communication protocol Image

communication protocol

Multiplus 2 GX Communication problem

Hi

I have several installations in which i used a Victron Multiplus 2 GX and I had some problems in most of these installations, i think the problems that I am facing are related to the communication with the built in GX device.

These are some of the problems that I faced:

1- The screen turned off in 2 installations,

2- The Connection with the GX device embedded in the inverter is not good, no data is transferred to the VRM, noting that all the connection cables are new, it works only after rebooting the remote console, but after some time, the problem returns,

3- The icon of the PV solar charger disappeared and then appeared after rebooting the remote console, but after a few minutes it disappeared, the system saw that there was no PV so the batteries were discharging, Also noting that the connection cables (VE direct in our case) between the chargers and the inverter are new as well,

4- The GX reboots randomly, and in the VRM the inverter appears OFF, the client thought that there was no electricity in the house while is was ON.

Hoping to get some help regarding this topic

Thanking you

hanyhc asked
tobschter commented ·

1 Answer

LiTech Power LiFePo4

Dear All,

Currently I am busy with setting up an Victron ESS system based on a multiplus II and Cerbo CX module. I want to add to this system a third party battery set. Does anyone has experience with the Litech power LiFePo4 48V 100Ah Powerwall Energy Storage system (LPPW48V100AH16S1PF001) (www.litechpower.com) ??

see also the following link: LiTech Power LiFePo4 48V PowerWall Energy Storage System - LiTech Power Co.,Ltd

I was wondering if someone has experience with these battery's or maybe already is using these? Particularly if the communication between the Litech BMS with the victron system is functioning fine.

I want to connect three of these 48V/100Ah in parallel.

Many thanks in advance for replying,

Dirk

d-angles asked
noori-henry answered ·

1 Answer

Parallel connecting Phoenix multiplus 24/3000/70 with ...?

Hi all,

I am looking to extend my system with another inverter. I now have a Phoenix multiplus 24/3000/70 from 2009. I have a HEX number of 1812017.

On the form I read about not being able to connect compacts, phoenix inverters and newer multi's with my firmware. My question is three fold.

1. If I am able to get another Phoenix multiplus with the a simmilar HEX number (beginning with 18) is it then possible to connect them parallel?

2. What cable do I use to connect the two? I only have 1 RJ45 port for my control panel and 2 10pin ports of witch I don't know the name. The manual says it should be possible to connect with other devices from the port. (https://www.victronenergy.nl/upload/documents/Installation%20Manual%20Multi%20and%20Phoenix%20Inverter%20(Non%20VE.Bus%20models).pdf Paragraph 1.6.6.)

3. With the correct cable, will the parallel set than communicate via the old MK2 protocol? Or do I need to install a certain protocol?

See below for pitures of the inside of my current phoenix multiplus.

Thanks!

IMG_20220623_110913_1.jpg

IMG_20220623_110933_1.jpg

manus asked
nickdb commented ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX Communication Ports

Hello Victron Community, I am just about finished wiring my off grid 48 volts system also waiting for communication cables from Victron supplier .

The question keep coming up in my mind is what is the best way to daisy chain the system with CERBO GX and Global Link 520. My system consists of 8 Lithium batteries 300 ah sets 2. I have Lynx Power in, Lynx shunt, Lynx Distributor, Cerbo GX , Global Link 520, BMV 712 Smart Shunt with display, Touch 50 , 2 RS 450 / 200 and 2 Quattros 48 volts / 10000 va / 140 amp / AC Transfer Capacity 2 X 100 Invertor 120 Volts. Is it a good an idea to ground Lynx Power in and Lynx Distributor in my system? Please any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Jasbir Rathor asked
Jasbir Rathor answered ·

3 Answers

Hex Protocol for SmartSolar MPPT RS450

I'm new and inexperienced here in the forum, but I've been using the BMV 712 for 2 years. I read and set the parameters under Linux (C, C++) and the hex protocol. I use the document "BMV700 Series HEX Protocol". There are no problems with this. I have now acquired the "SmartSolar MPPT RS 450" and wanted to integrate it into my system, as with the BMV. However, I can't find any documentation on the Hex protocol for the MPPT RS. Where can I find this documentation? Without it, the device is worthless to me.

Dr. Werner Sachs asked
Dr. Werner Sachs answered ·

2 Answers

Protocole victron et bms seplos

Problem de multiplus qui arrête pas la charge ou le bms il. Laye c’est tout

cali-clim asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

7 Answers

Multi RS Solar VE Bus protocol converter

Just wondering if there is a protocol converter available that will allow me to connect to either VE-Bus or VE-Can Bus to something like Modbus, if there is a data map available that will also be handy. Looking to pull data from a Multi RS Solar and display on a SCADA system. @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) are you aware of anything?

lintech asked
lintech answered ·

2 Answers

USB Programming tools

I have a BMV-501, and Pheonix Multiplus compact installed.

In addition to 'VE Configure software', what components do I need to configure these devices using a Windows 10 PC?

p-hayton asked
p-hayton answered ·

5 Answers

Communication

Hello Victron Community I have a problem with the communication between the inverter and the color control as soon I plug in the communication cable on the Gx device the inverter trips what could be the fault

brendongarikai asked
nickdb answered ·

1 Answer

MPPT 75/15 and Cerbo GX

I would like to add my SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 charger to the Cerbo GX. I see no ve.direct socket on the MMPT 75/15. The literature for the MPPT 75/15 charger indicates it can communicate with the Cerbo GX. How would this be done?

incarose51 asked
wkirby answered ·

0 Answers

Quattro + Huawei KTL

Hello everyone.

I have installed a Huawei SUN2000-100KTL-M1 with a Smart Power Sensor for zero export.

I would like to know if I can use a Quattro 8KVA (3Parallel) in conjunction with the SUN2000 so that the surplus can be stored and used with the batteries؟

- What additional devices do I need when installing?

Thank you

hitham asked

0 Answers

How to contact the Community Manager & Site Admin

What is the best way to get in contact with the Community Manager for site administration issues (accounts, emails, file attachments, etc)?

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) commented ·

1 Answer

Communication

Bonjour,

Voulant m'équiper de;

1 Multiplus2 48/5000 GX

1 rs 450/100

8 Pylontech us2000c ( 2*4) avec un lynx distributeur

1 groupe électrogène(sdmo) 6kva AVR avec boîtier ATS

J'aurais voulus connaître les câbles nécessaire à la communications entre eux ( pas la puissance) car j'avoue qu'entre vediredt/bus, vecan/vebus, vebus/RJ45.......je suis perdu.

cordialement.

ced07 asked
ced07 answered ·

14 Answers

What is MPPT state 245?

I'm occasionally getting MPPT state 245. I can't find it defined anywhere in the doco. Does anyone know?

taylortops asked

0 Answers

Communication ports on battery

[image]

Hi there, these are the communication ports available on my 150ah LiFePO4 batteries (I have 2). Is it possible to connect the batteries to my 450/100 victron MPPT or my Phoenix 5kw inverter or will I need a cerbo GX?

pjd asked
Alexandra commented ·

1 Answer

Followers

99 Posts
90 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

Kienan
0 Points