question

Michael Bergström avatar image
Michael Bergström asked

Realtime temperature update Bug - VRM

• Page calculated temperature wrong (or recalculated after page is completely loaded). See the pictures/clip:

In the IOS Widget, the temperature is correct, but on the dashboard, it recalculates after page is completely loaded, look at the Residence temp in the recorded clip.

fullsizerender.jpg

VRMvrm bug
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

They are not calculated, just reported/displayed.

Is the residence temperature sensor a Bluetooth one?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Michael Bergström avatar image
Michael Bergström answered ·

Yes they are Bluetooth.

The strange thing is that the IOS widget reports the correct temperature, but the VRM webpage changes the temperature in front of my eyes, when the page is completely loaded. Just as the videoclip shows. It first shows the correct one, 6.3, then changes to 6.8 and then changes to 6.4, and this behavior is only shown on the first temperature value, not the other ones, while the IOS widget shows the correct value all the time.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I would imagine as @nickdb says they are more static. Temperatures are not values that change rapidly (or shouldn't be) like solar and others.

So wont be as realtime as other figures need to be. Remember it has to stream from your install to the vrm then back to you. So there are quite a few considerations here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Bergström avatar image Michael Bergström Alexandra ♦ commented ·

To clarify, I don’t think that the data is realtime, I know that it’s a periodic update from the Bluetooth temperature probe to WRM, and that the update on the VRM page is also periodic. But it dosent change the fact, that when the page is loaded, the first tepetraure that is shown are correct, end then it gets altered. Right now, inte the logs on the unit it self, last reported temperature from the temperature probe ID 0 is 11.8, but the WRM page shows 8.1 (it briefly shows 11.8 during page loading, but changes after a second or two), and this is a strange behaviour, and only appears on the probe with ID 0, all other show the correct temperature.

During more intense testing, I see that on ID 0, it alters back and forth between 8.1 and 11.8, even if there is no update from the probe its self.

Ill look in to, if an can alter the ID in VRM, to see if the behaviour then follows the probe, or is dependent on the ID its given by VRM (this is what I suspect, that its only ID 0 that will have this odd behaviour).

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

IOS widget is continually pulling/refreshing the values when it decides to check. It would appear that is a static element on VRM, since the page isn't being reloaded it isn't updating.

2 |3000

Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@Michael Bergström

Have you tried with a different browser or mobile app and with another device?

I don't have any issues but then, I have only 2 temperature probes which are hardwired.

In my experience, the widget figures are never the latest because they come from VRM but they don't update as frequently.

In turn, VRM never generates its own figures. It reports what it gets from the GX console. Of course, there can be faults in how the data is rendered.

For an accurate comparison, don't use the widget but use the remote console.

Rule out browser or device issues.

Fideri

2 comments
2 |3000

Michael Bergström avatar image Michael Bergström commented ·

So what I did to remove the browser from the equation was the following:

• Checked value via remote console, value for Residence: 12 (rounded in GUI)
  • Logged in on SSH, and use bus-spy, value for Residence: 12.4375
  • VRM portal in Chrome, Safari, Edge, value for Residence: 10.3

So there is something in the VRM portal that causes the temperature to be displayed incorrectly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image Fideri Michael Bergström commented ·
VRM seems to have a problem. I'm also curious to know why the difference with GX.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources