question

guntherb avatar image
guntherb asked

No realtime data on VRM Portal

Since this morning no realtime data is showing on the main page of the VRM Portal. It seems to be refresh problem.

However on the remote console, I can see the realtime data.

The access to the Controls is not working neither. Is trying to connect and at the end a message "No realtime connection available" is popping up.

Someone else having the same behaviour?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Generally if it can't connect in real-time (and this is required for the controls to work) it is down to a bad internet connection.

Check the basics, like wifi strength (if you're not wired), or try a lan cable, reboot the cerbo, or even your home router.

When this is a VRM issue, it will affect a lot of people and we tend to know about it.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

guntherb avatar image guntherb commented ·

Thanks for your prompt advice, but it would be too nice to be true.

I am on a lan (not on wifi). I restarted my home router and restarted the Cerbo. I have a good internet connection.

Behaviour on VRM portal: In the dashboard under the label "Last updated" I see first "realtime" and than it is suddenly switching to "connecting". Afterwards it changes to eg "a few seconds ago".

Yesterday, I configured D-ESS with dynamic prices (before I had a fixed price contract) for Belgium. Something related?
The VRM portal is updating but not realtime. I didn't change anything on the communication settings.

Could you give me more advice on that topic? Before never had a problem on that matter.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ guntherb commented ·
Which version are you on? Did you update recently? If so, try rollback to the backup version.

Also under settings vrm, try disable the vrm option, then enable it again.

For DESS, please look at the dedicated beta thread in the modifications section.

If you are not using the beta cerbo software, you really need to update to it for DESS to work (more) reliably - I am aware there have been issues recently.

0 Likes 0 ·
whafa avatar image whafa guntherb commented ·
Hi, I am having the very same problem and symptoms, starting from maybe the same time -- I first noticed it two days ago but hadn't used my Real Time settings for a week or two. It's not the network, something else is wrong. Have you figured it out? TIA
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi

@GuntherB - I checked your site and VRM realtime data appeared to work. Does it happen periodically, or consistently? Could you try on another machine with a different network connection (such as your phone on 4G)?

@Whafa - I checked your site and could not get VRM realtime data to work, I have forwarded it to the VRM team to investigate

2 comments
2 |3000

whafa avatar image whafa commented ·
Hi Guy, not sure whether it was your intervention or just random chance, but my VRM Real Time menu came back today. I've been checking periodically, not necessarily daily but it was fairly recently still broken. Either way, problem solved and please extend my thanks to the techs who fixed it, if appropriate! Thanks to you, too!
1 Like 1 ·
Thanks for reporting back. I am not sure if anything was changed on our end, though I know that engineers did investigate.
0 Likes 0 ·
guntherb avatar image
guntherb answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Thanks for your answer. In the meantime, all works fine. I upgraded to the latest beta version. I changed also the buy and sell formula, because the formula wasn't correct.

2 |3000

nyhaddad avatar image
nyhaddad answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I am having the same issue since early March. Can you please assist?

2 |3000

John avatar image
John answered ·

Just to add another voice to this - I have not seen the realtime data menu for a while now - so would be interested to know why and if there is a fix. I've been managing without - but was interested to give DESS a try and that but the option to toggle it on in the VRM settings menu is greyed out. I've upgraded to 3.31 on Cerbo to try to address both, but makes not difference.

2 |3000