BlueSolar PWM Image

BlueSolar PWM

BlueSolar PWM Lade-Regler (DUO) LCD&USB observation

Hello everybody,

I'm interested in BlueSolar PWM Lade-Regler (DUO) LCD&USB and like to observe the amount of capacity going into the batteries.

Is there an option to integrate it in Cerbo GX which I have?

Thank you very much for your help

Jens

jjm asked

0 Answers

Can PWM Light Stay Connected During Generator Engine Start?

I'm curious if my PWM Light bluesolar (for 12v battery) charge controller is okay to stay connected with an autostart feature on the 32kva genset. Or should I keep the generator off until disconnecting the two solar panels before using the battery to start? Normally this setup is for a battery for camping, but the generator batteries usually are dead before I need the generator and tired of having to jumpstart from a vehicle.

I'm currently using the PWM on H (manual) setting, but if there is a recommendation of a different setting for my setup would appreciate hearing. Thank you

bkoon asked

0 Answers

Very high self consumption !?

I'm running a BlueSolar pwm LCD-USB 10a controller in my bicycle trailer with a 30w panel and 8ah LiFePO4 battery, all new.

Battery was draining quickly in storage (only whilst connected to controller, alone it holds charge), thinking it must be a short in my circuitry and not a problem with a new Victron I disconnected all my circuits one by one until finally disconnecting load wires completely from the controller, but it still shows 0.5-0.6a load. Battery is connected directly to controller and to nothing else. All circuits are switched and connect to load terminals but even with both load terminals disconnected the controller still shows 0.5a constant draw, which stops if I deactivate the load output from controller.

Do I have a faulty unit? I read self consumption is 10mA in the manual. I feel like a half amp draw whilst load terminals are active but disconnected isn't right, and it renders my system unfit for purpose as my battery won't last long days with the extra draw of leaving load terminals active.

Any explanation or similar experiences? Thanks

[image]

phat-boy101 asked
snoobler answered ·

1 Answer

BlueSolar PWM High self draw (0.5a load with nothing connected)

I'm running a BlueSolar pwm LCD-USB 10a controller in my bicycle trailer with a 30w panel and 8ah LiFePO4 battery, all new.

Battery was draining quickly in storage (only whilst connected to controller, alone it holds charge), thinking it must be a short in my circuitry and not a problem with a new Victron I disconnected all my circuits one by one until finally disconnecting load wires completely from the controller, but it still shows 0.5-0.6a load. Battery is connected directly to controller and to nothing else. All circuits are switched and connect to load terminals but even with both load terminals disconnected the controller still shows 0.5a constant draw, which stops if I deactivate the load output from controller.

Do I have a faulty unit? I read self consumption is 10mA in the manual. I feel like a half amp draw whilst load terminals are active but disconnected isn't right, and it renders my system unfit for purpose as my battery won't last long days with the extra draw of leaving load terminals active.

Any explanation or similar experiences? Thanks

[image]

phat-boy101 asked
phat-boy101 answered ·

1 Answer

BlueSolar MPPT with handwritten marks on new units ???

Received two new BlueSolar MPPT 150/35 with handwritten permanent marks on back. Is this normal?

IMG_20221028_125457.jpg IMG_20221028_125511.jpg IMG_20221103_173812.jpg IMG_20221103_173821.jpg

heleb asked
heleb commented ·

3 Answers

1 PV->2 Duos->4 batteries: Would it work?

Hi, would this work?

1 PV array with feed cable going to a junction box where 2 Bluesolar Duos connect. The first duo goes to 2 lead acid batteries, the 2nd Duo goes to 2 Lifepo4 batteries. I could add diodes in the junction box if required.

Gaff Rig Saltie asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

Bluesolar WM Duo LCD USB - did I buy the wrong product?

In my boat I installed the PWM Duo with battery 1 being a lead acid starter battery and battery 2 a 100ah Lifepo4. Settings only allow selecting 1 battery type however. Is the product only designed to charge 2 batteries of the same type?

And if so, what would be the right solar charger for me given 12v and 200W solar?

Gaff Rig Saltie asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

1 Answer

How to connect bluesolar mppt 150/85 and smartsolar ve.can 150/85 together on same Ccgx

System : Color Control GX, MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100,SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 150/85 rev2

I want to connect a spare bluesolar mppt 150/85 with new panels for the east side, as my north-west generation only fully performs around 13:30.

Is it possible to connect and "old" bluesolar and smartsolar ve.can together on the same Color Control GX?

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 07.16.26.jpeg

potgieter asked
kevgermany answered ·

1 Answer

How to launch equalization on a PWM Pro controller ?

I'd like to refresh some old 12v batteries with an equalization, I bought the PWM Pro for this purpose, but I see no way to launch it as I can do with, for example my TriStar MPTT where I just have a button to press.
This is not an ad for the Tristar, I love Victron products....

The software does not seem to allow this either (at least it's not explained in the software manual). I have a raspberry with a RS485 interface if there's any open-source documentation on the PWM-Pro COM protocol.

dom-guardiola asked

0 Answers

BlueSolar 75/10 Malfunction?

Hello

I have a had a BlueSolar 75/10 in my camper van (VW T4 Westfalia) for four years now, and up to now it has worked really well. Solar panel is 60w.

However, on a recent trip I was on a campsite - sunny day, had driven some distance, and on electric hookup - and I noticed the voltage display was flashing and reading 15.1v. Previously, in these circumstances the display would have registered float voltage (13.8v, occasionally 13.9v or rarely 14.0v). I was concerned about overcharging the battery so I disconnected the hook up, but the 15.1v soon returned. The battery itself wasn't warm, but I wasn't taking any chances, so I disconnected the Victron for the rest of the trip. No further problems (i.e. 13.8v/13.9v on hookup, lots of charge from the split charge relay), leading me to believe that the Victron could be faulty.

Now I've returned home, and the days are less sunny (and no hookup), I've reconnected the Victron and it's steadily building up (13.3v at the moment from 12.9v a couple of days ago).

Is there an issue with the Victron, or is the flashing 15.1v something I can ignore, as maybe the battery is absolutely at full charge and the Victron has cut out?

Grateful for any help/advice!

ega95jch asked
ega95jch edited ·

1 Answer

various PWM Charge Controller input sources

Instruction manual for Manual for BlueSolar PWM Charge Controller – LCD - USB shows on page 2 the warning:

BlueSolar Charge Controller is only suitable for regulating solar modules.
Never connect another charging source to the charge BlueSolar Charge
Controller.

while the user manual Manual BlueSolar PWM-Light 48V Charge Controller does not contain this warning.

What happens if we connect a 80V battery instead of solar panels to the input ? Possibly the reverse polarity protection will blow in case of accidental wrong connection but shouldnt it start charging any battery with voltages 24/48V ?

janvi asked
janvi edited ·

3 Answers

PWM Charge Controller LCD&USB : arrow blinking?

Hi,

I recently bought a BlueSolar PWM Charge Controller LCD&USB 12/24-5. Now, I'm using it with a 20 Wp solar panel and a 12V/24Ah VRLA battery. It's going well. But I have a question.

Sometime, on the LCD display, the left arrow, the one between the solar panel and the battery (also called "charging symbol" in the manual) is blinking. Moreover, there seems to be two different blinking speeds. I didn't found any explanation. So, what does the blinking of the charging arrow means?

Cheers

Eric

eric-s asked
jokees answered ·

3 Answers

Does a BlueSolar PWM 48V 30A need to be in the light?

I built a pontoon boat with a 48V outboard and the SLAs were not getting the job done so we are changing to lithium. I am adding a cobbled together solar charging system and was planning to mount the BlueSolar PWM 48V 30A inside the console. Will this work? If not, will a small daylight source (a hole) work?

lonebeagle asked
lonebeagle answered ·

2 Answers

Victron PWM LCD duo PV voltage problem

Hello. I've connected 2 new 95Ah AGM batteries and 12V 100W panel to Victron PWM LCD duo regulator (20A). When I connect everything in correct sequence PV voltage shows around 13,2 V and batteries are being charged at the same voltage (1,5 - 2A). When I messure voltage directly on + and - cable from panel I get reading around 20V. Regulator program iz set to B01 (AGM). I have even tried another regulator and same thing happend. Is this ok? Sky is celar and sun is high. Batteries where new and almost full. Thank you very much.

emilijanenko asked
emilijanenko edited ·

2 Answers

Blue Solar pwm 30 amp dropping pv charge

I'm have a 30 amp 12 v pwm blue solar charge controller that is new. Will be charging well. Come back an hour later and less than half charge. Reconfigure from lifepo4 to gel and immediately recovers for an hour or two the drops again. Reconfigure back or any battery alternative and full amperage recovered. Im using 2x 160 w 36 cell panels in parallel with 120 lifepo4 battery with 40 amp bms. System works fine with cheap pwm from china not designed for lifepo4. Its as if system goes into absorption mode even on lifepo4 after a few hours

Any advice please

howard-dunbar asked

0 Answers

73 Posts
66 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts