power meter Image

power meter

Andere Wifi AC meter in VRM für die Solarstromproduktion einbinden

Hallo,

ich arbeite bei mir mit mehreren verteilten Hoymiles Wechselrichtern. Ich kann die Stromproduktion gut mit der DTU von Hoymiles sehen und protokolieren. Nun bauen ich eine ESS Anlage mit einem Victron Multiplus II auf und würde mir auch gerne alles auf dem VRM Portal anzeigen lassen. Leider hängen die Hoymiles teilweise an weiteren Unterverteilungen und aufgeteilt auf verschiedene Phase so dass ich die gesamte Stromproduktion nicht irgendwo im Hauptzählerkasten messen kann. Gibt es eine Methode mehrer 1-Phasige Wifi AC Meter im Haus verteilt einzusetzen (derzeit verwende ich an einer Stelle einen Shelly Plus 1 PM) in VRM zu integrieren?

Danke und lieben Gruß

Michael

michael66 asked
dereinaeugige answered ·

1 Answer

Mehrere EM24 in Summe als Netzzähler

[image]

Hallo liebe Forumsleser,

Ich habe eine etwas größere PV Anlage mit Wandler-Messschrank, dieser ist Verplombt und der Netzbetreiber und mein Elektriker sind der Meinung, dass in diesem Schrank kein weiterer Zähler einzubauen ist (aus mehreren Gründen). Somit kann ich den Zähler nicht in der orangen Position (A) platzieren. Aber ich kann einfach Zähler in den blauen Positionen (B) und (C) platzieren.

Da ich einen Netzzähler brauche um einen Akku mit 3x Multiplus II als Victron ESS einzusetzen, bin ich auf diesen Messwert angewiesen. Kann ich mit Venus OS die Zähler (B)+(C) als Steuerung für meine ESS 0-Einspeisung / Überschussladung verwenden? Oder muss das zwingend ein Zähler sein?

vorab vielen Dank für Hinweise!

Grüße vom

mucmak

mucmak asked
mucmak edited ·

3 Answers

Landis+Gyr E360 meter data connection to GX?

[image]

Any idea how to connect to Landis+Gyr E360 meter and maybe it would be possible to get accurate readings to VenusOS through DLMS or USB?

Manufacturer page gives less information that other meter brands:

https://www.landisgyr.eu/product/landisgyr-e360/

There seems to exist RJ11 - to - USB cable (P1 cable):

https://webshop.cedel.nl/Slimme-meter-kabel-P1-USB-voor-Landis-Gyr-E360

But pulling an usb wire from property border to indoors does not feel feasible.

Some meter brands have RS485 or other screw terminals under the network's seals, I'd like to use the opportunity to get hooked to those before it gets installed. Just in case I need them. Guy doing the installation doesn't know a thing about that.

I see some HomeAssistant people have been wondering the same thing.

Juha Tuomala asked
Juha Tuomala answered ·

1 Answer

Can my ESS produce reactive power to the grid?

I have a ESS with two Quattro and solar power. I have feed in excess power enabled.

This has been operating for two full months and the house meter has

1. 941 kWh Total Active energy consumed (from grid)
  2. 600 kWh Total Actve enery fed (to the grid)
  3. 40 kVARh Total reactive energy consumed
  4. 330 kVARh Total reactive energy fed

I can understand some consumption of reactive power due to some pump motors we have, but not the export of reactive power.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

macevedo asked
apple047 commented ·

1 Answer

AC Load not always showing correct values

Ever since upgrading the Multiplus II to 492 and Venus OS to 2.82 (coming from 2.74), I have noticed that the AC loads are not always showing the correct values.

I often see AC load on phase 1 going to 0W.

It looks like it is cause by delays in reading out consumption values from either the Multiplus or the Grid meter. My battery cells are not well matches, so the BMS will start to constantly decrease and then again increase max charge current. So the Multiplus is constantly dropping and increasing the charge power quite a lot. Seems that, when u sudden increase or decrease occurs, it takes some time for the GX device to correctly recalculate the AC load.

Not sure if this is impacting anything other than the displayed statistics.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I have made a gif showing the issue. Note that power consumption is actually stable, so the AC load values are definitely incorrect.

[image]

Tim D'hoe asked
felr edited ·

7 Answers

Connect EM24 to local network

Hi @ all

I finally got an electritian with made the changes to my local power system so that I can fire up my victron Quatro II. I am now at the step to setup the two ET340(actually EM24) power meters. They come with default IP set to 192.168.1.10 which will not work as me net is 192.168.0.x.

How do I switch the ET340 to DHCP mode? The menu of the unit is rather odd and a connection via ehternet (UCS7 software) does not work for obvios reasons. Somebody has a manual for the steps in the menu?

Thanks.

sesshoumaru asked
marekp commented ·

2 Answers

Solar PV generation meter - can this be used with the Multiplus for recording system generation?

I currently have a secondary electric meter on the outlet of the solar PV inverter measuring the amount of generation. As a generalisation, can this meter be used in conjunction with the Multiplus 2 GX for recording the solar PV input into the system as opposed to a 40A current sensor?

Can these meters have an output that can be utilised by the Victron systems for recording power generation and if so does anyone have any experience in making this option work?

My basic understanding is its a no as I think I am correct in saying the meters only have a pulsed output for recording energy consumption in kWh and not power in kW in real time, but thought to ask before dismissing the idea.

Jason - UK asked
Jason - UK edited ·

0 Answers

EasySolar-II 48/5000/70-50 MPPT 250/100 GX
I have the EasySolar-II 48/5000/70-50 MPPT 250/100 GX installed on an off grid system.
The input of the public electrical network connects to a differential circuit breaker, from which a cable goes to the inverter.
Then comes an inverter cable that plugs into the main frame of the house.
I have a shelly EM measuring the consumption in the phase cable that comes from the public power grid, but since I installed the inverter, it started to give me strange values, sometimes it gives positive values, sometimes it gives negative values (low values), being which in principle should not give any values, because most of the time I am not consuming energy from the public grid, nor injecting it, because I am in off grid mode.
Is it normal for this to happen?
Thank you!

parisfox asked

0 Answers

Vast difference of solar input power and inverter output power

[image]

3x 48/5000 Multi

2x 250/100 MPPT

Venus GX

Batteries in IDLE mode.

No DC consumption at all (off grid installation).

Solar in/power out has a difference of about 800W.

This can't be right..?

A few hundred watts in energy loss OK, but 800??? This gap is constant, even getting bigger with more power out (through)..

offroadflow asked
seb71 edited ·

2 Answers

Feeded in Energy does not comply with Venus GX

Hello,
Sorry if this was asked before. I did a research but did not find helping info.
If I watch on electric meter of my house installation it says, that my system feeded 16 kWh into the grid in nov. + dec. 2021. - fine !!

If I watch my installationsite on internet (Victronenergy.com), it states that my system feeded in 63 kWh on "solar" menu.
When I change to "systemview" it states that it would be 103 kWh.

How do I configure my system correctly ?

I have a 1-phase application. On Phase 1 there is a Multiplus 48-3000 and a SunnyBoy 3.0 from SMA.
I use a ET 340 gridmeter, a Venus GX with Firmware 2.73 and 3 Pylontech 2500 Wh batteries.

Thx for your support.

solarjunky asked
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1 Answer

Power Consumption Reading in Victron App

Hi guys,

I am a little confused with the Victron app history tab and I know this may be a silly question.

With reference to the image below where it says 10Wh under consumption, is this the total watts consumed in the day 'so far' by the load, or is it how many 'watts per hour' the load is consuming?

[image]

I especially ask this because throughout the day the load power consumption will fluctuate quite differently, meaning I would assume at least a quarter of the day it would consume more than 10 watts per hour and some instances less. Is it maybe the average watt hours consumed throughout the day instead?

samuil asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

2 Answers

SmartBMV Power % not Matching VenusGX %

My SmartBMV shows 74%, and was recharging at 890 Watts.

My VenusGX shows same time 93%, and recharging at 1190 Watts.

How do I get correct answer? How do I get these to match?

Low power usage for 7 hours, I have Qty 4 8d newer batteries on boat. I suspect the correct answer is between these two values.

queserasera20 asked
queserasera20 answered ·

2 Answers

Power non return to zero at night on a MPPT 250/60

Dear all,

I use a MPPT 250/60 smartsolar with 2 x 1.5kWc (Voc 170V) solar panels and a 340Ah x 48V battery. On the MPPT, I notice that the current PV power non return to zero at night. It stays around 10-16W. Disconnecting PV panels using the PV braker don't change anything (it is not the moon light :).

If i use the remote plug to switch Off/On the charger, the unit return to 0W.

At night the PV voltage is around 50,6V (near the battery voltage currently 51,3V)

The FW is the last 1.37 version and the MPPT is 1or 2 month old.

Any Idea ?

Regards

amrane asked
shingsam commented ·

7 Answers

power to grid calculation 3 phase system

hi,

in the dashboard you have power that is going to the grid and power that is taken from the grid.

in my system a 3 phase system. ( 3 x multiplus 2 , smarthsunt, mppt, ccgx an ac coupled pv system.) is there a little problem withe the calculation af the power.

when i sending power to the grid on phase 1 lets say 1 kw and i using 1 kw on phase 2 the energy meter from the grid stays on 0. what is normal in this case.

but in the victron dashboard its counting the 1 kw that i am sending on phase 1 on the to grid counter.

and the 1 kw that i am taking from te grid it is counting on the from grid counter.

is it posible to disable this an to use the same calculation that the grid meter is using ?

phase compensation is enabled in the ess system now.

thanks

dieter

diet asked
Alexandra commented ·

2 Answers

>10kVA and dedicated production meter

I'm designing a 3-phase ESS system based on 3x a Multiplus-II 5000 with the solar panels feeding in on the DC bus.

3 times 5000 VA brings the total inverter kVa >10kVA and as such is no longer considered a "residential" installation in Belgium and requires special permits and requirements.

One of these requirements is the instalation of a dedicated production meter. This meter is supplied by the grid operator and needs to measure the AC energy produced by the installation.

As the loads on AC OUT, might receive power from AC IN as well, it is not OK to connect such a production meter directly to AC OUT.

The only suitable place is directly behind the inverter and this is not an exposed connection on the Multiplus.

Does anyone know if making a tap directly behind the invertor for connecting a production meter is feasible to do?
Or are there any alternatives possible?

johan-b asked
wkirby commented ·

2 Answers

37 Posts
35 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

ascherg
0 Points