BlueSolar PWM Image

BlueSolar PWM

How to connect bluesolar mppt 150/85 and smartsolar ve.can 150/85

System : Color Control GX, MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100,SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 150/85 rev2

I want to connect a spare bluesolar mppt 150/85 with new panels for the east side, as my north-west generation only fully performs around 13:30.

Is it possible to connect and "old" bluesolar and smartsolar ve.can together on the same Color Control GX?

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 07.16.26.jpeg

potgieter asked
potgieter edited ·

0 Answers

3 Answers

How to launch equalization on a PWM Pro controller ?

I'd like to refresh some old 12v batteries with an equalization, I bought the PWM Pro for this purpose, but I see no way to launch it as I can do with, for example my TriStar MPTT where I just have a button to press.
This is not an ad for the Tristar, I love Victron products....

The software does not seem to allow this either (at least it's not explained in the software manual). I have a raspberry with a RS485 interface if there's any open-source documentation on the PWM-Pro COM protocol.

dom-guardiola asked

0 Answers

BlueSolar 75/10 Malfunction?

Hello

I have a had a BlueSolar 75/10 in my camper van (VW T4 Westfalia) for four years now, and up to now it has worked really well. Solar panel is 60w.

However, on a recent trip I was on a campsite - sunny day, had driven some distance, and on electric hookup - and I noticed the voltage display was flashing and reading 15.1v. Previously, in these circumstances the display would have registered float voltage (13.8v, occasionally 13.9v or rarely 14.0v). I was concerned about overcharging the battery so I disconnected the hook up, but the 15.1v soon returned. The battery itself wasn't warm, but I wasn't taking any chances, so I disconnected the Victron for the rest of the trip. No further problems (i.e. 13.8v/13.9v on hookup, lots of charge from the split charge relay), leading me to believe that the Victron could be faulty.

Now I've returned home, and the days are less sunny (and no hookup), I've reconnected the Victron and it's steadily building up (13.3v at the moment from 12.9v a couple of days ago).

Is there an issue with the Victron, or is the flashing 15.1v something I can ignore, as maybe the battery is absolutely at full charge and the Victron has cut out?

Grateful for any help/advice!

ega95jch asked
ega95jch edited ·

1 Answer

various PWM Charge Controller input sources

Instruction manual for Manual for BlueSolar PWM Charge Controller – LCD - USB shows on page 2 the warning:

BlueSolar Charge Controller is only suitable for regulating solar modules.
Never connect another charging source to the charge BlueSolar Charge
Controller.

while the user manual Manual BlueSolar PWM-Light 48V Charge Controller does not contain this warning.

What happens if we connect a 80V battery instead of solar panels to the input ? Possibly the reverse polarity protection will blow in case of accidental wrong connection but shouldnt it start charging any battery with voltages 24/48V ?

janvi asked
janvi edited ·

3 Answers

PWM Charge Controller LCD&USB : arrow blinking?

Hi,

I recently bought a BlueSolar PWM Charge Controller LCD&USB 12/24-5. Now, I'm using it with a 20 Wp solar panel and a 12V/24Ah VRLA battery. It's going well. But I have a question.

Sometime, on the LCD display, the left arrow, the one between the solar panel and the battery (also called "charging symbol" in the manual) is blinking. Moreover, there seems to be two different blinking speeds. I didn't found any explanation. So, what does the blinking of the charging arrow means?

Cheers

Eric

eric-s asked
jokees answered ·

3 Answers

Does a BlueSolar PWM 48V 30A need to be in the light?

I built a pontoon boat with a 48V outboard and the SLAs were not getting the job done so we are changing to lithium. I am adding a cobbled together solar charging system and was planning to mount the BlueSolar PWM 48V 30A inside the console. Will this work? If not, will a small daylight source (a hole) work?

lonebeagle asked
lonebeagle answered ·

2 Answers

Victron PWM LCD duo PV voltage problem

Hello. I've connected 2 new 95Ah AGM batteries and 12V 100W panel to Victron PWM LCD duo regulator (20A). When I connect everything in correct sequence PV voltage shows around 13,2 V and batteries are being charged at the same voltage (1,5 - 2A). When I messure voltage directly on + and - cable from panel I get reading around 20V. Regulator program iz set to B01 (AGM). I have even tried another regulator and same thing happend. Is this ok? Sky is celar and sun is high. Batteries where new and almost full. Thank you very much.

emilijanenko asked
emilijanenko edited ·

2 Answers

Blue Solar pwm 30 amp dropping pv charge

I'm have a 30 amp 12 v pwm blue solar charge controller that is new. Will be charging well. Come back an hour later and less than half charge. Reconfigure from lifepo4 to gel and immediately recovers for an hour or two the drops again. Reconfigure back or any battery alternative and full amperage recovered. Im using 2x 160 w 36 cell panels in parallel with 120 lifepo4 battery with 40 amp bms. System works fine with cheap pwm from china not designed for lifepo4. Its as if system goes into absorption mode even on lifepo4 after a few hours

Any advice please

howard-dunbar asked

0 Answers

Blue Solar PWM 10A light not charging properly or rationing charge in low light.

When new, this charger charged continuously in full or low sunlight, through the appropriate stages until it reached float.

Now 2 years later, if the battery is only slightly discharged but I have full sun it will charge as expected. If a cloud then covers the sun, instead of still charging continuously right when I need all the power I can get, the charge disconnects and reconnects about once per second. I can see this on an ammeter measuring the current from the solar panel. Hence I am only getting about half the charge that is available.

Why does the charger ration the power to the battery right when I need it to put all the possible charge through? Can I change something to make it charge continuously without have to bypass the charge controller? I have no load connections in use so the charger is simply there to charge the battery.

jimn asked
howard-dunbar answered ·

2 Answers

BlueSolar PWM arrow fast blinking

I have a BlueSolar PWM Charge Controller – LCD - USB and a generic PWM charing the same LiFEPO battery with build in BMS (LionTron).

Very often when the sun shines, the BlueSolar 's arrow between the Solar Panel icon and Battery starts blinking fast. ( not the slow float blinking, but fast like 4x per second ). The charge current is also low (but not zero).

When I reset the PWM ( disconnect solar panel and battery / Or switch between B4 and B5 and back, so PWM reboots ) the blinking stops and the PWM charges maximum current.

I wonder why it is doing that. There is no mention about fast blinking in the manual. I asked the question to Victron through my reseller, but that did not get me an answer.

Does anybody know what this blinking means ?

Thanks.

wdv asked
jokees answered ·

1 Answer

USB power for Victron BlueSolar PWM Charge Controller (DUO) LCD & USB

Is the USB powered by just the solar or the battery too, if it is battery is it via Battery 1, then Battery 2? Does it cut off at a certain voltage? I want to hook a fan via USB up to the controller but I don't want it to kill my batteries if left unattended for longer periods of time.

Thanks!

acnice asked

0 Answers

Bluesolar MPPT 150/70 not producing max when with load

Hi. I have just setted up a system with BlueSolar MPPT 150/70 and two Multi C 2000 @ 24v with 4x445 panels (1780w) connected with a 600h SOPZ bank.

I started it up and saw the BlueSolar bringing in ~200W, since the batteries where almost charged by the Multis via the grid.

I then put some load on the inverter, up to 1.5Kw and I noticed the BlueSolar was not producing more than ~420w, therefore drawing rest from batteries. At that time the panel voltage was at 92V , o a summer sunny noon.

Is there something wrong in the setup , do I need to do any further configuration?

Thanks!

Minas Papageorgiou asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

2 Answers

Bluesolar PWM error

Hi all,

I have done a search but can't find an answer relevant.

I have a BlueSolar Charge Controller-LCD-USB 12V-20A.

It has started showing a flashing error message L5C (or maybe LSC) as shown in the image below. "L" in the manual relates to the output load and sunset etc which doesn't appear relevant.

It doesn't appear in the error codes listed in the manual and I can't see anything useful on Google. It also doesn't appear to have any issues with the operation as it takes charge from the panels, and the loads which come via this unit.

Thanks for any help which can be offered.

[image]

davith asked
mi-roberth answered ·

4 Answers

Bluesolar DUO with different batteries - e.g. Li & AGM

1) Would it be possible to have two different types of batteries with Bluesolar DUO? For example 12V LiFePO4 and 12V AGM battery or then two AGM batteries with different sizes.

2) Also is there any output for battery cut-off at low voltage on Bluesolar DUO? Of course I want to keep my batteries without getting to too low voltage... Even a separate relay would be ok, but I would not like to build the logic for that (Battery Protect device is too expensive also).

3) How about two batteries of same type & capacity (Li, AGM or so), but having one completely empty and other one full. Example: You connect the full or empty battery on bank 2, while the othe one in bank 1 is in different state, what happens?

avaruuslehmipoika asked

0 Answers

67 Posts
62 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

johanndo
50 Points