charge controller compatibility Image

charge controller compatibility

Dakota battery brand support

Does Victron support Dakota Lithium battery products?

laurits asked
nickdb answered ·

1 Answer

Wind Turbines and victron charge controllers

hi, i would like to know if victron mppt charge controllers support wind turbines? if yes could i run 2 controllers in parallel, one with solar and one with a wind turbine?

Thanks

Lief.

lief ryan asked
stokie77 commented ·

18 Answers

Model Phoenix 12/24. When the power switch is turned on, it lights up (bulk) and after a few seconds goes into (failure + fast blinking Bulk) output voltage = 0V

when trying to configure settings:

Adjusting maximum bulk current.

Adjusting absorption voltage.

Adjusting float voltage.

- the system enters setting mode, but the output voltage remains zero

yevgeniy asked
klim8skeptic commented ·

0 Answers

EV Charging box doesn't recognize one type of car

We tested the charging box, it generaly works, with Mercedes BMW and Tesla, but not with a Smart EQ, it is not recognized and therefore no charge is possible. We changed the charging cable, that was not the reason. Can we test something else or is this possibly due to the firmware?

beilstein asked
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

1 Answer

Lifepo battery compatibility question

Hi! I think I have an easy one that I just want to confirm. Current setup is 2x Renogy 100 watt panels to a SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 to 2x 100ah AGM batteries in parallel. The AGMs are getting up there in age (came with the camper) and I’ll be replacing them in the next couple months. Can I plug and play 2x lifepo batteries with that setup? 12v system. Using a Smart BMV712 to monitor.

Thanks!

Vince

vinman asked
vinman commented ·

1 Answer

Sonnenschein PRO Series & Multiplus-II compatibility

Hi Team Victron, can you please advise on the compatibility of Sonnenschein PRO Series with Multiplus-II (48V system) or are there any documents stating the same ? The Sonnenschein datasheet shows Victron-compatible however the Victron list does not include Sonnenschein PRO Series.

Secondly, I'm currently planning to use 1xMultiplus-II/3kVA, 4xSmartSolar 150/35 (1.5kWp Solar per controller), 4xSonnenschein PRO Series 9.6kWh in a 48V system. Communication-wise: Colour Control GX with Victron 4G Modem & GPS for GX Controllers. Would you have any concerns about the configuration?

tmm asked

0 Answers

Exceeding capacity of MPPT 150/100?

I’m building an RV system using (6) 250w panels with the following specs:

Max Power: 226.92w

Vmpp: 21.052v

Imp: 11.01a

VOC: 24.34v

Isc: 11.75a

While researching for the appropriate Victron controller, I attempted to use the MPPT Calculator (Excel) to size the charge controller, but my panels don’t seem similar enough in specs to the Victron panels for inputs.

I plan to use MPPT 150/100 with the above panels (which I already have) in parallel and 12v. But now I’m confused as to whether the panels exceed the controller’s capability, and/or whether I should wire it differently in some combination of serial/parallel.

Can anyone verify this unit will work or recommend a better course of action or a different hardware configuration. Any help greatly appreciated.

BTW: I currently have a 12v battery bank using (4) Trojan T-145 6-Volt batteries. I realize this is small for the above, but plan to replace this after I install the above.

mlink asked
kevgermany commented ·

6 Answers

What size MPPT charge controller for these batteries?

What size MPPT charge controller for :8-90 watt Zamp 19.1 volt 4.7 amp panels in series/parallel. Four strings of two panels. String volts=19.1x2=38.2 volts. System : 4.712x4=18.84amps

With: 3-Ampre Time 12 volt 300 Ah LiFePo built in 200A BMS.

Plan to add one additional string.

Which Victron MPPT Controller?

maringotka asked
maringotka commented ·

4 Answers

Mppt controller/ or smart monitor.kompatinlität mit smart mppt100/30

Hello,

Weiß jemand welche Monitor von den beiden mit meinem smart solar charge mppt 100/30 kompatibel ist! (Solarregler mit Bluetooth)

Es gibt ja den mppt Control(rund)(Manual wird nur bluesolar erwähnt)

Oder den smart Monitor (längliche) anscheinend nur für größere 150er mppt aufwärts!

Wer weiß da was?

Vielen Dank gruß

klem asked

0 Answers

Solbian SP-52L / MPPT 75/15

Hi All,

Apologies for the newbie question: I'm thinking of mounting one or two Solbian SP-52L panels on my sailboat. The specs for these panels are:

52W

Voc: 10.9V

Vmp: 9.1V

Isc: 6A

Ipm: 5.7A

If I've understood correctly, I would indeed need to wire at least two of these panels in series in order to use my MPPT 75/15 (i.e. to achieve the required minimum voltage). One panel alone would not work in this configuration. Is this correct?

Thanks!

metamark asked
ray-mont answered ·

1 Answer

Nube here - Which controller should I use?

Hi all. Brand new to the community.

I am installing a total of 8 385w Jinko panels. Originally, I had planned 2 strings, each in a series-parallel connection. I had planned on using 2 250/60 controllers.

Then, someone told me I could go with a 150/85 for each string if I wired each string in parallel.

My panels:

Vmp - 40.8v

Imp - 9.45a

Voc - 49.1v

Isc - 9.92a

Device rating- 20a

Any suggestions?

Thx!

famtraveler24 asked
famtraveler24 answered ·

2 Answers

PWM Controller

I think I’m slightly out of my depth looking through some of the discussions on here!!

I converted a camper a while ago and then decided to fit a ‘simple’ solar system

I installed one 100w panel and a 20amp Victron PWM controller which has worked well, but was planning to ‘improve’ the performance

I’ve now got a second identical panel to add, but, am slightly confused as I’ve been told that I can wire it in series or parallel!

I was told that the controller would allow this, but, is this correct if I wire in series and then have 24volts to it?

Any pointers would be very helpful

Many thanks

Phil

phil-fouracre asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Smartsolar charge controller not connecting to bluetooth

Mppt 100 15 charge controller will no longer connect to any devices. I was using this perfectly fine up until a couple of months ago when all of a sudden it stopped reading. I have tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting and even tried multiple devices but nothing works. Is there a way to manually setup in victonconnect app so I can at least see my controller? Not sure what else to do but I am getting frustrated haha....

victronuser16 asked
Rob Fijn answered ·

3 Answers

input 12 v lead acid starter battery output 24 v electric motor lithium battery

Looking for a dc to dc charger to charge my 280 ah 24 v / 6800wh lifepo4 electric trolling motor drive battery from my 200 ah 12 v starter battery. (50 Amp 12V alternator on main engine)

Can you give me an advice what kind of dc to dc charger would suit my needs ?

something like a orion tr smart 12/24-15a (360w) isolated dc-dc charger should work ?

mikewh asked
justmurph commented ·

4 Answers

Followers

90 Posts
88 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.