rs485 Image

rs485

Mehrere Energiezähler an cerbo GX - PV Anlage mit Multiplus II und AC seitigem WR

Guten Morgen,

ich steige gerade in die Victron und Solarwelt ein und freue mich schon auf meine Anlage. Grundsätzlich ist der Plan eine PV Anlage mit Multiplus II 5kw + Pylontech Batterie + AC seitigen Wechselrichter(n) (2x 1Phasig oder 1x 3 phasig) aufzubauen.

Als Haupt Energymeter soll der EM24 mit RS485 Schnittstelle über USB angebunden werden.

Zusätzlich würde ich gerne auf dem VRM Portal den AC seitigen WR anzeigen lassen - dafür würde ich den ET340 nehmen.

Wenn möglich hätte ich gerne noch einen ET112 um das Klimasplitgerät (1.Phasig 20A) als AC Last im VRM Dashboard mitloggen zu lassen - ginge das mit der Einbindung und Anzeige und was wird dafür benötigt ?

Der elektrische Teil der Anlage wird von meinem Elektriker erstellt, welcher bereits Victronanlagen aufgebaut hat - nur mein spezieller Wunsch nach mehreren EM hat er so noch nicht umgesetzt.

Ich habe schon einige Websites und Foren durchsucht - gefunden habe ich z.B. den Beitrag Can i use multiple em24 energymeters? in dem "ossi" antwortet das dies gehen würde wenn das RS485 Netzwerk am USB Port aufgebaut werden würde.

In meinem Fall verstehe ich das so:

USB port A: Victron Converter RS485-1: - EM24 ID1 (für Hauptzähler)

USB Port B: Victron Converter RS485-2 : - ET340 ID1 (AC seitiger WR) + (an das gleiche Kabel geklemmt) - ET112 ID2 (AC Last)

Die ID für den ET112 stelle ich einmalig einzeln am Notebook um, und hänge den in Reihe hinter den ET340 so wie hier skizziert:

[image]

Ist das korrekt und werden die EM dann auch im Dashboard richtig angezeigt oder habe ich einen Denkfehler ?

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe bereits im Voraus !

schmitzy asked
der-hannes commented ·

4 Answers

Probleme mit mehreren USB-RS485 Verbinungen am Host USB-Port

Ich habe aktuell massive Probleme mit meinem Multiplus II GX bei Anschluss mehrerer USB-RS485 Verbindungen über einen HUB an USB-Hostport des Multiplus.

Ist ein EM24 Energiemesser am USB-Hostport direkt angeschlossen, funktioniert dieser einwandfrei. Schließe ich dort jedoch einen USB-Hub (Digitus Spider) an und verbinde neben dem dem EM24 auch noch ein Daly 16S BMS (per USB-RS485 Victron Kabel), so kommt es zu vielfältigen Störungen in der Kommunikation und zu kuriosen Systemzuständen. (Zur Verbindung wird der bekannte Treiber von Louis van der Walt (Github) genutzt.)

Das neue Serialgerät (Serial Batterie) wird beim Anschluss nur mühsam erkannt und die Verbindung wechselt immer wieder zwischen Connect und Disconnect, bis irgendwann eine längere Verbindung bestehen bleibt.

Bei Anschluss des USB-RS485 Interface (egal ob EM24 oder Daly BMS), direkt am USB-Hostport des Multiplus wird das jeweilige Gerät sofort erkannt und es besteht unmittelbar eine stabile Verbindung. Es scheint jedoch immer zu Problemen zu kommen, wenn ein USB-Hub dazwischen hängt und mehrere Geräte (EM24 und BMS) verbunden sind. Es wurde auch bereits ein anderer USB-Hub von Anker, sowie die externe Stromversorgung des Digitus-Spider versucht. Leider ohne Erfolg.

In dieser Konstellation kommt es auch zu kuriosen Systemzuständen, in denen die Venus Oberfläche z.B. anzeigt dass die Batterie entladen wird (ESS Discharge), tatsächlich wir diese jedoch geladen und auch umgekehrt, dass Bulk Charge angezeigt wird, der Multiplus in diesem Moment jedoch ins Netz einspeißt https://youtu.be/JQ2VDbaNxhE oder dass trotz Netzbezug keine Einspeisung erfolgt, sowie die Fehlermeldung "NO AC DATA".

Ich habe dann heute erst mal aufgegeben und wieder nur das EM24 als alleiniges Serialgerät direkt am Hostport angeschlossen und einen Reboot des Systems durchgeführt. Nun läuft wieder alles normal und stabil, jedoch leider ohnen die wichtigen Daten vom BMS.

Gibt es dazu einen Lösungsansatz oder ein bekanntes Problem mit dem USB-Hostport? Danke für etwas Unterstützung.

gero asked
Jockel commented ·

3 Answers

Energy Meter ET112 communication link

Like many before I have been challenged by installing an ET112 "grid meter" at mains AC entry point when my whole solar setup is in an outbuilding around 40m away. Hard wired communication back to a Multiplus 2 GX is just way too complicated, and would require laying underground conduit to hide cable runs across a large parking area. I did consider the Zigbee option, however, from my experience of trying to get a decent extended WiFi signal to my outbuilding I am not even sure the Zigbee would guarantee a solid connection (it is effectively a wireless mesh system operating on the same 2.4GHz as WiFi. At that frequency passing through 3x 25cm solid walls over the distance required is probably on the edge of operation?).

My thoughts turned to a RS485 radio link. At this stage I know I am subject to scrutiny and I make no guarantees that this would suit everybody's situation. If I could I would go for a hard-wired link... but I can't. I absolve myself from all liability if anyone decides to copy my project.

I have done some projects with LoRa in the UK so the available 868MHz band is well known to me. I stumbled across a RS485 transceiver board on ebay (....don't you just love it?), made by our friends in a different time zone. So, I purchased 2 of these boards to play around with. They use FSK modulation and make the board in 433/868 MHz versions (check your country rules!!). Ideally they run on 5v and the manufacturers claim a free air (line of sight) range of 500m. They appear to do what they claim.

The next part of the puzzle is the link to the GX device. Victron "recommend" FTDI UART chip based serial communication by implication (....that is what their standard connection cables seem to be based on?). There are 2 other UART chip devices in general circulation the CH340 and the CP2102(SiliconLabs). From what I have found the Victron equipment does not natively communicate with CH340 devices (you need the drivers installed). The CP2102 chip works with a Venus GX I have on a raspberry pi system and also with Multi 2 GX (which effectively has a Venus inside). I have not tested with Cerbo GX but there is no reason to assume it will be different since the software is all Linux based?

The USB to RS485 device I bought was the DSD Tech SH-U10. Which is a dongle that plugs into my raspberry pi. Be aware that this will not fit within the Multiplus 2 removeable protection panel over cable entry. You could just get a USB extender cable so that the dongle is outside or, as I am going to do, buy the DSD Tech SH-U10L which comes as a connection dongle on the end of a USB cable... much neater solution.

The transceiver uses less than 30mA at 5V so at the Victron end mine is powered off the DSD SH-U10. However, I have built small mains powered 5V DC power supplies into my devices so that I can run the radio link off a fused spur at my consumer unit end. In fact I used the opportunity at the grid entry point to install a Mains isolator between electricity board meter and house consumer unit in a small secondary consumer unit (designed for garages/outhouses etc). That also neatly houses the ET112 meter, since there was no space left in the main consumer unit.

So, that's it. I 3D printed some ABS boxes for neatness and to keep it housed safely. Although I only "need" the power supply at one end I have just printed the same box at both ends. I have played around with different cable options and have decided that standard internal BT telephone cable is a good option, it is just 2x twisted-pairs within the same cable. Of course this has not been tested to extreme but it has been soak tested for a week or so and appears to connect flawlessly?

[image]

[image]

gazza asked
gazza edited ·

0 Answers

Carlo Gavazzi EM111 feed-in feedback loop

Hello!

I recently installed an EM111 Carlo Gavazzi meter to monitor my grid connection point to limit my grid feed-in.

To make the meter work, I had to change the meter parameter "Measure" to "b", such that reverse power flow would read as -ve and forward as +ve. When set up like this, the Victron system works perfectly.

However, after a couple days, I am finding this "Measure" parameter changes itself back to mode "a". When it does this, all power, even feeding-in to the grid, is labelled as a +ve power flow. The Victron sees energy being consumed, and then raises it's feedback to combat it. The system is actually feeding in this power, so this results in a positive feedback loop until the Victron maxes out.

Would Victron be resetting this parameter via the modbus RTU? I have seen no indication in the EM111's manuals that they would self-reset, so I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My system is as follows:

CCGX

Quattro 10KVa

EM111 connected to RS485-USB adaptor in CCGX

2x 150/45 BlueSolar MPPTs

400Ah 48v Lithium CANBus Battery Set.

andyandy26 asked

0 Answers

Double ET112 sur convertisseur ZIGBEE-RS485

Bonjour,

j'utilise pour le moment un ET112 via 2 convertisseurs ZIGBEE-RS485 DRF2659C (dont 1 avec un convertisseur RS485-USB coté RPI+VenusOS) pour le comptage ENEDIS.

L'un d'entre vous a t'il déjà testé 2 ET112 en // sur un seul convertisseur ZIGBEE, en changeant les @ des ET112 comme avec un convertisseur RS485-USB ?

Ou faut il impérativement 1 convertisseur ZIGBEE par ET112 ?

krystof69 asked
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

6 Answers

Very long RS485 cable for ET112

Hi,

I have a question about my methodology for running a long RS485 cable, beyond 30 meters, especially in regards to the USB-RS485 adapter and the wiring for the 120 Ohm termination resistors either end.

I have read through the available documentation from Victron and FTDI and I have arrived at what I *believe* is the correct method I should be using.

Can someone please confirm that my understanding of this is correct based on my attached picture.

[image]

In case any questions come up in regards to moving the Multiplus/MPPT/Cerbo/Batteries closer, please note I do not have the space to do this. I can only feasibly extend the AC-in side to my main consumer unit and extend the RS485 connected ET112 data back to the DC installation 35 meters away.

Regards,
JC

jc2010 asked
matt1309 commented ·

11 Answers

USB to RS485 interface extension cable

Since the usb to rs485 intereface comes in either 1.8m or 5m what is the recommended way of extending this to another 20m? Would a cat 6 cable be suitable for instance?

Cliff Raccani asked
mk1 commented ·

2 Answers

Problem mit zwei ET112 an Cerbo GX + Problem mit neuer V2.87

Ich wollte mit zwei ET112 die Leistung meiner beiden Solar Anlagen mit dem Cerbo GX erfassen.
Beide ET112 sind über RS485 parallel und über einen USB RS485 Adapter mit dem Cerbo verbunden.
Die Modbus Adressen wurden auf 1 und 2 gesetzt, beide Zähler tauchten im Cerbo auch unter Energiemessgeräte auf.

Leider ist es mir nicht gelungen auf dem Dashboard beide Zähler anzeigen zu lassen, es
erscheint auf dem Dashboard nur ein Icon mit der Summe der Leistung beider Zähler.
Das ist ja recht nutzlos, dann hätte ich ja gleich nur einen Zähler gebraucht.

Wie kann ich das so ändern das pro Zähler auch eine Info über die Leistung zu sehen ist?

Und mir ist aufgefallen das nach dem Update der Cerbo Firmware von V2.84 auf V2.87
nur noch ein Zähler erkannt wird, der mit der Modbus Nr.1. Der zweite stürzt sogar ab und keine
LED leuchtet mehr. Nur stromlos machen und Neustart hilft dann, aber nur 20 Sekunden und der Fehler ist wieder da.
Nach einem Downgrade auf V2.84 geht es wieder reibungslos mit beiden Zählern, das ist eindeutig reproduzierbar.
So bin ich leider gezwungen auf das Update zu verzichten.

Vielleicht hat ja jemand den ein oder anderen Tipp für mich.

exciter asked

0 Answers

Intergration Of Victron Cerbo and Solaredge Meter

Intergration Of Victron Cerbo and Solaredge Meter

SE meter operates on RS485

Ebrahim Railoun asked

0 Answers

How to connect ET340 to Venus via ETHERNET ?

I am stuck with my ET340 setup .
ET340 is sitting in the power distribution cabinet (solid steel case - forget WIFI ).
The pipes, laid in concrete, I had forseeen for additional wires, have been wrecked by the builders - squeezed...
So I end up having no option to -route an additional wire to my Venus/ Multigrid, two rooms away.

I do have Ethernet LAN in the cabinet and I am aware of RS485 <-> Ethernet adapters, but will the Venus / Multigrid be able to communicate ?

vicky asked
turbyho answered ·

9 Answers

Venus GX not detecting ET112 via RS485 but can see it on laptop

Hi,

I have a Venus GX and trying to use a ET112 via a RS485 cable when I plug it into a laptop that RS485 cable lights up and I can see the ET112, but when I plug the USB into the Venus GX I get nothing on the meters section and the RS 485 cable does not light up.

Should the RS485 cable light up when plugged into Venus GX device ?

Do I have to switch the RX\TX cables around between using it on a laptop to the Venus GX ?

Any help would be great.

Cheers

techguru asked
daba answered ·

2 Answers

trouble with ET340 connection by new Zigbee 485(DRF2659c), USB (DRF2658c) module

Hi there,

please, let me ask for help if possible with the new zigbee RS485 (DRF2659C) and USB(DRF2658C) module that I would like to use for wireless connection of ET340 to Venus OS.

I have trouble with them to be recognized be Venus OS (2.73 and 2.80). I find out that zigbee modules come with quite new firmware v8.5 and it has ID_MODEL=USB_Serial, that I have adjusted in "serial-starter.rules", in "start_cgwacs.sh" and I have played around also with serial-starter.conf. Without success till now.

When I do wired connection all works well and ET340 is recognized as device ID:345 with 2571291A number and is visible by Venus OS . See screenshot 1.

When I set it with zigbee, there is no info about find cgwacs device. See screenshot 2.

Any suggestion what I could try is welcome? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Hynek

1. Wired connection

[image]

2. Zigbee connection

[image]

3. USB-zigbee module

[image]

hsaman asked
pau1phi11ips commented ·

2 Answers

ET112 to Cerbo 50 rs485

Hi. Is it possible to connect ET112 to Cerbo with 50 metre rs485 to usb cable

darrencham asked
sanchuka commented ·

5 Answers

Et340 to Venus GX connectivity issue

Hi Guys. I recently installed an ET340 Energy meter to my ESS system. I've been running ESS for quite some time without any problems and decided to compliment the system with a External energy meter about a week ago. I printed and read the instruction manual thoroughly before installing the meter. The process went without problems and the GX immediately registered and showed the meter. I left it running until the next day to make sure there was no teething problems before tidying up.

I plugged out the USB side of the cable (Genuine Victron RS485 to USB cable) and routed it through the existing trunking, as far away possible from existing power wiring. When I plugged it into the Venus GX again, there was a spark from the cable and then smoke coming from the chip side of the cable. I could clearly see that it was burnt black on the inside of the USB housing.

Seeing that a USB device normally can be plugged and unplugged while the host device is on, I didn't think that this would be any different so I thought it might have been a faulty cable.

I ordered a new one, connected it exactly the same as the other one, re-checking the manual numerous times, powered off the meter and GX device and then plugged it into the USB port. I powered everything up but do not get any communication now. The USB cable's red LED (one closer to the back) is on constantly and the red one closer to the front occasionally flashes a few times, trying to probe the meter I guess, but nothing else happens. The ET340 has got a constant green LED on and the red KWH LED flashes according to electricity usage.

The energy meter still shows up under "energy meters" in the remote console but does not register anywhere else, like when the meter would not be powered up.

I've also tried connecting to the meter with the cable and 2 separate laptops but no success. There is still no communication with the meter. I've checked and re-checked the wiring over and over again.

Can anybody maybe give me some suggestions??

czauto asked
czauto answered ·

2 Answers

RS485 Topologie und Terminierung

Ich habe am Multiplus II den USB-RS485 Adapter, daran sollen zwei Energy Meter (EM24 und ET112 im Abstand von je ca. 8) angeschlossen werden. Die Modbus-Adresse des EM24 habe ich auf 2 geändert.

Wenn nun beide 8m Kabel (CAT7) und beide Energy Meter angeschlossen sind funktionieren sie sporadisch. Wenn es mal nicht funktioniert und ich eines abklemme funktioniert aber immer das andere.

Bisher hatte ich die BUS-Enden nicht terminiert. Sobald ich beide Enden vom Bus mit 120 Ohm terminiere funktioniert es aber nie (selbst wenn ich nur ein Kabel mit einem Energymeter anschließe und an beiden Enden - also am USB Dongle und am Energymeter den 120 Ohm Widerstand zwischen A und B anschließe. Wenn ich den Widerstand auf beiden Seiten entferne funktioniert es.

Die Widerstände habe ich nachgemessen, jeweils 120 Ohm passt.

Mir ist klar, dass in der Theorie der Modbus Master an einem Ende und der Abschlusswiderstand am anderen Ende des Busses sein sollte (mit kurzen Busleitungen zu den angeschlossenen Geräten).

Aber: Warum funktioniert es dann nicht wenn ich nur ein Gerät über CAT7 am USB Dongle anschließe und auf beiden Seiten terminiere??

Läuft der USB Dongle so instabil, dass man immer nur ein Gerät anschließen sollte??

behl asked
netrange edited ·

2 Answers

54 Posts
51 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

ascherg
0 Points
Stuart
0 Points