multi phase Image

multi phase

2 x Multiplus II 5000 auf L1+L2, low battery nur bei Multiplus auf L1

Ich habe eine Problemstellung, welche ich nicht selber lösen kann. Meine Konfiguration sie aus wie folgt: 2 x Multiplus II 48/5000, zwei SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/100. Als Batterie verwende ich zwei DLG Pytes per CAN-BUS angebunden mit jeweils 5.12 kWh.

Morgens früh, bei einem SOC von ca. 40 % zeigt der Multiplus auf L1 "low battery" an. Es ist immer nur der Multiplus auf L1. Die Batteriekabel sind alle gleich lang, die Anschlüsse fest verschraubt. Alle Einstellungen wurden per VEConfig auf beide Multiplus übertragen. Hat jemand eine Idee was es sein könnte?

getacca asked
maha commented ·

5 Answers

Three phase scheme

Hello everyone, I,m new at Victron community and I,d like your help in a photovoltaic project which I,m dealing.

I,m taking some online training at Victron professional and I guess I,m learning, But I would like to share my case to hear yours opinions

I need a 3 phase off grid system with a ESS (30kwh possibly to up to 60kwh), to be installed at a single home. I understand that a gasoil/gasoline generator will be needed in case of emergency.

The AC loads could be around 40-60 kWh/day, and the peak consumption around 10 kw.

The power of solar panels installed around 18 kw.

A future conexión to the grid is possible.

I would like to hear your opinion about the best efficient system, (with newest Victron equipment actually) Thank you very much.

rafavictron asked
rafavictron edited ·

2 Answers

Generator to DC side of 3-phase grid connected system

Hi dear Victron community!

I have a grid connected three phase AC-out-coupled system with Multiplus-II, CerboGX, SmartShunt, Lynx distributor and battery balancers. Battery pack is 48V 600Ah made from 12 pcs of 12V lead acid GEL batteries (picture below).

[image]

I would like to connect a back-up generator for the wintertime to help the batteries when the electricity price is really high and the SOC is getting low. There is three possible solutions in my mind.

1. Generator and changover switch to AC in of MPII. That needs a very powerful 3-phase generator which is expensive and there are troubles with feed-in.

2. Generator and Skylla charger to the DC side. Not a big generator needed but there is no VE.bus communication with the system.

3. Generator and another Multiplus (preferred). This way I could have intelligent communication, more flexibility and even one extra 1 phase output from the extra Multiplus. Is it possible and logical this way? Red colour is for new equipment. Is there anything else I should add (generator auto start for sure)?

[image]

Any ideas, suggestions or examples are welcome...

Karl

Karl Laasik asked
Juha Tuomala answered ·

5 Answers

Multiplus 12/3000/120 Overloads in a grid loss

Ok I will try to be as clear as I can.

I have 2 multiplus 12/3000/120 in a split phase config.

10 100ah Battle born lithium batteries with a shunt in two separate (5 qty ea) battery banks routed and fused to a single 1000amp terminal block

Battery Cabling is 4/0 Windy Nation and I will admit it is on the outer limits of length.

Inverter Cabling is 2/0 Windy Nation X2 from inverters to same 1000amp terminal blocks noted above.

AC units have softstarts but are already running at the time of the outage

The inverters will handle both AC units for many hours if I shut them down first then transfer power to the inverters and then turn the AC units back on. So they are absorbing the in rush from the compressors nicely just won't transfer it.

Problem: Inverter will not ups a 10-14 amp load on either or both inverters. If I am running say a 1000 watts or less there is no issue.

Observation: In VRM downloads I can't find anywhere the battery voltage dropped too low or the temps on the inverters at the time of the outage was 38C so according to specs should be able to handle 2200w each, no DC ripple, nothing I can see for the inverter to shut down.

Question 1: What else might cause this shut down. Could cabling being at the edge of acceptable lengths cause this but not show any indication of a cut off in VRM

rjoustra asked
Mike Dorsett commented ·

0 Answers

3 Phase MultiPlus with different phase loads

Is it possible to mix MultiPlus II inverters in 3 phase system? For example one 5kva model and two other 3kva? Or have 4 inverters - two sitting on phase 1 and other two dealing with phase 2 and 3?

Anyone build such system?

wojtek-m asked
marekp answered ·

3 Answers

Multiplus II 2x120 generator compatibility.

What is the condition that the Multiplus II 2x120 uses to determine its power flow as described in the Data sheet? Or whether the AC input is 120v or 120v/240v split phase?

[image]

In the case of the Multiplus II 2x120, when you connect the inverter in-between the automatic transfer switch and the RV panel the 120v/240v input connection works as intended and a 120v input connection also works as intended. Unfortunately it seems that the Multiplus does not pass through both lines from industry standard generators.

[image]

I believe the problem is that a lot of RV and off grid generators only output 120v. Most of them such as the Cummings Onan- 5.5HGJAB-6755L which is rated for 5500watts or 45+amps has two outputs. Each is 120v and outputs about 23amps. In most cases it is not possible to combine L1 and L2 out of the generator as the two lines are out of phase, not 180° out which would give you 240v but 120°. Meaning you can't combine the 2 lines to get the full 5500watts or 45+amps single phase to the Multiplus. Probably a cost savings thing on the part of the generator manufacturer as they can use the same components across multiple generator configurations. Either way this is common place in the industry here in the US.

So my question is, can the Multiplus II 2x120 be configured to detect this power type and passthrough both legs? If the Multiplus is actually detecting the phase and not just 240volts then there should be reason to believe Victron could remedy this with a firmware update. Correct? Also, if the voltage between L1 and L2 is 208v would that be an easier setting than the phase detection?

exmoso asked
rvsolarconnections answered ·

4 Answers

Two phase system changing to 1 phase in power outage

I have a very specific system in mind. I want to replace a tri-phase 240v connection to the house because it is 3 times as expensive as single phase power and have a backup power source. But there is an issue, there is a 2 phase 9kVA appliance in the house that is used sometimes. The 9kVA appliance is in two of the phases, and the whole house is in the other. My options are to move the house into the two phases provided by the victron and let them manage the incoming single phase grid somehow (which I think is not possible), or have two victrons run the 9kVA in an off grid type bi-phase system when grid power is functional, and switch one of them or the two of them when the grid goes down to power the house which would be in another circuit.

iabeck asked
shaneyake commented ·

1 Answer

MultiPlus ll and MultiPlus ll GX in parallel???

Hallo

I have an ESS system with a Multiplus-ll 48/3000 / 35-32 on L1

and would like to set one more in parallel or on L2.

I have a 48/3000 / 35-32 GX

I want to hear if the two devices can run together or if a brand new one can run together with the old one I have.

They have the following number.

Multiplus-ll (it is running today with a Cerbo GX)

PN: PMP482305010

SN: HQ1933WREV4

hw rev 12

Multiplus-ll GX (the one I would like to add)

PN: PMP482306000

SN: HQ201572K91

hw rev 05

[image]

[image]

jens-due asked
marekp answered ·

2 Answers

Multi Plus II - Trips off when batteries are full

Hey Guys,

I have an off grid installation where I'm having the issue that the multi running on L1 keeps tripping off every 2mins when the batteries are full.

The system comprises of 3 Multi Plus II's one of which is the GX unit, configured for a 3 phase system and 720Ah of lithium ion phosphate batteries. The three phase output from the multi's then runs 300m into the bush to a village where there are 10 small huts that I have installed 6 Fronius inverters and panels, two per phase.

I have called Fronius and gone through their inverters with the to confirm that they are in fact doing what they should when the frequency from the multi increases.

The Fronius inverters are all set to MG50 and the multi's have configured for no grid but have the PV assistant installed and configured.

Appreciate in advance any assistance anyone could offer.

Nathan

Nathan Ciaglia asked
tobias-schaufler answered ·

3 Answers

Notstrom mit Multiplus 2 5000

Hallo zusammen,

ist es möglich mit 3x Multiplus 2 5k das Hausnetz, genauer gesagt jede Phase (L1,L2 ,L3) auf Notstrom über den Akku laufen zu lassen?? Wenn ja wie schließe ich das an??

Das AC Out 1 Notstrom kann mir bewusst sein, aber ich kann ja nicht einfach Ac Out 1 auf zum Beispiel L1 anschließen oder?

Wie wäre das richtige Anschlussschema, das bei Netzausfall, immer noch alle drei Phasen über den Akku versorgt werden??

Gruß Martin

martinka asked
martinka commented ·

6 Answers

14 Posts
14 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

marekp
110 Points