question

danirpg avatar image
danirpg asked

Phoenix Smart Charger restarts continuously without battery

Hi,

I use the smart charger to charge different batteries, to achieve this i code a program to manage the charger via VE.Direct HEX protocol.

When im not detecting current or the cahrger charger or status is in Storage mode i deactivate the charger via SoftSwitch.

The issue is when the Smart Charger is OFF via SoftSwitch or via Remote wire and doesnt have a battery plugged, the Smart Charger restarts itself continuously, i can observ this in the leds on the charger that blink all at once and in the VE.Direct comms i see an unresponsive behaviour, the HEX protocol commands doesnt get responded and text messages doesnt show in about 5 seconds.

I see other post with similar issue https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/36954/phoenix-smart-ip43-charger-constantly-restarting.html

Any idea of what happens?

Maybe the charger doesnt work well without a battery permanently conected?

VE.Directcommunication protocolPhoenix Smart Charger ip43
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jürgen Lippl avatar image
Jürgen Lippl answered ·

Hey,

I just installed one of these Chargers and witnessed the same issue. Is there any update, did you resolve this?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic