vrm portal Image

vrm portal

This topic has been merged into VRM . Please use VRM when editing or creating new content.

IMT Irradiance Sensor - Cerbo GX - Not Connecting Properly

I am working on a small solar and 12V battery system using a SmartSolar Charger, Phoenix Inverter, and SmartShunt. This is intended to be a solar power demonstration unit so it would be very helpful to measure irradiance and cell temperature with an IMT sensor and have a few Si-RS485TC-2T-v-MB available.

However, I am having trouble getting the sensor to connect properly. I am using the official FTDI USB-RS485-WE-5000-BT adapter as recommended and it can be seen and seems to connect for a couple seconds every minute or so but no readings show up. The sensor is powered directly from 12V battery voltage.

I had attempted this using a Raspberry Pi running Venus OS as described here:https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/113640/imt-irradiance-sensor-venus-os-raspberry-pi-not-co.html but have switched over to a Cerbo GX in order to attempt to rectify this problem with no change in the behavior.

Sensor shows up but shows "Not Connected":

[image]

Does seem to connect every ~1-2 minutes but nothing shows up:

[image]

[image]

I have no trouble accessing the sensor using Si Modbus Configurator from my PC and can read values from it. I do see the G value change when shining a light on it. Everything seems to be configured properly there according to https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/installation.html#UUID-d4b7dfe9-4ee0-53bc-8959-c567ed63cebb and the IMT application note.

[image]

[image]

The VRM does show "Meteorological sensor [1] Product Id" to be b030 after connection but nothing else in the data export.

Pretty stumped as the device is seems to be recognized but not getting any data through. Any ideas to help me troubleshoot this?

tan-tonge asked

0 Answers

VRM doesn't show voltage if Multiplus is off.

The Multiplus is connected to the Cerbo via VE bus utp. The BMV712 Smart is connected to the Cerbo via VE-direct. BMV712 is connected with the householdbattery and also via the auxiliaryport with the vehicle-batteries.

On the advanced tab of VRM i can see both voltages all the time and also on the dashboard but i can only see the voltage of the householdbattery in the box below when the multiplus is on. If the multiplus is off the box is blank. The question is what connection or setting do i have to make to see the householdvoltage all the time in the box below on the dashboard?

[image]

thtruck asked
thtruck edited ·

1 Answer

Incorrect battery temperature displayed on VRM

[image]

Pylontech batteries sitting at 15c degrees on ccgx,however the VRM is indicating -273 c degrees!

[image]

Mark asked
Mark commented ·

2 Answers

VRM grid lost alarm will not clear

I labelled my Quattro AC input 1 as ‘shore power’, then set up an alarm rule on my CCGX where all input labels (not available, grid, generator, shore power) were enabled.

When I disconnected my shore power, the CCGX and VRM gave me ‘grid lost’ alarms. I acknowledged the alarm on the CCGX and reconnected shore power but it took a reset to clear the CCGX, and I can’t clear it on the VRM.

I’ve tried deleting the rule and setting up a new one, re-labelling my input as ‘grid’ to see if that’ll clear it - no luck.

Any advice appreciated - would like to clear from the VRM.

bullox asked
steve-carter answered ·

14 Answers

VRM Login problems

I cannot login to vrm portal

I have an account which worked successfully for over a year...and also on the app on my phone

I wanted to change some settings so attempted to login to the vrm portal however i couldn't remember my password

I though a simple password reset would fix this however no mater how many times i go through the process of getting the email and setting a new password i am now unable to login either through chrome or my iphone app

tas6 asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) commented ·

2 Answers

VRM App not Working

Customers and our team members are reporting the VRM app not working. Either we get a white screen or it pops open a browser window to the VRM product page on the Victron website. This behaviour was first aeen earlier today.

We can currently only use VRM in browser.

Warwick Bruce Chapman asked
Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

5 Answers

FEATURE REQUEST: List Serial Numbers of VE.Bus Devices in Device List

Presently, the only way to get VE.Bus device serial numbers is to download the Remote VE.Configure file and inspect with VE.Configure / System Configurator.

In single inverter, systems, could we list the serial number on the Device List in VRM and "Device" in remote console?

For parallel, multi-phase or multi-phase parallel systems, perhaps we could have collapsed [+] listing like:

L1 Master: HQ210101xxxxx
L1 Slave 1: HQ210101yyyyy
L1 Slave 2: HQ210101zzzzz

L2 Master: HQ210102xxxxx
L2 Slave 1: HQ210102yyyyy
L2 Slave 2: HQ210102zzzzz

L3 Master: HQ210103xxxxx
L3 Slave 1: HQ210103yyyyy
L3 Slave 2: HQ210103zzzzz

Warwick Bruce Chapman asked
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

1 Answer

VRM App Login “Stay signed-in” doesn’t work anymore with app on IOS

VRM portal ask everytime for email ansd password even if the box “Stay signed-in“ is checked With App on iPhone and iPad

steve777 asked
steve777 commented ·

3 Answers

VRM Dashboard new thing " Time To Go " under Battery section ? , appeared and vanished

[image]

[image]

Hi

Just noticed this today , appeared and disappeared within a minute.

Anyone know what that is relating to ?

Work in progress?

I am guessing time to go Batteries to full charge at current charge state ( when they are charging ) and Time to go before batteries fully depleat at current discharge state?

teloth asked
Mark Maritz commented ·

1 Answer

VRM app log in issues on iOS

The last couple of days I’ve had to log into the VRM app every time I try to use it. Close the app and open again and I have to log in every time. Any ideas?

chris-john asked
chris-john answered ·

3 Answers

Realtime Reporting has just stopped

I have been successfully monitoring my onboard solar system on my RV for months now using the VRM Portal and just a few days ago it just stopped. I was in my RV just yesterday and was able to monitor the system locally just fine and determined the network in the RV is functioning. The portal shows data from 8 months ago and has not updated since but then is then switches to realtime reporting and I then get updated to the second stats but that process has now stopped.

Is there a process to kickstart realtime reporting?

bcoffel asked
kevgermany answered ·

3 Answers

VRM Suggestion - Display dates in Local Format (i.e in the WHATS NEW panel)

The WHATS NEW pop up panel in VRM is great - However it doesn't seem to display dates in our local format - Currently its bugging me because the dates are in US format: MM/DD/YYYY.

Surely you can format depending on the viewers location :-)

Pretty Please.

David asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

2 Answers

Why is vrm charts smoothed?

edit post to clarify.

1. VRM shows useless presentation of data.

2. Short peak data is not even in the raw excel data.

for problem 1. See the picture of SOC over a month Periode.

when looking at this you think the all charges goes to 99-100%?

but they do... where ever you zoom in, will show the same as picture 2.

Beside that is a problem that the system really not catching peak loads for analyzing.

question is for Victron... as its not a support question, but in bug categori..

here is marked in the view what have zoom, compare to non zoom view.
as you can see, the presentation of soc in the one month overview is useless.

same problem for all other data. Load, kwatt, peaks etc. Its really useless for actual analyzing work.

[image]

[image]

Closed

Rune Eilertsen asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) commented ·

3 Answers

Change of vrm password

Hi, tried to change my password and now cannot login to the vrm portal.

mhuusko asked
costasjoannides commented ·

3 Answers

Remote VE Configure setting not available even if VRM two-way communication is set to on

[image]

I have av Cerbo GX and activated two-way communication but the button for VE Config is not available in the VRM portal. What setting is missing?

[image]

peder-jacobsen asked
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

2 Answers

SmartShunt DC Energy Meter question

I know this is still brand new and may not be in a production release yet but is anyone using a SmartShunt in DC Energy Meter mode to monitor a 3rd party solar controller? Does it show up on the monitor screen (CCGX/Touch 50)? How about the VRM? I would assume there is or will be a Voltage/Current widget for it?

I'm running the V2.80~33 beta of Venus OS on my Cerbo.

Thx

kamflyer asked
nebulight commented ·

4 Answers

How to set up and connect to VRM

I am new to Victron and have a MPPT VE 150/100 Solar Charge Controller and a Smart Shunt on my battery. I have both set up to Victron Connect and while in blue tooth range can get data on both units. When I try and set up VRM, I get "No devices found". I have my own wifi router through cellular which both my phone and tablet (put connect on both) are logged into, but I cannot figure out how to remotely monitor my solar. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

J Davis asked
J Davis answered ·

3 Answers

VRM App opens safari since update

Since my iPhone updated the VRM app it’s just opening Safari and taking me to the VRM login page.

anyone else having this issue?

thanks

davidl asked
Alain Ross commented ·

5 Answers

emulating EM24 ethernet meter via modbusTCP server

Hello all,

I have been trying to include a 3rd party generator into the VRM.

For this I set up a modbusTCP server and populated it with the data from the generator
(modbus memory map as defined in this doc => EM24_E1 (Ethernet) COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL (Version 0 Revision 1.2)).

I could detect the emulated meter and connect to it as described here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:em24-eth.

It shows up in the device list as "CG EM24 Ethernet Energy Meter" and after configuring the device as "PV inverter", the data (U,I,P) also show up in the widgets and dashboard as intended.

What I do not understand, however, is why the device in the remote console shows as "Not Connected" and all data in the associated submenue (AC Phase 1, ... AC totals, ... Energy L3) show "--" (no value).

REM: no intention to replace the 485 connected ESS grid-meter ET340 - the emulation is actually just intended for correct viewing of the setup in the dashboad/advanced overview.

FW-version is 2.73

Thanks a lot for any any help and suggestion!

Kind regards - Volker

Volker asked
markw-1 commented ·

0 Answers

Fronius Inverter does not appear on VRM portal, why ?

Hi,

The Fronius inverter is shown on the Venus but not on the VRM portal or it does in advanded but now in the overview

[image]

Above shows the Fronius and VRM portal below doesnt show it :

[image]

but in theVRM portal i see following in Advanced :

[image]

and here it's not shown :

[image]

What could be the reason ?

peternielsen asked
peternielsen commented ·

7 Answers

Deleting only old data from VRM

At our test site we have upgraded our off grid system to three phase with new batteries. We had the Cerbo GX hooked a a few times last year for testing, so it still shows that old data on the portal. Is there any way to delete old data based on a date range? (I.e. we only want the portal to show this year and on)

thanks in advance for any advice

timb-nuncats asked
timb-nuncats edited ·

0 Answers

How to remove location from VRM

Hi
Temporally I connected a USB GPS to my CCGX.
But now it is not connected anymore, it's location still stays in the VRM portal.

Not so logic, on a boat ;-)

harold asked
devodave answered ·

1 Answer

Rename devices in VRM Portal so emails tell the Name and not port

I get emails that say "PROBLEM - Boat: Digital input alarm on Digital input"

I have no idea what is alarming, is there a way to rename the email alerts to say "Bilge"

richpeirce asked
alexv answered ·

2 Answers

Missing data when internet was not connected.

Hi,

The internet at the customer site went down as did the mains power., The system was functional during the whole time as there are 10kwh LiP04 batteries and virtually no load to speak of. The internet connection is back up yet I have missing data for about 15 days.

Set up is 36 x 320W PV Panels 5kva Multiplus, 3 x 150 MPPT, GX Colour Control, 10kwh LiP04 battery. What could the reason be for the missing data. We log every 15 min and do not have a micro SD card installed yet have 26.43M bytes of free disk space. Will adding a SD card help and if so what is the recommeded size?

[image]

[image]

abosman asked
bonie-wanda answered ·

7 Answers

Lynx BMS and Battery data missing on VRM

Hello,

I am still trying to debug my new setup ,

I have a <LYNX bms, 3x200 smart Li, Cerbo gx and a Multiplus

All firm ware is current

I have not been able to get almost any of the VE Can data from the LYNX BMS on VRM. all the VE BUS and Venus data appears. I have activated all the widgets. Id really like to be able to see cell voltage and temp

[image]

Ive re read all the manuals and cant figure this out

Thoughts?

gringosailingexpeditions asked
gringosailingexpeditions commented ·

1 Answer

Why my VRM portal is doubling pv production?

Multipluus 5000

Fronius gen 24 ( mod bus connected, via wifi)

Polyntech bateries

Whem the pv sustém is working, the vrm portal shows the prosuction but nultiplied by 2 (apeox).

Also , when the pv production is higher than the loads, this value is added to the pv production.

Also in the history of the day, the pv square does not appear.

Anyone knows or having similar situation?

dario-emanuel asked

0 Answers

Battery Temperature sensor data in the VRM

I am looking under the advanced feature tab in the VRM and see a section titled “Battery Temperature Sensor 277”. Which sensor do I use in order to see data in this field. I have a 3k multi and a Cerbo. Any help will be appreciated.

wenlar asked
wenlar commented ·

1 Answer

Howto remove a temperature sensor widget in VRM?

Took a ruuvi temperature sensor out of range from the Cerbo GX. Deleted the sensor in the Remote Console. Rebooted the Cerbo. Everything worked over there as it should and expected. However, the deleted sensor stays depicted in the VRM dashboard. Running Venus OS 2.80~33.

PS. Do like this functionality (be able to use ruuvi sensors) very much!

Rob Westermann asked
seb71 commented ·

1 Answer

VRM “time since last full charge” alarm rule

Curious why in an alarm rule the “time since last full charge” displays as a decimal and not hh:mm format?

Also, does anybody have recommend values for this alarm rule? (Low, clear low alarm above, high & clear high alarm below)

My build…All Victron. 2x200ah Smart Lithium, Smart BMS CL 12/100, Cerbo GX, GX Touch 50, Multiplus 12/3000, SmartShunt500A, SmartSolar charger MPPT 100/50, Load and charge smart battery protects.

Settings…absorption at 14.2V for 1.5 hours with float at 13.5V.

Best Regards…Jonathan

Jonathan asked

0 Answers

View power generated from generator in VRM App

Is it possible on the VRM app to view how much power has come from the generator? It used to show it as from grid but since I changed ac1 to be generator I can’t seem to find anything to say how much power has come from the generator. I have a Multiplus ii gx and am totally off grid.

many thanks.

davidl asked
Al edited ·

1 Answer

Followers

1018 Posts
197 Users
2 Followers

Topic Experts

Teun Lassche
1396 Points