and both poles have to be protected? Thanks.

gigavolt asked
tom4x answered ·

1 Answer

4x400Wp an Mppt 100/20 möglich bei Ost-/Westfassade?

Hallo,

Ich würde gern an meiner Ost- und Westfassade je 2 Module 400Wp Trina Vertex S montieren. Leerlaufspannung je Modul 41V und Kurzschlussstrom 12,3A.

Einsetzen würde ich gern einen mppt 100/20 am 48V ESS.

Laut mppt Calc darf ich 2 Module in Reihe an den mppt 100/20 anschließen. Das kann ich nachvollziehen bei 82V Voc.

Wenn ich nun aber bei mppt Calc eine 2s2p Konfiguration eingebe, wird mir angezeigt, dass der zulässige Kurzschlussstrom überschritten wird. Auf den ersten Blick klar, im Datenblatt steht ja auch, dass es max 20A sein dürfen.

Ist das aber bei meiner Ost-/Westfassadenmontage (93° Ost und 87° West jeweils senkrecht) überhaupt relevant? Es können ja nie beide Strings gleichzeitig in der Sonne sein. Somit können doch nie 20A überschritten werden, oder? Ich könnte zusätzlich noch jeden String einzeln mit 16A absichern, wüsste aber eigentlich nicht warum?

Wäre super, wenn mir jemand helfen könnte.

Viele Grüße Olaf

ojack asked
holger Bleckwehl answered ·

2 Answers

Affichage SmartSolar Controler

Bonjour,

Notre SmartSolar Controler ne revient plus sur son affichage de base à savoir Voltage/Ampérage.

Tous les menus sont accessible et le MPPT fait le job donc aucune urgence mais si quelqu'un à l'astuce je suis preneuse.

Pour info, le fait d'appuyer sur le bouton SETUP rapidement ou encore d'appuyer sur les boutons + et + en simultanée ne le ramène pas au display de base :(

Merci pour vos idées, bien à vous

Victronement vôtre :)

maa asked
maa answered ·

2 Answers

Wieviel Ampere macht der Laderegler?

Ich habe mir einen Victron MPPT Laderegler 100/30 gekauft, in der Annahme da kämen 30 Ampere raus. Die Realität ist aber weit davon entfernt, im Gegensatz zu dem Ladebooster von Victron wo auch immer 30 Ampere raus kommen, bin ich bei dem Laderegler froh wenn es 5A sind. Und ja ich hab 30Ampere eingestellt in der App. Ist das Ding einfach defekt oder sind 2x200Watt Solaranlage einfach zu wenig? Bringt es wohl etwas auf den MPPT 100/50 zu wechseln?

knightork asked
johanndo edited ·

5 Answers

Battery charging with 4- MPPT

I'm in the process of designing my RV 12V system. I will have:

• 4 - 440W solar panels (Panels are on slides, 2 on top 100% exposure, 2 bottom only producing when deployed)
  • 4 - Smart Solar MPPT 100/30
  • CerboGX/Touch 50
  • 8-10 100Ah Lithium batteries. The plan is to connect each battery to 2 or 3 - Lynx PowerIN or possibly 5 - pairs in parallel if 10 are used.
  • 500A Smart Shunt.

What is the best way to monitor/control charging? Replace the Smart Shunt with a BMV-712 and 2 temperature sensors on 2 batteries or use one Smart Battery Sense?

Glen Carter asked
johanndo answered ·

2 Answers

PV input shut down on MPPT 150/85. code #38

I recently installed 2 150/85 MPPT smartsolar controllers on my 5th wheel wired to my 6 200 ah lithium batteries. Each controller has 3 365 watt panels on them and it does not every go over the 150 volts. And for the first 4 wks of use I have had no issues with them. But the last 2 wks at night I have been getting a code #38 on atleast one of the controllers which i have labled as solar 1 and once i got it on both after clearing the code #38. Each time I clear they work great all day. But I'm getting the code mostly on Solar #1 at night after all the sun is gone and they are not producing any power from the solar panels. As a note each time i have gotten the code it has been a stormy night with lightning. I'm wondering if the lighting is causing the code?

stewarthanford77 asked
stewarthanford77 commented ·

1 Answer

BlueSolar MPPT 75/10 output load defect?

Hello all,

Although shortly (appr. 1 sec), I reversed the battery polarity on my BlueSolar 75/10. The 20A external fuse blew immediately and after replacing it, the controller worked again. That is, it charges the battery to 100% from the solar panels.

The load output, however, is permanently off. There is no voltage or current to be measured and the only way I can use the appliances in the RV is by hooking them up directly to the battery (via the RV control center).

The battery level is sufficiently high and the BatteryLife algorithm is off (jumper between 1 and 2). So, no reason to expect it to shut off internally.

I cannot get inside the BlueSolar through software, it is not the Bluetooth version.

Could it be defected due to the polarity reversal?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Best,

Sven

svenv asked

0 Answers

MPPT 75/15 not charging

Had this charge controller well working four years. Now it has stopped. When I disconect from the batteries it still shows voltages around 14V. When I disconect the solarcells it goes down to 0,8 on batteri. Is this right?

12v asked
nickdb answered ·

1 Answer

BMS 12/200 Connection & Communication with SmartSolar Controller.

Hi.

I'm in the process of installing solar for a customer on their narrowboat in the UK. The Lithium setup is already there fitted by a boatyard. I'm fitting 2*340 watt panels with SmartSolar 100/50 controller.

Setup of the system I'm installing to is:

2* Victron LFP- 12.8/100

BMS 12/200

Victron BMV 712 Smart

Victron 12/1600/70 Multiplus

350Amp Blue Sea switch Isolating Multiplus and main +ve busbar from Victron +ve terminal.

I haven't gone through chasing all cables as need to remove some woodwork and ran out of time but the system seems to be simple as in the basic diagram manual for BMS 12/200 :

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BMS-12-200-EN-NL-FR-ES-DE.pdf

Except the MultiPlus installed where the inverter is in the diagram on LB terminal (no orion DC-DC converter). No extra VE Bus BMS, communication leads with MultiPlus, Cyrix connections to BMV.

1. I'm assuming the SmartSolar controller battery -ve is connected to the LB terminal? Found this post: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/7852/bms-12200-with-both-alternator-and-solar-charge-so.html ..and I just adjust the battery presets in the SmartSolar to LiFePo4? So there's no other communication between the SmartSolar and BMS, and SmartSolar will go back into bulk if batteries are discharged slightly during the day?

2. Would be nice if I could connect SmartSolar Battery Connections to main Bus Bars but I'm connecting +ve SmartSolar terminal to +ve battery terminal (~ 2M 16mm cable with Midi fuse holder) so it bypasses the isolator switch. I assume I can connect SmartSolar -ve to the main negative busbar (~1.5Metres of 95mm cable to BMS 12/200 LB terminal) and minimise -ve SmartSolar cable run in 16mm.

3. There's a 60 amp fuse fitted at AB terminal limiting alt. to 40A. Next size Mega Fuse is 80A limiting current to 70A. Is it possible to bolt the ATO fuse holder ontop of the 60A to allow finer adjustment between the 40 & 70 amp?

Gone through the Journey with Jono Vlog where Jono describes how his Victron solar setup is installed - Using VE Bus BMS, Cyrix, BMV monitor to communicate with the SmartSolar and MultiPlus even though setup has the BMS 12/200 and seems v similar to the setup I'm working on. It seems so complicated. As far as I can see (with absolutely no experience) don't need any BMS VE.Bus to communicate with SmartSolar/MultiPlus/BMV etc. and BMS 12/200 does everything normally needed. So am I missing something?

Sorry if the detail is in the manuals but it's still unclear to me and first time I've got involved with fitting solar to Lithium.

Thanks, Ed

fc-marine asked
cuanb answered ·

2 Answers

MPPT details lost on VRM

[image]

[image]

[image]

I know someone here will know that ... We lost on one system the details of the 2 Charge controllers on the VRM page . See pictures . We see them both well on the remote console . We could see both on VRM before . Not anymore . Showing another picture where 2 appear (194 w) . Any idea what can cause to loose the details of the controllers on VRM ? Thanks in advance ...

Herve RV Nizard asked
mattias-lithammer answered ·

3 Answers

SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 VE.Can - No current flow in Bulk with PV at VOC

I have a SmartSolar MPPT 150/85 VE.Can connected to 6 320W Renogy solar panels wired in 2 parallel series of 3 panels on an RV. I have 15A fuses on each string and a 25A circuit breaker in between the fuses and the MPPT charger. The new system has worked fine for weeks, until one morning after a day of the charger being in float mode for most of the day, both 15A fuses were blown, but the 25A breaker was not tripped. I also noticed that the charger said that the PV Array voltage was within a volt of the battery bank when the array was actually at 0V and/or completely disconnected.

[image]

After replacing the fuses, the charger seemed to work for the rest of the day. By the next day, one of the 15A fuses was blown. Part way through the following day, the charger stopped charging altogether even though no fuses were blown or circuit breakers tripped.

[image]

Now, when the charger is in bulk mode during the day, it reports the battery voltage and PV array voltage but no (<5W) of actual charging, At night, it still reports a PV array voltage of approximately the battery bank voltage.

[image]

warren-b asked
stewarthanford77 answered ·

7 Answers

Question about Orion 12/12 30 and mppt on boat

Boat has a 75 amp starter, and 150 house bank. Going to use the Orion to charge the house bank from the starter. I assume its best to hook the mppt straight to the house bank? It is only a 50 watt panel. My question is, on a sunny day, will the mppt raise the voltage of the house bank even with very few amps going in to the extent that if we are running the engine, the Orion will not whack in a decent charge? Hope this makes sense - apologies if dumb question!

ecb asked
Mike Dorsett answered ·

1 Answer

Pylontec Color Control Gx Easysolar II GC problems with mppt

Hi together,

I’am searching a solution for my problem. I don’t know what to do anymore.

First our setup:

Pylontec up 2500

Easysolar II GX 24/3000/70

Color control GX

I am unable to control the mppt via the GX panel.

The mppt is also not listet on my device list.

The mppt is connected via VE.direct. The cable must be fine, I tried anot her one. No change.

Somebody a idea what to do?

Thank you

Cord

cord-dayal asked
Alexandra answered ·

1 Answer

Mppt 75/15 not charging

[image]

I have two 115W solar panels connected in series to an appt 75/15 regulator and two viltron batteries connected to the regulator. This has worked perfectly for some time but the regulator now seems to have lost the ability to read my batteries.

[image]

The mart is not reading the voltage on the battery and is not charging. I have checked the battery output on the ppt and it is correctly reading the battery voltage but does not seem to be using it and is not charging.

Any suggestions?

patryan asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Followers

4160 Posts
221 Users
2 Followers

Topic Experts

Alexandra
23 Points