ups Image

ups

UPS über i2c abfragen

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe den Raspi mit Venus OS an einem UPS_HAT_B laufen (https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/UPS_HAT_(B))

Ich habe in der u-boot/config.txt dtparam=i2c_arm=on ergänzt, das fand ich hier im Forum, um i2c zu aktivieren. Nach der Anleitung im link oben müsste ich nun p7zip installieren, apt-get ist aber nicht bekannt und wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe wäre das auch nach jedem Update des Systems wieder weg.

Wie bekomme ich die Abfragemöglichkeit der UPS dauerhaft ins System? Vielleicht sogar in die Oberfläche? Ist ja immerhin ein Energiemonitor ;)

Danke im voraus für Tipps!

lg

kg asked
taylortops commented ·

2 Answers

3x10kva output dips on grid connect/disconnect

We have 3x 10kva Quattros in a 3phase connection working with a Fronius Symo 8.2-3-M inverter. There are multiple loads (aircons, PC's, wash machines and more) that reset every time a grid failure and grid connection is made (load shedding). We have never seen this before, any help?

VEconfig:

• UPS function is ticked
  • Low Disconnect was recently changed to 205v and reconnect 208v (as advised by some)

janjan asked
janjan edited ·

1 Answer

UPS connected to multiplus II starts event that multiplus is working

This weekend I saw my Trust UPS connected on AC OUT 1, switching to UPS mode a few times. The UPS switched back to AC withing the same minute.

What could be the cause for this ?

rns asked
rns answered ·

2 Answers

UPS Function Multiplus II failed today on overvoltage event

As the title mentions.

Today we had a major power grid failure where I live in the Netherlands. This caused the voltage to rise to abnormal values before completely failing.

[image]

[image]

You can see that it disconnected multiple times from the grid due to under voltage. When it disconnected from grid for over voltage, it turned off shortly after switching to "inverting".

The power in the house (behind critical) turned off, and I right away headed over to the victron equipment. It was in the following alarm mode:
VE.Bus Error: VE.Bus Error 10: System time synchronization problem occurred

In the manual its mentioned as not a real error, usually during system reboot. However, there is no other alarm created before that one. What caused the system to reboot?

The idea is that victron acts as a UPS, it works fine when I disconnect the grid via the breakers. But when an actual situation occurs where it's needed, it fails to protect completely, at least in the UPS part. It probably actually did protect my house from the over voltage that in my sister's house caused some electronics to break.

Do I have too high expectations of the system?

Additionally, my transfer switch settings, are they too loose?

[image]

Marco Nijholt asked
Marco Nijholt edited ·

0 Answers

MultiPlus PC backup Inverter size and load

I want to make a backup system for my PC+Server but i really don't know what size inverter i should chose.

My normal load is 450W-550W but when everything is on max usage it's around 900-1000W. So i'm wondering if a 800VA multiplus would handle being overloaded to around 1000W for about 10 seconds

xpatrik asked
xpatrik commented ·

1 Answer

Verständnissfrage unterbrechungsfreie Stromversorgung

Kann mir jemand erklären wie die unterbrechungsfreie Stromversorgung mit einem 3 phasigen System funktioniert, wenn ESS aktiviert ist und die Multiplus nur am AC in angebunden sind?

Sowie ich das verstehe fällt ja Grid aus, die Multis schalten auf Inverter und speisen dann trotzdem über AC in ins Hausnetz ein (drei große Fragezeichen) ???

dirkvongracefacrory asked
maha commented ·

2 Answers

Does the Victron system perform full UPS function?

I am new to this and my system was only commissioned at my holiday house a few weeks ago. My setup currently runs on solar all day (unless the weather is bad) and battery all night (unless the battery drops below 40%) other than 300 watts per hour of grid power. If the gird fails, my circuits which are designated as critical loads will run from the battery and 40% of the battery will give them around 8 hours. It appears to me (based on a few weeks of monitoring) that the system will be on “grid only“ power for about 10% of the time (presumably more in winter) and probably increasing to about 60% of the time when we are actually using the holiday home.

My understanding (and I may be wrong!) is that the system will protect from poor quality power (surges, high voltage etc.) from the grid when the battery is in use and when the solar is in use but not when the power consumed is “grid only”. Assuming this is correct, is there any way to protect the critical loads from dirty power all the time using the system or does one need a separate stand alone UPS?

Thanks in advance from a real newbie!

sa-victron-user asked
Henrik answered ·

4 Answers

Multiplus Inverter/Charger 3RU/4RU Design?

Hi Victron,

Andy from Master Instruments here in Australia.

I wanted to ask if there is any thought in possibly looking at producing a 3RU/4RU rack mount Inverter/Charger option at all in the future?

Below is an example which is being implemented in traffic light UPS systems.

Looking forward to a response and thank you for your time.

Andrew Robinson

[image]

Andrew asked
Andrew answered ·

3 Answers

Enable UPS Function with ESS

I have an MP2 installed with solar, battery and mains/grid connection.

When the mains fails my computer turns off? (Lights etc seem to stay on, I don't even notice a flicker, but my computer restarts.

This shouldn't happen.

However, when I open Ve Configure, I see the UPS function is no longer there under grid? I assume this is because I have ESS mode enabled?

[image]

[image]

dylan-hyslop asked
shaneyake commented ·

3 Answers

Quattro 24/5000 UPS not functioning from Grid to inverter

Hello all,

I am new to the forum but not new to inverter equipment. I have recently replaced my older inverter on my boat with a Quatto 24/5000 with GX unit, MK3 and 2 x 100/30 solar chargers connected to 6X 200 W panels.

The difficulty I am having is the unit has a delay when switching from shore power to inverter. I loose the clock on my microwave and if I have any loads on they stop until the inverter picks them up. I have enabled UPS function as per below. am I missing something?

Up date.... it only happens during loads like the water maker or when the microwave is on. When there is very little load like PC it works fine.

Thanks Steve

[image]

screwdriversteve asked
screwdriversteve edited ·

0 Answers

UPS functionality (split phase system)

Hi, I'm about to purchase a Sol-Ark 12k (4800w per leg) because of the all-in-one easy setup and Im certain it will resolved my situation. A friend stop me and suggested Victron because the Sol-Ark includes many features that I wont be using and will be paying extra for them.

I'm looking to have UPS functionality when the grid goes down for at least 24 hrs. I will use Homegrid 19.2 kWh stackable batteries that will be charged with the grid. Its for an apartment. No solar panels. I need 48v system for 120/240 with split phase power. Grid passthru is a must. Just one inverter. Im avoiding installing inverters in parallel because of a higher idle consumption and no solar power to compensate. The Sol-ark consumes 60w in idle. If any member could help will be greatly appreciated!

the loads in an outage:

• refrigerator (inverter), led lights, wifi router, smart tv 55", cellphone and laptop charging and a mini split inverter a/c 18k btu (220v). The ac will be running for 5 hours or less.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/60dfb9b2e239537df08db4ca/t/62633bcb385110598db28433/1650670541389/Stack%27d%2BSeries%2B_Updated_04.22.22.pdf

charlie asked
lifeingalicia answered ·

1 Answer

Quatro 15 kW UPS system - Ii it approved for AS 4777.2

Hi Guys

I'm reading that the Victron inverters are not approved under AS4777.2 for grid connection (ESS).

Dose this apply if its just setting up a 15 kW Quatro as a UPS system and not wanting to export energy to the grid ?

Can i still get STCs if i connect a fronius inverter on the output side of the Quatro, as its approved and would help charge the batteries in off grid mode.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Alex Manley asked
Rob Duthie commented ·

0 Answers

Building a UPS

I am building a double conversion UPS using a 120V to 12 volt power supply to the solar panel input in a Victron SmartSolar MPPT to a 12V to 120V inverter, and a LiFePO4 12 volt 100AH battery. This will supply power to 3 computers. Any thoughts? I see that @markus looked at this before. Any others? My three computers use about 300 watts and my inverter can go to 2000 watts.

Thank you.

david-yeager asked

0 Answers

MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 with LiFePO4 and DalyBMS not doing correct absorption cycles

I have a Multiplus with 16 cells of LiFePO4 batteries (48V setup), hooked up to a Daly SmartBMS.

[image]

Currently it is setup as a UPS. Following settings are used:

[image]

And on the panel ESS mode is active with following settings:

[image]

Scheduled charging is on at 24/7.

I have not put it on 'keep batteries charged' because that gives very strange errors, hence it is on 'Optimized' with minimum SOC 100%.

The BMS

Now I see the following when the system gets to 100% SOC, when it does the trickle charging as set above, however it exceeds the 55V and runs to 56V (goes above the absorption voltage?) and that is the moment the Daly BMS over voltage protection disconnects the battery which results in a short blackout until the entire system restarts:

[image]

In detail:

[image]

Anyone any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks!

frefre82 asked
utzm answered ·

2 Answers

Generator to battery

Hi all

we have a setup where batteries are the main supply and then a generator is supplied once we reach a state of charge of 30%. we are using quattro 48/15000/200.

we seem to be having issues where when the system switches back to the batteries we have a blip in power causing interruptions to kit. is there a way to alter the any settings to stop this interuption.

we have already tried the UPS function to no avail.

kind regards

matt23 asked
JohnC answered ·

2 Answers

54 Posts
50 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

JohnC
130 Points
lifeingalicia
60 Points