question

hanszwicky avatar image
hanszwicky asked

ET112 energy meter and zigbee-rs485/usb converter

Dear all,

As this topic seems unfortunately to pop here and there from time to time, I was wondering if someone managed to get the connection to work properly between ET112 and Cerbo GX through

DRF2659C (rs485 to zigbee)

DRF2658C (zigbee to usb, connected to cerbo)

I am stuck with doing tests with DTK software as indicated here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/153482/energy-meter-et112-zigbee-ccgx.html?childToView=241149#answer-241149

I have set the coordinator and router preference and I cannot get any Rx/Tx to flash quickly on any side of the link. I can only get the RS485 side to have slowly flashing Rx/Tx after I press quickly 3 times on the function buttong.

I do have some xiami sensor at home probably speaking in zigbee as well, as per the documentation this can be an issue, but unfortunately I cannot do otherwise.

Any way to check what is going on with adressing ?

Thank you in advance for your help

cerbo gxrs485et112 pv readings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
hanszwicky avatar image
hanszwicky answered ·

I have searched this topic for hours, and collected a set of software, documentation, etc...

I am currently stuck, as I cannot use DTK electronics zigbee module firmware flashing application with the rs485/zigbee adapter. I ordered a rs485-usb adapter online to pursue my debugging journey.

I noted that nobody online shares their local config in terms of zigbee channel + PAN ID. The default as per the vendor documentation are the following:

screenshot-2023-11-07-at-110834.png

Unfortunately, channel 22 and Pan ID 199B didn't seemed to work for me. I will need to check exactly what parameters where flashed on the router device when I'll have the proper adapter.

See also relevant documentation from the vendor here:

drf-zigbee-module-v52e.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hanszwicky avatar image
hanszwicky answered ·

Ok, as soon as I received my usb to RS485, I understood why the setup was not working out of the box.

Here is the default RS485-zigbee router configuration:

router-original.png

And here are my confugration after I flashed the value I wanted:

For router (RS485)

zigbee-final-router.png

For coordinator (usb, on cerbo side):

zigbee-final-coordinator.png

2 |3000

Related Resources